The Emma-Watson.net Forum

General Fashion Discussion

So here we can chat about general fashion problems, fashion emergancies and of course the much needed fashion advice :D

Chat awaaaaay.

UPDATE:

All thanks to you all, we have won the best member run forum.

Edited by Imagine
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to a formal christmas party with my job on december 4th, and i'm really excited :D

bought a dress today i'm thinking of wearing, but i need some help (accesories & hair) :)

when it comes to accesories.. i wish i was better at it :P

how too sure how i want to style my hair either,

so any input would be highly appreciated :))

first off.... Gorgeous dress!!!!

I would say simple earrings.. probably studs. From what I can tell the ones you have in look great!!! Either a big ring or a bracelet. You can probably do both as long as only one is big and they are on separate arms. No necklace!! I know in the pic your hair is probably just messy but I actually rather like how it looks with the dress. I would say something up like that. A little messy to give it some edge. Also, you have gorgeous eyes!!! lol

If you want, I would be more then happy to post some pics of what I am thinking.

ooooo lovely dress Cath,

Personally because its a one strapper, id have the hair up or half up.

Also with a bag, perhaps get a clutch. Something that could make a statement, because your dress is one colour, you dont want to have the clutch as one colour.

Something perhaps along these lines?

Shoes- Still dark but with a statement to match the clutch?

Cute silver headband and bangles to match bag and shoes

ooooo lovely dress Cath,

Also with a bag, perhaps get a clutch. Something that could make a statement, because your dress is one colour, you dont want to have the clutch as one colour.

OOOOhhhh I love that!!! Every girl needs a little sparkle!!!

I would say even go for a color with shoes. Like red or dark blue/purple. A little pop.

first off.... Gorgeous dress!!!!

I would say simple earrings.. probably studs. From what I can tell the ones you have in look great!!! Either a big ring or a bracelet. You can probably do both as long as only one is big and they are on separate arms. No necklace!! I know in the pic your hair is probably just messy but I actually rather like how it looks with the dress. I would say something up like that. A little messy to give it some edge. Also, you have gorgeous eyes!!! lol

If you want, I would be more then happy to post some pics of what I am thinking.

thank you, id love to see some pictures :)

this definitely helps me!

ooooo lovely dress Cath,

oo i love what you posted, thanks :D

is it all from asos? looove the headband and bangles..and the clutch <3 , i might get something like that :) gorgeous shoes, but i can't walk in heels that highh :( lol

Okay here are some pictures. These are just basic ideas of what I imagine lol

or

But that's not to be warn together. If you want to wear a ring and a bracelet. Wear a big awesome ring and a simple bracelet (either silver or gold in color... depends on weather the ring band is silver or gold).

Sorry for the double post but they wouldn't let me post all the pics lol

Shoes:

If you just want to do black... thats fine but I think if you do black it should sparkle or have some cute detail

but I would love to see a pop of color:

You don't have to wear heels. Especially not ones these high lol. I just wanted to show you the colors and details.

I hope this helps!!!

I agree with everything above said, no necklace, and updo, bracelet and ring, a clutch and color shoes would look awesome. ;)

Can I ask something? Not fashion emergency but still need help. I recently got a pair of black over-the-knee socks because I've always loved how they look (a bit of my japan/korean fan side ;P) and I wanted a pair of my own. But now I'm having a bit of a problem on how to style them, I probably need to buy new clothes lol Since I go to school by bus (and walk around 15min to get to the bus stop), how would you style them for a no-high-heels casual look? I probably need new shoes too, any ideas on what should I buy?

Any pair of flat boots would work. But they must be tall. If you wear ankle boots or any short boots with high socks it will make you look very choppy. Flats for sure work also... good way to have a pop of color!!!

I have seen tweed or wool shorts done a lot with high socks. I am personally not a fan of that look. I would suggest a skirt. Something that hits about 2-4 inches above your knee:

As for tops anything can really go. The same is also pretty much true for shoes... besides short boots lol. I can't think of anything else that would look bad.

^ I agree. I have been a majour rocker/emo for 4 years. 3 months ago I changed into indie/urban. Right now i'm loosing fashion sence intirely, now the cold season is coming in, I don't care what I wear. I would really love some fashion advice.

^ I agree. I have been a majour rocker/emo for 4 years. 3 months ago I changed into indie/urban. Right now i'm loosing fashion sence intirely, now the cold season is coming in, I don't care what I wear. I would really love some fashion advice.

I guess I can say the same thing, but I didn't really have a particular style, I just had no money for new clothes so I had been wearing everything that I've owned over the past few years and haven't gotten anything new, most of which I try my best to avoid wearing. I'm still not too sure what my style would be, hmmmm.

oo lets all go shopping together. thatd be so great.

That's an awesome idea haha. One day we should all post sites to shop on and have a big shopping spree here in the fashion forum ;) Give each other advice and suggestions, you know.

i Any questions or advice you need... i'm your girl!!!

I have a weakness for fashion. I keep up with all the latest trends. I am obsessed with designer clothes. I have always dreamed about being a stylist. This is my favorite thread on the boards. I love sitting and thinking about these dilemmas lol. So anything you girls need... ASK ME!!! lol

Ok Arie, what would you say are wardrobe must haves?

Must haves are anything basic that you will wear with anything and all the time. Every person is different.

My must haves include:

1. a purse that can hold all my stuff and match everything. Something I can spend good money on because I will use it for years.

2. Basic jewelry that matches everything, but is also sentimental. (I wear a my grandmothers ring, a bracelet with a charm from my uncle and Bf, and a ring from my mum everyday).

3. I live in heels. Every girl should own a great pair of heels that she feel comfortable in.

4. A WOW dress. You never know when a moment to shine is going to come up. Every girl should have that one dress hanging in her closet that she can't wait to rock.

5. An expensive pair of jeans. I have a million pairs of jeans. They where always ripping or stretching out. They never fit right and were not comfortable. Finally, I splurged. Now, I own two pairs of jeans that fit me perfectly and I can wear everyday. Buying cheap jeans every few months adds up to an amazing pair of jeans.

6. Sweaters. They look great with everything. 'nuff said lol

7. A few versatile stylish tops. Something that fits you perfectly and can be worn with everything. I never wear just a t-shirt.

8. Flat leather (or pleather.. doesn't matter) boots.

9. A black pencil skirt.

10. A pea coat. (I love colored pea coats like dark green or purple)

I guess those are my basic must haves. I literally could go on for hours though lol.

Thanks for the must haves! I agree on the sweaters, I loooove sweaters.

My style is pretty much changing and I dress as I feel, which is cool because I don't get bored :P I'm not that good with accesories, though, and that's something I need to change, especially when I shop, good accesories can make an outfit look much better.

Right now I don't own many new things as I usually have enough money once a year but I used my Christmas money this year for another thing :( Still I always try to mix it up and not wearing a same outfit (unless I really really like it.)

Edited by Luna Ann Potter