The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma - Disney Princess?

Let me see, I think that technically the only Disney "princess" that was "American" would be Pocahontas...technically because she lived in North America. Jasmin is probably from the Middle East, Belle is from France, Ariel is from the sea, which in Disney universe is another nation, Aurora, Snowwhite and Cinderalla are not known.

This are of course the characters, not necessarily the voice actresses.

Oh, gosh, you're right! I didn't think that part through! I guess I got fooled by the accents. They're very American accents. I'd like a Disney princess with a British accent. I'm not sure if there has been one.

Yeah pretty much. Pocahontas is based off an account by John Smith during his time in the new world. She is highly altered from the original account to the Disney account though, primarily age wise.

Jasmin is based off the Arabian Nights version of Aladdin, one of the few fairy tales I haven't read so I don't know how accurate it is.

Beauty and the Beast is based off "La Belle et la Bête" which is considered a french fairy tale but there's some debate about it as I recall. I think the original story and the disney version differ.

The Little Mermaid was a story by Hans Christian Andersen so I suppose technically Danish, although the sea sounds better :P. His story and the Disney differ considerably.

Aurora/Sleeping beauty, Snow white, and Cinderella all originate in the Grimm Fairy Tales. The brothers Grimm gathered German folk tales and published them as two volumes, so I suppose you could say they are German.

There's also the Princess and the Frog which was loosely based on the Grimm's Fairy Tale "The Frog Prince," but the two stories differ greatly.

19th century fairy tales and short stories are one of my specialties ^.^.

And to answer the original question I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to Emma being a Disney princess. She's already done the animated princess though so I'm not sure how likely it is she'll do it again.

Wow, Dax. This is super impressive. ^^

actually, if you go to walt disney world's epcot, you would see snow white in Germany. You would also see the other princesses in their respective countries.

Oh, that's cool. :)