The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

I know I might be beating a dead horse asking this question on this forum but are there any recreational shooters here? Quite particularly target shooting.

As all know I am an avid gun enthusiast and would like to know if anyone else here is one as well.

Spoiler

A friend of mine recently bought a rifle and pistol for target shooting and got me interested again in the sport. Before I used to do modern pentathlon where one of the events was air pistol shooting. Once in a while my buddies and I will take a range day just to do skeet/trap shooting with their shotguns. Most other times we just go to the range and shoot whatever we have for fun. I'm looking to get myself a .22lr target pistol in order to re-hone my marksmanship and for friendly competition with my friends. (I'm also considering on getting a bullseye style air pellet pistol as well for the same purpose)

So, any shooters here?
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#2 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

My older brother is real into it. From memory he has a
Tika .223
Reminton .22
Lee Enfield .303, Cut down, not full wood unfortunatley.
Reminton 870 12 gauge
Some random slug gun.

He does a decent amount of rabbit, possum and goat shooting. A little bit of Deer shooting.
I'm not so much a big fan of shooting animals, done a bit of rabbit shooting. But quite interested in target shooting.
I wasted him in clay bird shooting once, he couldn't believe it

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#3 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

I haven't really gotten into a lot of game hunting save for hog and rabbit hunting once in a while because everything else requires a license. I honestly don't want to spend the money on getting one. (Rabbit and hogs don't require one since they're regarded as pest species 'round here)

I have been bouncing around the idea of doing single or three-gun 'competitions' with some of my friends. Do some 'regulation' target shooting with .22 pistol and .22 rifle and then finishing off with skeet/trap shooting. I might as well just buy a shotgun too if no one in the group has one. The loser of the day buys drink for everyone haha.
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#4 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

What about tactical? Or tactical 'style' shooting?

I wouldn't really regard it as a sporting kind of shooting but still fun nonetheless. Kinda like doing the training mission in Modern Warfare / Battlefield games but... with guns and bullets.
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users