azileea's Content

There have been 99 items by azileea (Search limited from 21-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#146983 Language education in your country

Posted by azileea on 15 August 2011 - 05:45 PM in School, Homework and Assignments Forum

In Finland everyone starts to learn English in third grade (age 9). Swedish begins at fifth grade or seventh grade (age 11 or 13) depending on your choosing. Those two are compulsory throughout the school system (primary & secondary). Then you can pick extra languages depending on what the school has to offer. Most popular are German and Spanish but other ones are taught as well.

Every student has a right by law to study his or hers first language. So now that there are lots of immigrants more "exotic" languages are taught as well.

Finns tend to be rather good at English but they can be shy to speak it. :P *generalising*

#146980 Pottermore?

Posted by azileea on 15 August 2011 - 05:19 PM in Harry Potter

Anyone else scared of the Sorting? xD What House would you like to get into? I've always considered myself as a Ravenclaw. Might get sorted into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff though.. I'd be really surprised if I was put in Slytherin!

Waiting for my welcome e-mail!

#145893 Tumblr

Posted by azileea on 13 August 2011 - 12:43 PM in General Chat

I really didn't get Tumblr at first. But finally decided to join because I found it would be the best place to post my photography and maybe some graphics. Followed some of ya! Just joined but I proudly present to you:

azil&leah

#123856 The Ron and Hermione Thread

Posted by azileea on 04 July 2011 - 08:28 AM in Shipper Forum

Posted Image

#121173 Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

Posted by azileea on 26 June 2011 - 06:48 PM in Emma's Movie Roles

Nina just tweeted: my second to last day in PITT for Perks. BBQ poolside to celebrate almost being done!

#120725 The Rupert Grint Thread

Posted by azileea on 25 June 2011 - 10:50 AM in Harry Potter

This is a vid with all his kissing scenes. Warning, this vid can give you a heart attack.
This boy knows how to kiss!!!!   :drool:

Thanks for posting! Haven't seen him in other movies so it was interesting. Can't wait for the Ron/Hermione kiss!

#120512 The Rupert And Emma Thread

Posted by azileea on 24 June 2011 - 03:57 PM in Shipper Forum

Cute banner, thanks for posting! (:

#117853 The Ron and Hermione Thread

Posted by azileea on 17 June 2011 - 11:25 AM in Shipper Forum

Posted Image

Just had to post a clearer version. ♥ (from Hypable.com)
I just love Ron especially.

#114479 The Ron and Hermione Thread

Posted by azileea on 04 June 2011 - 10:51 AM in Shipper Forum

Aww, thanks for posting. ♥

#114478 The 90's Topic

Posted by azileea on 04 June 2011 - 10:48 AM in General Chat

Eiffel 65 anyone? :rolleye0012:

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die ^__^

#111807 Emma portraits by Mark Demsteader

Posted by azileea on 26 May 2011 - 12:21 PM in Emma Images and Media

I really liked them. I can't explain but they were not "just paintings of Emma" they have that mysterious something in them. Like in the one where the paint looks wet and is dripping. That one was my favourite.

#110639 Dogs

Posted by azileea on 21 May 2011 - 10:58 AM in General Chat

Posted Image

First pic I saw when coming to this topic. Like my late Tico! He was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the same colour too. He died of old age last December at the age of 9 (almost 10). I miss him a lot. He came to my dream last night. ♥

If I'm ever gonna get myself another dog, it would be from a shelter. No breeders anymore when there are so many strays.

#110638 Random Things Discussion

Posted by azileea on 21 May 2011 - 10:47 AM in General Chat

hi :D how you doin? Name's Slash!!! ;p

Reminded me of Joey from Friends. XD I approve!

#110637 The Ron and Hermione Thread

Posted by azileea on 21 May 2011 - 10:46 AM in Shipper Forum

Nice pic! Thanks for posting!

#110636 Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

Posted by azileea on 21 May 2011 - 10:44 AM in Emma's Movie Roles

Anyone know anything about Nina Dobrev's part? She tweeted that she's packing (I guess to go do TVD promo) so she's not filming. Small part I guess. Or she's coming back or something. Just interested. (:

#109767 Contraception/Sex Ed.

Posted by azileea on 18 May 2011 - 10:30 AM in Religious Resource Forum

Sex ed didn't come until later but I think it's important to know how the body works first!

This.

#106771 Contraception/Sex Ed.

Posted by azileea on 11 May 2011 - 07:59 PM in Religious Resource Forum

Thanks for your answers! They were really interesting. (:

At the age of 8? Wow that's so young.

Yeah I know! But we weren't taught much. Just the basics about how the sperm fertilizes the egg. (I remember drawing a picture about the egg and the little fellows. xD)The more detailed and anatomical stuff came later.

#106765 Tom's Photography

Posted by azileea on 11 May 2011 - 07:51 PM in Visual Art

Posted Image

I can't stop staring at its eye. xD Hypnotising! Love the colours.

#106211 The 90's Topic

Posted by azileea on 11 May 2011 - 03:37 PM in General Chat

Tamagotchis anyone?

Oh yeah. I had two, a turkey/chicken/whatever one and a turtle. I accidentally made the first one ran away from home and I was bummed.

#106203 Emma Watson Perks of Being a Wallflower

Posted by azileea on 11 May 2011 - 03:28 PM in Emma's Movie Roles

Nina Dobrev is in this? O:

Yeah I didn't know either before her tweet. I was a bit surprised.

#106200 Contraception/Sex Ed.

Posted by azileea on 11 May 2011 - 03:25 PM in Religious Resource Forum

I think it would be interesting to hear what kind of sex education people have received since we come from so many countries (and beliefs). (:

I'm sure things have changed and developed since I was at school (I'm 23 now) but I'll tell what was going on then. We (I'm from Finland) learned about conception in second grade (when we were 8 years old). Then about puberty in fourth and fifth grades (10 & 11 years old). In secondary school / junior high we continued learning about puberty. Then we were also educated about different STDs and contraceptions. Themes were also discussed at meetings with the school nurse. In upper secondary school / high school there was some sex ed and each student were given a condom.

Generally I'm happy about the sex ed we were given at school. Maybe in high school there could've been a bit more of it.

Interesting topic nonetheless. I would also like to hear from those who don't think it's appropriate for schools to give sex education. There are so many opinions and views! Religion being only one of them.

#101381 The Ron and Hermione Thread

Posted by azileea on 02 May 2011 - 04:03 PM in Shipper Forum

Even I who has just one poster on her wall (that of Lion King =P) would buy that as a poster. ♥

#101246 The Ron and Hermione Thread

Posted by azileea on 02 May 2011 - 12:52 PM in Shipper Forum

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't wait to post this!!!  :wub:
Posted Image

I just had to quote this, too. I love it. Ron's face. ♥ Hermione's hands. Everything.

#101245 The Rupert Grint Thread

Posted by azileea on 02 May 2011 - 12:46 PM in Harry Potter

Holy smoke! He is in my country.

And my neighboring country. So close. xD

#101244 Osama bin Laden Dead?

Posted by azileea on 02 May 2011 - 12:45 PM in Current Events and Topical discussion

But to be honest I find it a bit disturbing how people celebrate like it's new year. I mean somebody got killed, is that a reason to party? Doesn't matter who he is.

I agree.