The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma - Disney Princess?

Is that movie where she played a princess fun to watch? Does she has a big role in it.

I rather see her do a live performance though.

No, it's not very good.

Maybe if she wanted to voice another animated movie she should go in a different direction and be a part of a Pixar picture.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No, it's not very good.

Maybe if she wanted to voice another animated movie she should go in a different direction and be a part of a Pixar picture.

An animated feature would prolly be the most possible scenario. Her character would be designed to look like her, so to the audience it'll be almost a live performance. Her accent is (at least to the rest of the world) that really posh-like English accent, very proper sounding. Her voice is very much suited for a princess role in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the Desperaux movie yet. I really want to. I can see her playing a princess! I'd like her to play a non-cartoon princess too. Nice to see her in a long period dress!

same here..i'd like to see her as non-animated princess..play roles with "ever-after" feel or "enchanted" perhaps.. I'd actually love to see her in Game of Thrones!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Have they had any British princesses? That would be nice. And an Indian one. And others. (Isn't that a bit funny? Historically, there have been so many British princesses, but Walt Disney and company come along with Snow White and all of the princesses are American! Although I imagine I am forgetting somebody.)

It could be interesting to see her as a live-action British, Disney princes... A new one... Not a lame one... A very interesting one... Yes, I like this idea. :-)

Let me see, I think that technically the only Disney "princess" that was "American" would be Pocahontas...technically because she lived in North America. Jasmin is probably from the Middle East, Belle is from France, Ariel is from the sea, which in Disney universe is another nation, Aurora, Snowwhite and Cinderalla are not known.

This are of course the characters, not necessarily the voice actresses.

Let me see, I think that technically the only Disney "princess" that was "American" would be Pocahontas...technically because she lived in North America. Jasmin is probably from the Middle East, Belle is from France, Ariel is from the sea, which in Disney universe is another nation, Aurora, Snowwhite and Cinderalla are not known.

This are of course the characters, not necessarily the voice actresses.

Yeah pretty much. Pocahontas is based off an account by John Smith during his time in the new world. She is highly altered from the original account to the Disney account though, primarily age wise.

Jasmin is based off the Arabian Nights version of Aladdin, one of the few fairy tales I haven't read so I don't know how accurate it is.

Beauty and the Beast is based off "La Belle et la Bête" which is considered a french fairy tale but there's some debate about it as I recall. I think the original story and the disney version differ.

The Little Mermaid was a story by Hans Christian Andersen so I suppose technically Danish, although the sea sounds better :P. His story and the Disney differ considerably.

Aurora/Sleeping beauty, Snow white, and Cinderella all originate in the Grimm Fairy Tales. The brothers Grimm gathered German folk tales and published them as two volumes, so I suppose you could say they are German.

There's also the Princess and the Frog which was loosely based on the Grimm's Fairy Tale "The Frog Prince," but the two stories differ greatly.

19th century fairy tales and short stories are one of my specialties ^.^.

And to answer the original question I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to Emma being a Disney princess. She's already done the animated princess though so I'm not sure how likely it is she'll do it again.

Yeah pretty much. Pocahontas is based off an account by John Smith during his time in the new world. She is highly altered from the original account to the Disney account though, primarily age wise.

Jasmin is based off the Arabian Nights version of Aladdin, one of the few fairy tales I haven't read so I don't know how accurate it is.

Beauty and the Beast is based off "La Belle et la Bête" which is considered a french fairy tale but there's some debate about it as I recall. I think the original story and the disney version differ.

The Little Mermaid was a story by Hans Christian Andersen so I suppose technically Danish, although the sea sounds better :P. His story and the Disney differ considerably.

Aurora/Sleeping beauty, Snow white, and Cinderella all originate in the Grimm Fairy Tales. The brothers Grimm gathered German folk tales and published them as two volumes, so I suppose you could say they are German.

There's also the Princess and the Frog which was loosely based on the Grimm's Fairy Tale "The Frog Prince," but the two stories differ greatly.

19th century fairy tales and short stories are one of my specialties ^.^.

And to answer the original question I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to Emma being a Disney princess. She's already done the animated princess though so I'm not sure how likely it is she'll do it again.

Yeah I noticed that some of the original fairy tales end horribly for the main characters. Not so much for the Disney versions. Although I'm biased most of the time I like a good ending. But the little mermaid becoming one with the sea(basically dying) because she can't be with the prince...it left me scarred for some time :P Oh right...spoiler alert. Although it could have been interesting if the Disney version had the constant pain when walking bit.

The only thing I remember from the Frog prince is a cassette tape we had (yeah...I'm old) where the voice of the Frog was just awesome...(and easy to replicate...it's my one impersonation I can do and no one knows who it is!!)