The Emma-Watson.net Forum

UK DH2 press conference

Live feed from the conference transcript (Its a large transcript so I'm posting it as spoiler): (Emma's parts are in bold.

Live-feed from the conference

Dan's message for press: thank you very much for interviewing me over past 10 years. hope i've said at least somewhat interesting things to you. come interview me for future films!

5:48

video interview of Dan ends. he'll be at uk premiere.

5:48

David yates: "great privilege to work with worlds best cast and world's best story." he's going to miss the people involved

5:49

"we'll keep something unique between all of us and we'll enjoy it for many years"

5:49

Rupert on not returning to set anymore: haven't come to terms with it. he's felt a bit lost without it. not knowing what to do with himself.

5:50

emma: so used to having gaps between films, after this last film ended she started getting an itch like "ok i'm ready to go back now" and then i realized i wasn't. that was the moment i came to terms. it's difficult to process.

5:51

yates: made peace with fact the films haven't won oscars.

5:51

yates describes fans waiting for tomorrow's premiere as a "mini glastonbury" (music festival). that's lot of compensation instead of trophies.

5:52

question: which film provided rupert/emma with biggest turning point in child to adult?

5:53

rupert: for me it was the last two films (part 1 and 2). part 1 was where i.. ron has always been quite complicated. in part 1 he's got a much more insecure paranoia and jealousy to portray. t here two films were most interesting for Ron. in previous films ron's been a loyal, scare-dy cat.

5:53

emma: last two films, emma found herself doing something she's never done in her life. example: had no idea what it's like to be tortured, or playing a hermione 20 years older.. what'd it be like to say bye to her children. found herself in positions she couldn't imagine herself being in.

5:54

emma: also physically.. huge amounts of stunts of running around. big learning curve.

emma: fans seem to think they're true to the books. there's no better reward than that.

question for robbie. he's caught off guard cause he can't see the speaker. funny moment.

5:55

what will he most about being hagrid: great thing about playing hagrid is he's a very good man. first time he's ever played a really good man. i've played gangsters, prostitutes, transvestites. first time i played man thoroughly good.

5:56

coltrane: really enjoyed every minute. we were having a minute about school being out. school's out, that's funny, we can do what we like. but then again.. school's out, the fun (the films) is over.

5:56

question for emma: compare the kisses between ron and harry. and would you like to have kissed tom felton. media laughs.

5:57

emma: this is really difficult. i need to be diplomatic. well dan isn't here so it makes it slightly easier. kissing harry for that scene.. it was a figment of ron's imagination so the kiss had to be passionate. i was half naked and covered in silver paint so that was pretty awkward.

5:58

kissing rupert was also awkward. we had just been soaked by a giant bucked of water. we had to pretend it wasn't coming. both dan and rupert were complete gentleman. *sighs* it's hard to put our personal history to one side. i don't think they don't mind me saying.. kissing gets quite boring if you do it multiple times.

jason reminds emma: and tom? emma: no, i don't think i would. my 12 year old self yes. 21 year old self.. no.

(that was jason isaacs)

6:00

question for emma: how much pressure is it being a role model for so many children?

6:01

i think hermione is such an incredible young woman. growing up alongside her definitely pushed me and i think she made me a better person and she made me work harder.

6:01

she continues: i feel so privileged to play her. in terms of a role model, "the cleanest way to live as a human and artist to be true to yourself" was said to me by someone important to me. i was try to do that first and foremost.

6:02

they're about to ask a question to everyone: favorite line? this is gonna be hard to transcribe

nick moran: hello beautiful

warwick davis: winggardium leviosa!

warwick: i often hold charms classes for children

6:03

tena: don't call me nymphadora

david thewlis: i don't remember anything i've said. one word: riddickulus. and boggart.

david barron: well this shouldn't be too difficult (producer)

evanna: all luna's lines are winners. "you're just as sane as i am"

6:04

isaacs: my favorite line is one of daniel's. he said to chris columbus, i'd really love an exit line. didn't tell daniel. "let us hope mr potter will always be around to save the day." dan: "don't worry, i will be"... that was off the cuff.

6:04

helen mccrory: in DH part 2: moment she stands up and says "dead"

6:05

tom felton: "my father will hear about this!"

ralph fiennes: I can touch you now (he plays voldemort) crowd laughs

emma: i'm going to bed before either of you come up with another idea or wose expelled. she recited it as if she was in the film.

6:06

rupert remembers that moment. "she needs to sort out her priorities" audience laughs. i say "bloody" a lot.

yates reminds him: how about "that's my girlfriend you numb tease" (in part 2)

julie walters: not my daughter you bitch! audience laughs, applauds.

"i didn't believe mrs weasley would say it!"

robbie coltrane: you're harry potter.. your'e the one who got away from.. you know who.

6:07

my second favorite was in a bond movie. "can't you just say hello like anybody else"

michael gambon: i hardly knew my lines in the film anyway. the ones i did remember, you'll see tomorrow.. when i appear as a ghost: "harry," i felt like crying

AWWWW

matt lewis: how do i follow that? in movie 2, when he's hanging from light: "why is it always me?

6:08

bonnie: "good luck" to harry in movie 1 on train platform.

james phelps: in first movie "honestly woman you call yourself our mother?"

second one: mischief managed

oliver phelps: deathly hallows part 1 when harry and ginny were just kissing, george creeps behind and says "... morning.."

domhnhall gleeson: "mad eye's dead"

6:09

new question: how was it to work with eduardo (director of photography)

yates: first film has lots of blue, second film has a lot of rich fire.. very grainy. apocalyptic.

yates: he was always delightful to have around.

6:10

q to jason, robbie, and michael: how has being involved in these films helped your established careers?

6:11

jason isaacs: it always upsets me when someone calls it a franchise. this isn't that. this is one story that's taken 10 years to tell. i just know i've loved doing every second of it. can't imagine my career without it. i normally don't care what happens after i do my job. but i love doing everything with harry potter.

6:11

it's like asking me what would have i done if i wasn't an actor?

robbie coltrane: i've just been filming 10 days and nights with lots of smoke to make it look like it was shot in 1958. if i sound slightly sexy, you know why. (laughs). it really pisses me off when it's called a franchise.as far as my careers concerned, i got to play a really nice man. most of us who've been involved are very emotionally tied into it. on a personal level it's been wonderful. if you look at a list of who's been involved.. it's been an extraordinary collection of people

6:13

michael gambon: i'm so happy to have been offered a part. been involved for 7 years, can't believe it. i'm very grateful. they also give you time off to make other films which is remarkable.

6:13

coltrane and gam bon very appreciative of having time off to film other projects

6:14

question for evanna: luna is such a well loved stand out character, how does it feel to leave her behind? what is your plan now?

6:14

evanna: i really so lucky to have played luna. always my favorite character. she's a really good role model. she's perfect but she's not trying to be perfect.

6:15

evanna: i'm distraught that this is over. apparently they're opening a harry potter experience where leaves den studios is. i'm free as a tour guide.

6:15

question to ralph fiennes: do people tell you they hate you on the street?

6:16

fiennes: had a letter the other day that said he was shocked at the narcissism as voldemort. mostly i don't get recognized because my nose isn't in the film. but it has been a wonderful part to play. great high def villain.

question for warwick: what's it like to play grip hook and flit wick?

it was a pleasure.. felt a bit greedy playing the two parts. never played both in the same day.

6:17

if you're just joining us.. scroll way up in this live feed for some pictures for the press conference!

6:17

question for emma: what was the best memory you've liked to take away? what was most challenging thing? what's hermione mean to you?

6:18

best memory: when helena bonham carter was torturing me. we had so much fun. really enjoyed working with her.

6:19

most challenging: i was lucky in a way because the last two films were really challenging. particularly with the last one i was so emotional anyway because of it ending. the film deals with loss. i was going through my own grieving. saying goodbye to dan/harry.. it was mirror imaging. it allowed me to bring my feelings to the role.

6:20

what does hermione mean to me: what doesn't she mean to me? she's been my sister. she feels so real to me. i will miss being her. getting to come into work everyday and be this girl that lives in this magical amazing world. that part is quite devastating. i'll miss wandering around stuart craig's sets.

6:20

mugglenet note: i think ralph fiennes is falling asleep

6:21

question for james and oliver phelps: who joked around more on set? oliver: james did. oliver: we do like to have a joke. playing these characters has something to do with it. rupert is involved in the jokes too. james: we're always lucky to have done a joke and then blame it on practicing for our roles. everyone on the cast pulled at least one pratical joke. especially michael gam bon. michael gam bon: he's telling lies.

yates; many reasons these movies are so successful. it's because of the books. the collection of characters. jo has given us so many characters that are so vivid that there characters for everyone to connect to.

6:22

yates: there's some very universal storytelling themes. fight against good and evil, power of love and faith. feeling of loss. death is a big feature in the movies too. talking about youtube documentary called "life in a day". he spoke to director of film and director said death was one of the biggest themes in the doc. just like potter. people are really interested in death.

6:23

yates: will there be a prequel: jo has such an extraordinary imagination, she must. if she writes more, the world will be happy to consumed and read. but, there are a time and a place for certain stories and experiences. Potter is set in a unique period of time. i'td be a shame to try and recreate them.

6:23

translation: we're not doing another Potter film.

6:24

robbie: harry and the organic bread factory (joking about future potter books by jo)

6:24

question for tom: best and worst part of working on Potter? tom felton: best thing is the opportunity to work with all these people. it feels like a mini family.. excuse the cliche but it's true.

6:25

tom felton: the worst thing: dying my hair blonde. it built some super human resistance but it seems to have survived 6 and 7 years of dying hair.

robbie: there are websites devoted to how gorgeous you are, tom. David Heyman to Robbie Coltrane: you obviously spend a lot of time looking at those websites.

tom felton: best thing is the opportunity to work with all these people. it feels like a mini family.. excuse the cliche but it's true.

tom felton: the worst thing: dying my hair blonde. it built some super human resistance but it seems to have survived 6 and 7 years of dying hair.

robbie: there are websites devoted to how gorgeous you are, tom. David Heyman to Robbie Coltrane: you obviously spend a lot of time looking at those websites.

6:26

question for Yates, Heyman, Barron: how can british film franchise capitalize on the success of Potter?

6:27

barron: i honestly don't know. we left a mark on the british special effects industry from the second film onwards. it's stayed in england and they're staying in the future. we've also left behind Leavesden Studios.. warner brothers has bought it and will renovate it. it will hopefully be there for a very long time.

david yates: the remarkable thing heyman and jo did was say this WILL stay in britain.

6:28

yates: stuart craig's art department has brought on many of young trainees. it's in all of our interests to find the next saga. it'll be hard to follow power of potter. believe you me, there's no shortage of people looking for the next one.

6:29

heyman: combination of quality of people and the tax break means that the UK is a fantastic place to be. filmmakers and studios will continue to make films in this country. in terms of what we generate ourselves.. lightning doesn't strike twice. it works because it's cultural specific but thematically universal.

6:29

*culturally Ralph Fiennes is actually close to sleeping. (mugglenet note)

6:30

question for everyone: favorite costume

6:30

nick moran: it was the leather jacket and having a holster with a wand in it. that was pretty cool. warwick davis: definitely having the wand really. it's something that became special.

6:31

the question is actually favorite prop/costume.. sorry about that.

6:31

natalia tena: my broom. it's like the wand.. it's specific to you.

6:32

david thewlis: for me, the prisoner of azkaban.. i fold up maurader's map.. it's folded up by a series of many tiny threads. the genius of designing that.. how it folded up so it folds up like magic by pulling little threads. it's great.

david barron (Producer): i was in a portrait, i ahd a costume. it was lovely.

evanna: the lion hat. best thing about playing luna is... when you play her, you wear clothes no one else would wear.

jason isaacs: i would have said the wand but it feels unoriginal. i had a wand inside a cane in my first scene.. which was cut, of course. i smack tom hard on the knuckles with it. it did some damage on poor tom. he thought i was acting so he resisted complaining. it was the beginning of a torturous relationship between draco/lucius

6:34

favorite thing, though, is wig. instant character created.favorite thing, though, is wig. instant character created.

6:34

helen mccrory: i've only got one part. favorite thing is tiny little models of the sets. the details was incredible. you can look in windows in the models. they were the most extraordinary world created in this art department.

6:35

tom felton: i'd like to confirm, jason, you were heavy handed with the wand when you slapped me. i really like my suit. draco's not one for casual dressing, he seemed to be in a black suit 24/7. first suit that ever fit me.

matt lewis: can i interrupt? i really need the bathroom. my favorite item is sword of gryffindor.. be right back!

rupert grint does the same. flying car! runs off to bathroom. everyone laughs.

6:36

heyman: if i could take one thing away it would be the time turner.

6:36

barron: you actually did (joking?).

heyman: there are people here from warner brothers, david.

ralph fiennes: my costume. underneath i started wearing tights. made it difficult to walk. eventually i said to my dresser, you're gonna have to cut these tights. had a garter belt on each leg.

6:37

(mugglenet note: i'm not following totally what he said unfortunately but everyone was laughing)

emma watson: i really would love to own a pensive. the idea to be able to walk around in other people's memories.. the tool is incredible and would be for the world as a whole. to walk around in hitler's childhood to see who he is..

6:38

david yates: i would take hermione's bag (coltrane) laughs. coltrane: you're coming out now david.

yates: i'm traveling with my wife an di have so much luggage. i'd put it all into hermione's bag and it'd make it so much easier.

update: rupert and matt have returned from the bathroom

6:39

julie walter: loved her padding for costume. made her look great.

6:40

robbie coltrane: in first film.. the pink umbrella, which audrey hepburn could've been carrying. i didn't see it for years until we were in new york and i saw it in the HP exhibition.

6:40

michael gambon: i had a bag i made myself to keep my cigarettes and lighter in under the cloak. also i had my white beard. i would eat for lunch, i couldn't take off the beard. i would feed chips into the beard to annoy the make up department.

6:41

robbie: the other thing you did was you parked your cadillac outside my trailer so i couldn't open the door.

6:41

matt lewis: i apologize for my bathroom break. my favorite thing was sword of gryfindor. because it's neville really. he wondered why he was in gryfindor from the beginning, but only a true gryffindor could pull it out.

6:42

bonnie wright: tom riddle's diary

james phelps: as many props as were in the wheezes shop, my favorite prop was the died ginger hair for 10 years. got me really into the character. oliver phelps: my wand.

domhnall gleeson: i'd like mrs weasley's body suit as well. i'm not telling you why.

6:43

question for david yates: you worked closely with JKR on this film. how much did she actually participate? would you consider her a future film producer?

6:44

david yates (director): she's a great partner. she signs off the screenplay. if she has any issues she tells us. and then she's always there on the telephone if we need her. it's perfect for us because she's so supportive but not territorial in the sense that we make changes and she understands why.

she's not always hands on or around on set. we'll see her usually at the beginning and end of the filmmaking process.

note: time for 2 more questions.

6:45

robbie: she said i was the only guy who could play hagrid. i phoned her up.. we were on the phone for 4 hours telling me all about hagrid. she could be on the phone for four hours talking about any character.

6:46

question for ralph fiennes: as an actor, how long do you have to practice using a magic wand that it can look sexy, different, and cool?

ralph (voldemort): i'm delighted you think so. we had wand lessons, didn't we michael gam bon? michael: we did.

ralph: a dancer was brought in to teach us different wand action.

michael gambon: mine were a bit more camp than yours. i've been outed.

6:47

ralph fiennes: when i first got involved i asked about creating a hook on my wand so it could rest on my hand which i quite liked.

6:47

question again for ralph: when you're creating the ultimate movie villain, how do you strike the balance between not too frightening but frightening enough to make an impact?

6:48

fiennes: i rely on a great director. seriously, you want to find the balance of an inner life. i have to say working with mike newell and then david yates.. they were great, they helped me find the balance. people say it's frightening. if that's the case it should be.

Post more when you find them. :D

source (photos)

Edited by Surya

^Yeah they're standing next to each other, like co-stars do. And they're paired opposite each other; also, Dan wasn't there. Or are you talking about the way Rupert's standing, as in, his stance? Didn't get what you're trying to say. :lol:

--------------------------

As an after thought, I'm not really digging Rupert's hair. :mellow:

Edited by Surya

^ lol yeah, I kinda had a feeling you meant that, thats why I edited the post later, just to make sure. :lol:

Even I laughed at his stance. :D

Edited by Surya

Oh it makes sense, it's a beautiful newly renovated building right next to St Pancras... Thanks Dook!

Anyway, sorry for drifting off-topic, I just really like the architecture behind the cast :P