The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Say you're a young wizard or witch in need of some extra cash during the breaks at Hogwarts, and assuming the Wizarding World is not too strict with working papers for early teenagers, what shop from Diagon Alley would you MOST like to work in and why?

It's a tough choice for me between two places. Flourish and Blott's: because I love to read and I think it would be fun to look through books at slow times. Also, perhaps it would be a fine place to meet a nerdy/pretty young witch! ;) Maybe Hermione had a cousin we never read about? :rolleye0012::happydance:

The other place is a bit more indulgent perhaps.... Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. :drool: This would be especially attractive if they let me have the occasional free icecream. It might not be too lucrative though, as I may eat more than my share and have to have my wages garnished a bit to compensate. >.<

So many of the places seem really cool, but I DID say the one people would MOST like to work in. So I guess I'll have to leave it at that. My fianl choice would be Flourish and Blott's I think. :unsure:

Why do I always have to place limits and make people choose when I think of these things? :P

Hands down ollivanders. I would love the excitement of seeing these kids get their wands for the first time. For many of them it is their first experience with magic. I love that. Also, you learn a lot about a kid. It would be interesting to try and predict what they would be like when they are older. Also maybe Flourish and Blotts too see all the interesting books. Maybe with Fred and George because I love them haha. Well I guess really just George.... :(

So,e of the places seemed awesome at first to me. Then I realized a lot of them are like stores we have today and I wouldn't want to work there haha. So that kind of narrowed it down. For example, Madam Malkines is really just a clothing store. Wouldn't want to work in you. quidditch supplies is like any sporting good store so that doesn't interest me much except that its quidditch. I wouldn't want to work in a pet shop. It's funny when you realize that soe things are so normal.

• 1 month later...