The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Romeo And Juliet

There are many adaptation of this screenplay. I have to say I love the old version, the modern one and of course, Gnomeo and Juliet. But, all are a lot different from the screenplay. I love the languag used in the screenplay it's so capturing.

What do you think?

Haven't gotten around to reading this one even though I've read many other of Shakespear's plays... but I really love the movie from 1997 with Lenoardo Di Caprio and Claire Danes. I remember seeing it when I was quite young (around 10-11) and have loved it since. Very beautiful adaption.

Also I've seen the play on one of the big theaters here in Sweden, it was very touching actually seeing it happen in front of you!

I will be reading it in English after Night. So, in about 1-3 weeks. I'm looking forward to it, though.

I hope you enjoy it. (:

Haven't gotten around to reading this one even though I've read many other of Shakespear's plays... but I really love the movie from 1997 with Lenoardo Di Caprio and Claire Danes. I remember seeing it when I was quite young (around 10-11) and have loved it since. Very beautiful adaption.

Also I've seen the play on one of the big theaters here in Sweden, it was very touching actually seeing it happen in front of you!

Yeah it is amazing, I must admit.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably one of my least favourite Shakespeare tragedies, because the two lead characters annoy the hell out of me. Having said that, any Shakespeare is pretty damned good and I certainly don't dislike it :)

o deary me. xD

• 6 months later...

I read the original play for my English literature list...I love Shakespeare, and I adore R&J. It's the most amazing love story of all time, if you ask me :). I even know the prologue and epilogue by heart...the English is so beautiful, and so is the story...truly remarkable :). I love Luhrmann's adaptation too, it's great how he put it in a modern era and still used the original texts.

• 2 months later...

Personally, I don't really like Romeo and Juliet. I love the way it's written and the over-all sense of the story, but the ending ruins it for me. The whole story is based around two love-struck teens who let their hormones get the best of them. I don't think true love is killing yourself because the other is dead. That's just my opinion on it. I know my Literature teacher had the same commentary on it because she thought it set a bad example for some certain impressionable students. That being said, I don't dislike the story, I just prefer Shakespeare's other works.

• 1 year later...

I read the original play for my English literature list...I love Shakespeare, and I adore R&J. It's the most amazing love story of all time, if you ask me smile.gif. I even know the prologue and epilogue by heart...the English is so beautiful, and so is the story...truly remarkable smile.gif. I love Luhrmann's adaptation too, it's great how he put it in a modern era and still used the original texts.

I love Shakespeare, too the words he use are so nice and he had used the time to get them right so you can right them down so easily. And i can the Prologue by memory, ok most of it^^

I think it is timeless, because the Feelings are true and i think the end is making it even better. Because it shows that these passion can bring you down to the Bottom. It may not be "Real" Love, it may be they just wanted to bed each other... no there was more in it. They had there night. They are a kind of obsessed. And what is "real" Love? Love is as colorful as live.

And one last thing, the end is better than the one in Ovids - Pyramus and Thisbe, if some have read it. But of course this is the Mother of Juliet and her Romeo.

(some more thing, have you ever noticed the names history? There are old, both. Romeo from Rom the City of the World and Juliet from the gens Julia, a famous gen because Caesar and the first Emperors was from this gens.)