The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 4 months later...

It would certainly be interesting to watch him run, but there's speculation he won't and is doing this for media attention. Anyway, I don't think he can lead a nation. A democratic style government is vastly different from a private business empire. We rule by consensus in our government. Trump has the luxury of making unilateral and personally biased decisions for himself, that is a completely different ideal of what our government stands on. I am not saying he is an idiot or a dictator, but his own rhetoric and persona shows a man that thinks his wealth makes him better than the rest of the nation. Do we really want a character like that leading average Americans?

He is a birther. Whether it is sheer exploitation or if he really believes in that stuff. I can't possibly vote for a birther or anyone who uses such a conspiratorial slant to garner votes from the disenfranchised. It's shameless. We need better candidates than that. It's the presidency, this is serious business and when you bring debunked conspiracies to get votes out of the lunatic fringe it tarnishes the office.

Anyway, I hope Ron Paul runs in this upcoming election! :ohyeah:

Edited by Bagel of Death
  • 11 years later...