The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Would You Call Your Child Emma?

Baby Emma?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the name Emma. I love the English pronounciation of it. Yes, it is different from the Swedish way of saying it..

However I already have a name "reserved" for my future daughter and it is NOT Emma. The name that I have in mind is far more unusual, unique and "tropical". If I have a second daughter I might name her Emma, but not because of EW. Like many people have said Emma is a very common name. It is beautiful, but common. The name I have in mind is not common at all. But it is VERY beautiful :)

And I just started college so I don't think I'll be considering baby names for a few years ;):rolleyes:

I ask that, because I personally LOVE the name EMMA, it may be a silly question and I only ask just for fun.. And with Emma Watson in mind it would be kinda cool. Hope I posted this in the right section. :king:

i think emma is a wonderful name to name child i will definately think about it i think i will also try to get a wife named emma..........

• 2 months later...

I honestly don't like the name Emma much, it's also the name of my cousin's daughter. Emma is as common in the US I don't think, at least I haven't came across that many people with that name. I guess it's as popular as mine. I do want a common-ish names for my children, I'm 24 so I'm always thinking of baby names and such. Not that I'm having any, anytime soon. For a girl I want Anna Jane, & a boy Seth Thomas. I've had them picked out for a long while.

No...my daughter is named Emily and her dad and friends call her Emma but I don't. I didn't name her Emma and to me my daughter is Emily and her last name just so happens to start with a W. She was born a few years before the first Harry Potter movie so her name had nothing to do with me being an Emma watson fan...that didn't happen until a few years later. :yesyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this name, I may name my daughter Emma but it would depend of its popularity when I have children, because for now in France it is very common, and also, of course, of the dad's opinion. I wouldn't name my baby without talking about it with the man I chose for being my children's dad.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I said : Yes , with EW in mind 

I think it's a lovely name and I often think of calling my future daughter Emma (if I have children - not in the future ten years !!)

However, as I'm a lot influenced by Emma Watson, I think I'd prefer to give it as a second or 3rd name, and I'd prefer to give my children original names like mine - at least, original in France, uncommon i mean. 

Also, as common as it is, I don't know any Emma ! I believe it's not a name of my generation (born in 1992), I think it's often given since ~2000 in France.

Edited by Thessalie

Maybe as a middle name? I grew up around a lot of Emmas, so it's a fairly common name to me. About 3/4 of those Emmas were not very nice kids (LOL). I'm not too interested in giving my own children (if I ever have any) names of people that I grew up with. With EW in mind, I can't say I wouldn't consider it for a middle name though. 

I'm working on a novel, and I was actually thinking about making Emma the middle name of my main character's sidekick. EW in mind all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted and still want but Russia is so conservative that if I'd call my girl Emma people would look awkwardly at me. You just don't meet anyone who would have such a name. I personally adore all these foreign names.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always liked the name Emma, Louise has always been one of my top choices though, I also like Charlotte and Daisy.

I just hope I don't have a son because they are stuck with Rory and Ricardo! biggrin.gif (Stoke players tongue.gif)

Hey! I kept looking at your signature and couldn't figure out who the singer was in the picture lol. Who is it? :)

I've always loved the name Emma and I definietly would name my child that. Emma Watson would be an inspiration to name my child after because she has been such an inspiration to me. Also the character Emma in the tv series,Once Upon A Time, is one of my favorites on the show so she would be another influence.