#21 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, even she's doing Perks, I don't think she will announce it directly. She may said something like the quotes from Cinemania interview but won't tell us which movie she would be in. But we could get the truth from candids and other info channels :yesyes:

Well we don't know exactly why Emma didn't publically announce her role in My Week With Marilyn. It may have been by her own choice or it may have been something she had to agree to. Since filming for Perks apparently begins in December it won't be long before we find out for sure.
Emma Watson: The Britsh Beauty.
Qq1N2U.jpg TigerBengal1.jpg

#22 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

I am not so sure that she would be able to do Perks. She is doing re-shoots around Christmas. And in a an interview she talked about how that doesn't really fit in her schedule and she has no idea how everything is going to work out. So idk if Perks is really possible with school.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#23 Bobsnider

Bobsnider

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Do you guys like the book??

#24 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

According to BridgeCityFilms twitter, they spoke with an agent that confirmed that Emma will be in Perks of Being a Wallflower:

http://twitter.com/BridgeCityFilms

Here's an article mention Emma being in the movie, although it's in the rumor mill and they have a different date for when filming starts:

http://www.wpxi.com/...714/detail.html

Of course we'll have to wait for confirmation from Emma or a press release comes out to know for sure.

Edited by KS987, 05 December 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#25 shiningmoment

shiningmoment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

We know for sure that she would be in MWWM from the film company's news press but not Emma herself. I think this time will be the same LOL

About the filming time, I think the author(he's also the director of the film) is more believable. And Emma will end her exams in May and leave the uni so I think this time is proper for her to film.

I've finished the book recently. It's somewhat too 'teen' to me LOL. But I like Sam, she's a beautiful, considerate girl with wild rebellious nature, a big difference from Hermione. I'm so excited to see how Emma will perform this role :ohyeah:

PS, Sam will have several kiss scenes with Charlie, the male leading played by Logan Lerman. In the final of book, they will have some hot snogging scene, I think the fanboys will be overjoyed to see Emma in them :lol:

#26 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

We know for sure that she would be in MWWM from the film company's news press but not Emma herself. I think this time will be the same LOL

About the filming time, I think the author(he's also the director of the film) is more believable. And Emma will end her exams in May and leave the uni so I think this time is proper for her to film.

I've finished the book recently. It's somewhat too 'teen' to me LOL. But I like Sam, she's a beautiful, considerate girl with wild rebellious nature, a big difference from Hermione. I'm so excited to see how Emma will perform this role :ohyeah:

PS, Sam will have several kiss scenes with Charlie, the male leading played by Logan Lerman. In the final of book, they will have some hot snogging scene, I think the fanboys will be overjoyed to see Emma in them :lol:

I agree that May would be the best time to start filming, since she'll be wrapping up her second year at Brown around that time and DH2 doesn't come out until July. Although early January sounds credible as well as she will still be on break and she might be done filming the epilogue by then. We'll have to wait for more information though.

And thanks for telling me that. Now I'll once again be kicking myself for not auditioning for a role which requires kissing Emma.

#27 shiningmoment

shiningmoment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

But early January maybe too short for filming. Despite this film is an indie and Sam is a supporting role(although she's the female leading actually), I think she will still need four or five weeks to make it. If the DH2 reshoot won't take too long, she can do it. But the reshoot will take her two weeks, I doubt she will have enough time to do another movie in such a short winter break then.

Whatever, let's wait and see, winter break is not too far away lol.

#28 Neve

Neve

Energetic member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

I just thought that if Emma does PoBaWF, it's another movie adaptation of a book: HP, Ballet Shoes, TToD, MWWM... Clearly, it's a good career strategy, it's been working for Keira and so far Emma has made really good (and rather unexpected) choices :)
Posted Image

#29 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

But early January maybe too short for filming. Despite this film is an indie and Sam is a supporting role(although she's the female leading actually), I think she will still need four or five weeks to make it. If the DH2 reshoot won't take too long, she can do it. But the reshoot will take her two weeks, I doubt she will have enough time to do another movie in such a short winter break then.

Whatever, let's wait and see, winter break is not too far away lol.

Didn't know the epilogue would be taking two weeks. Yeah she probably wouldn't be able to film everything then. But we'll see what happens.

#30 shiningmoment

shiningmoment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

I read it from SS that reshoot will take two weeks.

another report on the Perks:
http://www.thepittsb...532/detail.html

The local media is excited that Emma will film in Pittsburg LOL.

#31 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

And then you get an article like this http://www.post-gaze.../1108775-60.stm that says the Pittsburgh Film Office has heard nothing about the film being shot in Pittsburgh.

Still just rumor until we get more than "I was talking to someone and they said...".

#32 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

It' a pain in the ass that it's reached the point that we have to wait until official sources confirm something because we can't trust any other source due to conflicting information.

Why not just talk to the people that are known involved with the project or linked to it, and film the interview and post it on your site and avoid this "I heard this somewhere" or "I talked to someone who says they know some guy and they said this" nonsense. Are they that damn lazy or are they just more interested in spreading rumors than actuall giving people useful information?

Edited by KS987, 08 December 2010 - 11:32 PM.

#33 tabitoo

tabitoo

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSouthKackalacky

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

I so hope she's doing this film. I've read that primary shooting will begin in May. Which will be good seeing how Emma will be on summer break. Also I think she will make a wonderful "Sam". I loved this book and I liked it a lot better than "Catcher in the Rye" in that book the main character "Holden" seems a bit spoiled. Though I think this is the point and he's finding himself not wanting to do what's expected of him because to him it's all plastic and fake. However, in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Charlie's character has a real reason for feeling so depressed and suicidal. He was molested by his Aunt when he was very small and then she died in a car accident while getting him a birthday present. Even though he loves her he hates her at the same time...very understandable. Then when he finally gets to be in an intimate situation with the girl he's in love with "Sam" he finds he can't because of hidden memories of the molestation coming out during his almost "making love" with Sam. Sam is very sweet to Charlie. She let's him know that it's okay that he's not ready and that she understands, which, is why she thinks he changes his mind. Also the first kiss between Sam and Charlie is really sweet. She tells him that she wants his first kiss to be with someone who really loves him and not like it was with her when she was seven by her dad's friend, and she's crying when she kisses him and you can tell that for him it's the best most wonderful kiss ever and that he's very much in love with her.

#34 shiningmoment

shiningmoment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

^Yes, what Sam did for Charlie is very sweet. She also told Charlie that he should be honest to himself which help him blending in school finally. that's why I say she's a considerate person despite all these rebellious behaviour, especially when you think she herself had a bad memory back to childhood.

So there's no surprise that in Charlie's eyes, Sam is the most beautiful and clever girl he's ever met. I'd say this is one of the reasons I want to see Emma as Sam, she is also beautiful and clever :)

#35 trixie

trixie

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

I've read this book. I really hope she will do this role. Sam would be a great part post Potter for her to play. Very different from Hermione.
there's nothing I N T E R E S T I N G about being P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

#36 shiningmoment

shiningmoment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

From the latest issue of Production Weekly, a professional insider publication, Emma was confirmed on the cast list of TPOBAW:

“THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER”
PRODUCER: John Malkovich - Lianne Halfon - Russell Smith WRITER/DIRECTOR: Stephen Chbosky
CAST: Emma Watson - Logan Lerman
This is the story of what it's like to grow up in high school. More intimate than a diary, Charlie's letters are singular and unique, hilarious and devastating. We may not know where he lives. We may not know to whom he is writing. All we know is the world he shares. Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it puts him on a strange course through uncharted territory. The world of first dates and mixed tapes, family dramas and new friends. The world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite.

#37 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:49 AM

If that is the case then we should be hearing something official soon. I'm hoping that if Emma is in this film we get a lot more news from it.

#38 GingerCat

GingerCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

I heard a rumour on another message board that the role of Sam will require Emma to do a nude scene. Can someone who has read the books confirm or deny this?

Personally i hope that it doesn't involve a nude scene as while i don't have a problem with Emma doing nude scenes later on in her career i think it is a bit to soon after Harry Potter for her to do something like that.

#39 shiningmoment

shiningmoment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Sam has some passionate scenes with Charlie towards the end of the book (and yeah, they took off their clothes finally) and Charlie once heard her having sex with her then boyfreind. If the director wants to present those scenes properly, he may require Emma give some daring performance.

But you should remember, the book itself was banned from public libraries as it firstly published in 90s so it's obviously not children book. It's more adult and controversial.

Personally I'm glad Emma is considering a more complicated and adult role after 10 years playing the same character.

Edited by shiningmoment, 29 December 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#40 GingerCat

GingerCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

Sam has some passionate scenes with Charlie towards the end of the book (and yeah, they took off their clothes finally) and Charlie once heard her having sex with her then boyfreind. If the director wants to present those scenes properly, he may require Emma give some daring performance.

But you should remember, the book itself was banned from public libraries as it firstly published in 90s so it's obviously not children book. It's more adult and controversial.

Personally I'm glad Emma is considering a more complicated and adult role after 10 years playing the same character.

Well Emma did say this in a interview only 6 weeks ago

----------------------------
"I'm not going to get my kit off or snort cocaine in a film, just to leave Hermione behind," she told The Sunday Times magazine. "I'm not going to do something shocking because I'm so paranoid or insecure that I can't play another role convincingly. I don't want everyone to forget me as Hermione. I'm really proud of her."
----------------------------

so hopefully that means for now that she isn't considering doing roles that require nudity. Even if Sam does get naked in the book there are plenty of ways to film such a scene without actually showing anything (more often than not in Hollywood nude or sex scenes don't show anything compared to the ones that actually show nudity).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users