The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Warning: Spoilers will most likely crop up in this thread, so beware of reading past this post if you aren't caught up!

anyone else freakin adore Dexter as much as I do? I was introduced earlier this year and was instantly hooked and flew through the 4 seasons, and watched each ep of season 5 as they appeared online, as I don't have shotime. =(

Anyone read the books? I haven't, but I hear the show is actually a lot better (and that the first book is the only one that bears any semblance to the show's plot).

SPOILER warning! (of course)

I absolutley love Dexter as well! :ohyeah: Saw the first season 2,5 years ago and have watched the show fanatically since. I read the first book and the fourth I think... the books and series are very different, book-Dexter is not even nearly as human so it's a different kind of entertainment. Personally prefer the series which is just astoundingly good. Can't believe they still can bring so much quality after 5 seasons!

Loved the recent season with Lumen as such an interesting new character, very sorry to see her go and am incredibly excited about what will be given in the next season. :excited:

So what makes everyone else love Dexter?

I know it's insane that they still bring plots that make me squirm! Especially towards the end of season 4 OH MY GOD THAT ENDING. O_O

Lumen was really interesting, but I'm glad she went. I'd rather have something/someone else to keep things interesting in the coming season. But it was really interesting to see how Dexter responded to her. It was soo well done because when she came on to him, they presented it in a way that I honestly didn't know whether or not Dexter would go along with it. o.0

SO good.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not read a lot of what you said after spoiler warnings lol so can't give too detailed a reply.

But I love Dexter, have only seen bits of the first two series though so I'm extremely behind, although me and my boyfriend are starting to catch up on DVD now. Haven't read the books either but my friend has just bought the omnibus (with the first 3) so especially after hearing its not as good as the show I'll wait till she's finished and borrow it from her.

I know it's insane that they still bring plots that make me squirm! Especially towards the end of season 4 OH MY GOD THAT ENDING. O_O

Lumen was really interesting, but I'm glad she went. I'd rather have something/someone else to keep things interesting in the coming season. But it was really interesting to see how Dexter responded to her. It was soo well done because when she came on to him, they presented it in a way that I honestly didn't know whether or not Dexter would go along with it. o.0

SO good.

The plots make you almost more than squirm! :lostit: Sometimes I'll have to pause while watching and just take a few breaths because my heart is racing! ^_^ No movie or other show has ever done that to me before, but I think it's because you are so invested in the characters. Especially Dexter and Deborah. I mean wow the finale... phew

I've not read a lot of what you said after spoiler warnings lol so can't give too detailed a reply.

But I love Dexter, have only seen bits of the first two series though so I'm extremely behind, although me and my boyfriend are starting to catch up on DVD now. Haven't read the books either but my friend has just bought the omnibus (with the first 3) so especially after hearing its not as good as the show I'll wait till she's finished and borrow it from her.

To wait with the books really doesn't matter, you will enjoy the show and/or the books no matter which one you start with. Because it's not like with other shows turned into books (if you ask me) where the story-change is negative. With Dexter, it's the character that's different so it's all about what you want from him. Do you want him to be completely in-human or do you want the fine line that divides him from being human/in-human. :) Show-Dexter is so much more intriguing when you actually don't know what you'll get from him. While in the book you know exactly who he is and he's a much more set character. Hope I'm not too confusing! ^_^ Enjoy the show with your boyfriend!

^^Not confusing no :) I get what you mean. We are enjoying very much as well thank you, I was really disappointed when we didn't have time for one last night lol.

I like it when shows are different to the book actually, I'm reading the true blood at the moment and I like not knowing what is happening as the show didn't follow the same story.

^^Not confusing no :) I get what you mean. We are enjoying very much as well thank you, I was really disappointed when we didn't have time for one last night lol.

I like it when shows are different to the book actually, I'm reading the true blood at the moment and I like not knowing what is happening as the show didn't follow the same story.

Awesome! You guys have some great seasons to look forward to :D

• 1 month later...