The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Would You Call Your Child Emma?

Baby Emma?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ask that, because I personally LOVE the name EMMA, it may be a silly question and I only ask just for fun.. And with Emma Watson in mind it would be kinda cool. Hope I posted this in the right section. :king:

Edited by Rose
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I wouldn't. Its pretty but too common. There are three 'Emmas' In my son's class.

this is the same reason that would put me off, although saying that-I'm not sure how many babies are being called Emma at the moment, people seem to be opting for different names at the moment. But I would still be put off as I see it as a common name myself.

I think Emma would be a great name for my daughter if I had one.

Unless I somehow managed to overcome the odds and marry Emma Watson. Then I would have to pick something different :P

Edited by KS987

Only if it's a girl.

Possibly not even then. While I think "Emma Watson" is a beautiful name, "Emma" sounds rather old-fashioned to my ears. That may be a German thing, though, it sounds much more appealing in an English context.

When I first became a fan (at age 11,5) I started loving the name Emma. But having grown up I don't really care for the name anymore, it's a sweet name and I'll always associate it with Watson (even though I've had friends named Emma). So no way I'd ever name my baby Emma. There's so many other gorgeous names out there!

Only if it's a girl.

Possibly not even then. While I think "Emma Watson" is a beautiful name, "Emma" sounds rather old-fashioned to my ears. That may be a German thing, though, it sounds much more appealing in an English context.

True. Same in Dutch...but that's because of the Queen's greatgreatgrandmother who also was queen. Then again...I rather prefer English names...as I think that most Dutch names are pretty ugly.

Only if it's a girl.

True. I like the name, but in Germany it's mostly associated with elderly ladies. And thinking of the phrase "Tante Emma Laden" it might cause some bullying (you could translate that with "Aunt Emma Shop", and it's a common description for really small, dusty shops run by elderly women where you can buy groceries, sweets and papers - most of them have closed down in the past ten years, though, because said women became to old to run the business and with all those modern supermarkets it wasn't profitable to continue them, so that description might not be common among small children nowadays, I'm not sure).

I've heard that the name is getting more popular with every year, so the image might change.

I've always liked the name Emma, Louise has always been one of my top choices though, I also like Charlotte and Daisy.

I just hope I don't have a son because they are stuck with Rory and Ricardo! :D (Stoke players :P)

Emma is a very beautiful name. I love it and would definitely consider it. :)

And you are right, cbmac, Rachel totally took it. Poor Monica!

But, as she said, she loved Rachel more than the name so everything was cool. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've always liked the name Emma, Louise has always been one of my top choices though, I also like Charlotte and Daisy.

I just hope I don't have a son because they are stuck with Rory and Ricardo! :D (Stoke players :P)

I'm stuck if I have another boy, we can't decide on what we'd call him (not that there will be any babies in the next few years lol) but my boyfriend would like to call him Patric Pete or vice versa, he also has an obsession with fall out boy... I personally like Dexter and yes I did get it from the serial killer. Rory is a nice name though.

I still see Emma as a really plain name though, we had hundreds of Emma's at school.

I think it'd be more interesting seeing how many people would name a girl Hermione :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...