Photo

What to eat when you're not hungry AT ALL?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bright_Star

Bright_Star

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi everyone, I have a problem...I was sick last Monday night (threw up once and was in bed on Tuesday), but picked up my normal rhythm from Wednesday on...the problem is that ever since, my appetite has vanished. I usually have a good one, but I've really eaten very few since Tuesday. I have a friend coming over for dinner tonight and I really don't know what to serve since I don't feel like eating anything...what to do?

Edited by Bright_Star, 22 March 2012 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

Credits to Jade for my avatar and BoMa for my sig! <3

#2 CRAPMUFFIN

CRAPMUFFIN

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hmm, that's tricky. Maybe you can cook something for your friend and then have something lighter for yourself? If you just explain I don't think she'll mind. Or maybe you can try to cook something that you really really like, then it might be easier to get it down? :P Don't worry about it it will be alright. :)

Posted Image

#3 Hogwarts Lover

Hogwarts Lover

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Mood::In love with Harry,Ron,Hermione and Yanni Voices
  • LocationHagrid's hut

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

In my case, if sth like that happened for me, I would cook sth delicious for my guest, and for myself sth simple to have this ability to eat! :yesyes:

Posted Image

Made by me! ;)

#4 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

This actually happens to me a lot. I never really have an appetite for anything, I just feel hungry. I stick to salads or lighter foods. Grilled chicken salad to trick myself intro eating something more substantial.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#5 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

There's nothing wrong with this I don't know why your worried? When I've had a bug and been sick. It takes me 2 weeks to get into a normal eating pattern. The thought of eating usually makes me physically sick if I force it before then. I don't really know what to say as I don't see the problem myself.

As for the meal:
Just cook something small and not too big for you or them. If you can't manage anything just make sure there's at least a little protein in there. A bit of meat etc. (If your a veggie maybe not.) But seriously, don't be too worried about not eating. They should understand. You will pick up eating again when your body is ready.

If it's a problem because even though you're not hungry you feel weak. I know they aren't meant to be a substitute but try taking supplements aka vitamins and minerals. Drinking healthy juice and most likely try snacking even if you don't feel like it.

I hope I helped in some way. >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users