The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Malfoy Manor

Prior to Deathly Hallows Part 1 would you liked to have seen Malfoy Manor?

It's been described as a "handsome manor house" surrounded by elaborate gardens, including a fountain and roving white peacocks, and enclosed by wrought-iron gates that permit select individuals to pass through them as if they were smoke. The interior is described as "sumptuously decorated" and includes ornate furniture, marble fireplaces, and gilt mirrors. It has a large entrance hallway with portraits lining the walls and a stone floor mostly covered by a magnificent carpet."

Also, do you think Draco continued to live there after Wizarding War II? He would have tragic memories, so I'm not sure myself.

Here's a picture of it's previous (not so evil) state and current.

Edited by padfoot

I would have liked it to explore the house more and grounds, but beggars can't be choosers. Would have been nice to see it in life.

As for Draco, I imagine not. He prbably went and brought his own house. (:

I liked to see the Malfoy Manor. It fits to the Hp - architecture. It´s always different to the books, but i think they made a good job. Only one think is sad, i wanted to see a white Peacock.

In my opinion Draco will still live in the Malfoy Manor. Generations of Malfoys had lived there. Why should he go? Because of the bad memories? Then Hogwarts had to be burned down for centuries, or?

I liked to see the Malfoy Manor. It fits to the Hp - architecture. It´s always different to the books, but i think they made a good job. Only one think is sad, i wanted to see a white Peacock.

In my opinion Draco will still live in the Malfoy Manor. Generations of Malfoys had lived there. Why should he go? Because of the bad memories? Then Hogwarts had to be burned down for centuries, or?

I wanted to see one too ^_^

Yeah but he's not as strong as Lucius from what I've seen, he has more of a heart >.< So that's what makes me wonder if he really does stay there, I mean Hermione got tortured there, people were imprisoned, someone got killed right infront of his eyes... I know if I was in his shoes I'd run a mile :P

Yes, he has a bigger heart then Lucius, but the things that happened in such Manors ages ago, as example murdered brothers or sisters, fathers and mothers, are more terrible than the things what happened in the near past.

You can say who you will know that family members are murdered there? This House is old, i think it has stand there in the Medieval and ins such times, things like that happened in noble Families and the Malfoys are a noble Family of the wizard world, if you take the purely blood seriously.

The question now is, if Draco knows it?

Because of the position Draco always wanted to take, i´m sure he knows a bit of it.

So why should he still live in the House?

Because of his Position. The atmosphere who is in this house will help him keep his noble status, he still wants. Or didn´t he married Pansy Parkinson?