The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hp Wizarding World Rumours

Screamscape and mugglenet have shared a new rumour.

Diagon Alley and Gringotts to be built, open in 2013?

Universal Orlando is planning on expanding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. It has been a huge success and they want to keep the buzz going. Not to mention they're contractually obligated to update it every couple years.

Screamscape reports there are physical survey markings appearing behind-the-scenes in The Lost Continent area as Universal attempts to map out Phase 2 of their Wizarding World project (Phase 1 being what is currently open).

Additionally, the rumors they've received suggest Universal is hoping to add a Diagon Alley area in 2013 featuring a Gringotts ride that will take over the area currently occupied by Poseidon's Fury.

Why does a Gringotts ride seem like the logical choice? An article from the Orlando Sentinel in December reveals Universal's contract with Warner Brothers states they must "incorporate elements from the final Potter films". Remember that still from Part 2 where we see characters riding on a cart in Gringotts? And that dragon breaking in? Screams ride to us!

Of course, it's important to remember these are all just rumors and Universal's plans could be completely different. We're excited for an expansion as much as everyone else, so we can't help but share.

Have you heard any recent rumours for the theme park? Think they might be true?

For those who have already visited it, do you love it how it is or would you like to return and see these too? :o I think these would be awesome. It might be a looong time before I see it though -_-

Edited by padfoot

I've heard these rumours before. i think Mugglenet, or Leaky has posted this too. But they also posted that it was unconfirmed. I guess they, like all theme parks needs to expand and HP got loads of stuff so I thin k they will, maybe not this year, it does sound a bit too soon.

Gods, I wanna go so bad, and I will! :yesyes: . But 2011 is reseved for summer 2011 in England, the finale HP premiere!!

Isn't there already a Diagon Alley? There's been pictures of it all over the net? So that part must be false. As for the Gringotts, well I will just be hopefull to seeing that.

It's Diagon Ally mixed with Hogsmede.

There's Zonko's, Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, Hog's Head and Ollivanders all in one street :P

(Plus there are stuff like "Dogweed and Deathcap", "Gladrags Wizardwear", "Spintwitches" and a few others, but you can't actually go in there. You can only see the (AMAZING) design of the store through the window. :) )