The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I'M Writing A Book

I know you have all these questions on why I'm doing this, but let me try to answer them as fast as possible. Also, if you never heard of the screenplay, then head on over here:

Why are you writing a book to go along with the screenplay?

I'm writing this to try and appeal to a larger audience. Screenplays are hard to read sometimes, and can lose a lot of its meaning since the writer shouldn't go into extreme detail. In a novel, however, the writer can paint a picture that can only be seen through the form of literature. So, all in all, the reason why I want to write this book is so you can see what is in my mind, and hopefully understand what the movie is about.

"...what the movie is about." Will you just tell us already!!!!

Fine:

The story is about a man named James Myer *yada yada yada* he meets a girl *yada yada yada* they grow to love each other *yada yada yada* The End

How can you already be thinking of a novel when the script isn't even complete yet?

Something doesn't have to be written down to be complete. I'm sitting at my desk with 100-or-so pages of screenplay in my head. This is from beginning to end. I pretty much call that "the hard part complete."

So, you want us to read this AND the script?

I would appreciate it, but it's entirely up to you. At least read one, however. I want your opinions.

How many things are you juggling?

Four: school work, the screenplay, the book, and the iOS applications

How long will the chapters be?

It all depends, but the first one below is only a page and a half. It will expand in the future, but for now it will suffice.

I had trouble finding the updates in the screenplay topic

Just look for this:

UPDATE

Is the book still based on the screenplay?

The book is based on the entire screenplay. James Myer is still James Myer. Emma Reid is still Emma Reid. My mental map is on the same course for the book (that sounded really cheesy)

Any other questions ask me in this thread.

----------

Here is Chapter 1. Again, use these early drafts as a way to understand the screenplay, and nothing more (for now).

Enjoy

• 12 years later...