The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Leaving Brown?

Well, this is awkward, that's one of my best friends on my Quidditch team lolololol I've definitely commented on that pic on facebook. :P (Emma looks a bit unhappy, but apparently she was super nice-- she and her mum were a bit lost in finding their way to the Tisch building [which is NYU's arts school for those who don't know]

Yeah, it's true, an insaaane amount of NYU kids have been tweeting and fb'ing about it. Everyone I know is dying for her to transfer.

Since Emma doesn't want to be seen as anything other than a student at university i would think all the attention she is getting from NYU students would count as a negative (a reason not to transfer) for Emma.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Emma doesn't want to be seen as anything other than a student at university i would think all the attention she is getting from NYU students would count as a negative (a reason not to transfer) for Emma.

Right, surely, but I'm sure people would get used to the idea just like they did at Brown. Like everyone sees James Franco (everyone except me apparently) since he goes here and it's become not a big deal. And he's not the only one (though probably the biggest currently).

It'd be more difficult than settling down at Brown though, since NYU has I think more than twice as many students.

hah you know that girl? i bet you wish you were hanging out with her that day :P

and random question....do marykate and ashley olsen still go therE?

Haha oh you have noo idea. XD haha literally 48 people have liked that photo on FB.

Naw, they left several years ago.

Edited by emwatsonsuperfan

This would be nice I think. Because it would enable her to make more movies but at the same time finish her studies. I am sure Brown is just as lovely as she says but it did in some way limit her and if there's a chance to do both things without restrictions I think she should consider it and I am glad she probably does.

@ emwatsonsuperfan.Lucky friend there and Awsome picture.

IF she'd transfer it has nothing to do with Brown, I'm sure. I understand if she wants to transfer to NYU. It'd make it easier to mix studies with an acting career. But I just hope she stays in school!

Edited by trixie

NYU has the best film related program among US unis as I know so it's possible that Emma is thinking transfering there since it will be beneficial for her movie career.

emwatsonsuperfan, are you a student of NYU?

Yeah, I am. =)

@ emwatsonsuperfan.Lucky friend there and Awsome picture.

IF she'd transfer it has nothing to do with Brown, I'm sure. I understand if she wants to transfer to NYU. It'd make it easier to mix studies with an acting career. But I just hope she stays in school!

That's exactly how I feel

NYU has the best film related program among US unis as I know so it's possible that Emma is thinking transfering there since it will be beneficial for her movie career.

I believe that would be USC. But maybe she doesn't wanna be an SC Trojan. Perhaps she's not a Lane Kiffin fan.;)

I believe that would be USC. But maybe she doesn't wanna be an SC Trojan. Perhaps she's not a Lane Kiffin fan.;)

I think it really depends on what you're looking for-- and if you're looking to network with future filmmakers, NYU is the way to go sheerly based on numbers I'd say.

http://www.articlesbase.com/college-and-university-articles/which-film-school-is-best-nyu-or-usc-828956.html

I have no idea if Emma is considering NYU, but one thing that makes me doubt she'll transfer anytime soon is the fact that she would have to get settled in all over again. By that I mean she'll have to try and convince new people to get used to her and treat her normally, earn the trust of her teachers in case she has to take time off for a project, etc. She managed to do it at Brown within a few weeks but it depends on whether or not she is will to go through that process again.

In my opinion, her uni choices are not the most exciting. but that's probably because my uni has the most epic mountain towering behind it, with some of the most insane beaches really close by, which have bomb surfing waves plus over explosion of friendliness, etc etc etc..ha Yep folks she should come to Cape Town, her movie career won't flourish much as it will be too far but no one will give a crap that she's a HP actress, except the few here and there like me :P ha ha not that I'm expecting her to come here, i just think that she's not REALLY serious about privacy if she's gonna be going to NY. B)

i just think that she's not REALLY serious about privacy if she's gonna be going to NY. B)

It's fairly easy for famous people to blend in in NY. There's not paparazzi in NY like there is in LA (not to say there is none, but it's nothing like LA). You see actors just walking down the street in NY and people don't really seem to bother them. Sometimes they're just unrecognized in person. Occasionally you'll see them stop and take a picture with someone or sign an autograph but that's usually tourists. New Yorkers tend to leave them alone.

emwatsonsuperfan, are you a student of NYU?

Beneficial to her movie career? Emma has over a decade of professional experience, the kids at the film school do not. She could teach those students,and teachers for that matter, a thing or two. :lol:

(I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I might be repeating stuff here)

I think living in NYC, makes it easier for the juggle work and her studies, especially if she's in an open curriculum program. Good for Emma...obviously, school is still important to her, but she is so HOT right now, it is wise not to pass up opportunities.

If I had her money, I would commute to campus everyday, the hell with living in student housing, get a nice condo,and maintain some privacy to boot.

Edited by stinka

Just throwing this out there for anyone who hasn't caught it on Perez:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-24-dakota-fanning-emma-watson-new-york-university-acceptance-enrolling

As for Hermoine Emma, Brown hasn't been living up to her expectations and because of her work schedule, Providence hasn't seen much of her in the last few weeks. NYU has though, as she reportedly took two tours this past week and seemed to really like the school. We imagine that settling in New York would be a good fit for her. She could keep modeling and acting in projects and since this particular program lets her design her own curriculum, she'll have a much easier time at juggling a career and her studies.

She may or may not change schools. But I wouldn't base any of it on what Perez says. It's just a fat guy with a blog. Anyone with a computer can write a blog. And just because he's one of the better known bloggers doesn't mean that most of his blog facts aren't suspect at best.

I'm not one to believe Perez but it doesn't seem a stretch that now that she's done with Potter that she is realizing that finding films to shoot during her breaks is proving harder then she originally thought. Yet I'm not going to believe anything till she says it herself

Forget about the “Suite Life†twins — we’ve been keeping our ear to the ground, and there’s a good chance that NYU will have some real child stars joining its ranks next year.

Twilight fans can start surreptitiously preparing their iPhone cameras. Following a tour (as reported last spring), sources say that Dakota Fanning has been accepted early to Gallatin, and is expected to enroll next fall.

Additionally, Harry Potter star Emma Watson was spotted touring Gallatin two days in a row last week, accompanied by school administration. Given her modeling career, New York would be a logical fit. Apparently, Brown students say that she’s not on campus anymore. That said, we’re fairly confident that if she decides to leave Providence and the Ivy League, it will have been thanks to Gallatin Bingo.

Given their popularity with tweens and teens, we can only begin to imagine how much applications to Gallatin will skyrocket over the next decade. So, enjoy those bingo boards while they’re still a hot commodity!

source

Anyway, I'm not going to believe anything until it comes from Emma herself.

She may or may not change schools. But I wouldn't base any of it on what Perez says. It's just a fat guy with a blog. Anyone with a computer can write a blog. And just because he's one of the better known bloggers doesn't mean that most of his blog facts aren't suspect at best.

Well of course!! I just posted the link just in case anyone was interested that Perez has been talking about it.

Ah I was going to attend NYU >.< lol.... I know Emma is trying to do what is best for her and I admire that!! It takes a lot to transfer and such. and on top of that, to do it while being in the limelight. But, once again this is why I have so much respect for her. Studies come first, and she is going to stick to that!