#1 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

So, National Novel Writing Month started today. Anyone here who competes. Sadly I had to decline this year. I'm in the middle of moving and that takes too much of my time to concentrate on writing a 50,000 word story. But I still find it a shame :(

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#2 Antares

Antares

• Moderators
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

National? Which nation? And you're supposed to write a novel in a month? :huh:
Wisdom is the ability to cope.
Michael Ramsey

#3 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Mood::Drunk and Happy ^.^
  • LocationSea World, I hang with Shamu

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:46 AM

AN AMERICAN NATION!!!! (kudos to anyone who gets the reference)

It doesn't have to be a full on novel, it could be a really bad draft, as long as you hit the word quota. I heard about this but given I have to write an essay every weekend on top of massive amounts of reading and that's all before the short stories I have to write for my other classes, and I think it's safe to say I don't have the time to try it this month.

I encourage others to try it out if they have the time though. You probably won't create the next best selling novel, but if you get a decent draft that you can go back and edit occasionally it's definitely worth it.

#4 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

I heard about this's too.

Too bad neither of you could enter!! I considered it for like a minute but I have never written anything that long and I swamped with work. One of my professors was trying to convince me too but didn't happen. Oh well. Always next year ay?

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#5 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

Yeah a better name would be InNoWriMo but that does not sound as catchy I guess :P

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#6 NeverShoutNever

NeverShoutNever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPodunk, Arkansas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Considering it, but my muse seems to be really flighty and I'm not sure I would reach the quota. I always forget about it until someone brings it up./: I should have started brainstorming, and bringing ideas together months ago, but I'ma failure. xD
I've never done it before, but I know a lot of people who have and I don't think I have the patience it takes to do that. ><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users