The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I just got out of the cinema (Feb 18, 2011 aka public premiere) and decided to make a thread for the film. I found that it was very well-done, and Liam Neeson did an amazing job as Martin Harris. I would also give the story an A+, despite the similarities from previous films.

I would rate the film a solid 9 out of 10.

What about you? Did you like it? Would you recommend it to someone else?

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely would not say it's solely like Taken. However, the story is similar to the movie Frantic, or Bourne Conspiracy.

A critic called it "Taken (meaning the action) meets the Bourne Conspiracy (meaning the story)." <--- This is very accurate at how the movie is.

^That's what I said. It seems you never read any of my posts.

Hmm, that's a pretty harsh statement. In fact, I actually did read your post, and all the other ones that you said I did not. Taken is about a father trying to get his daughter back from France. Unknown is about a man trying to find his true identity. I saw both movies twice, and the two (Unknown and Taken) were not similar in story whatsoever.

It's not a knockoff of Taken. It's not a knockoff of Bourne Conspiracy. It is, however, similar to them in action and story (respectively). That's why I posted the quote.

Hmm, that's a pretty harsh statement. In fact, I actually did read your post, and all the other ones that you said I did not. Taken is about a father trying to get his daughter back from France. Unknown is about a man trying to find his true identity. I saw both movies twice, and the two (Unknown and Taken) were not similar in story whatsoever.

It's not a knockoff of Taken. It's not a knockoff of Bourne Conspiracy. It is, however, similar to them in action and story (respectively). That's why I posted the quote.

No it's not harsh. Because if i'm being honest i'm fed up of you critasising me then apologising for it after.

I know the story is not alike I HAVE watched them. I meant they are simular. As in the movie type is simular, god dammit.

First of all, I wasn't criticizing you. You posted a comment in a thread I started, and I was commenting on your comment by simply saying that it wasn't a knockoff of Taken. Now, when I see "knockoff" I think of a complete copy of something.

It looks like a knock off from his other movies, spesh Taken.

Now you're backtracking and saying that they are similar.

I know the story is not alike I HAVE watched them. I meant they are simular

You posted that you believed Unknown was a knockoff of Taken. Now you're saying that the two are not alike, but similar.

Knock it off you two. You are both good posters and you shouldn't stoop to this. Me on the other hand...

I think her statement of you never reading her posts came more from a place of frustration or sadness rather than anger. But the Internet is an odd place and without voices to hear one another's intonation these situations can be misread. And thus escalate, which is I think what happened here.

Neither of you wants this - so let's stop before either one of you says something you're gonna regret.

Now hug and tell each other you're still friends.