First, I must say this : when I look at a painting, I admit I'm absolutely not able to judge the technic, to speak about the colors, the shapes... What I mean is that I like it for the entire impression I get, or I don't like it, but it's only about impression, not analysis, so it's very subjective.
But anyway, that doesn't forbid me to loooove art
I love classical paintings that are not Italians, mostly. I'm sorry but I just can't deal with religious subjects. Here are some painting I damire (I saw them in the Louvre in Paris) :
- La Jeune Martyr by Paul Delaroche
- Pendemonuim by John Martin
- By Biard : Magdalena Bay
I also mike very much Modern Art (not contemporary), such as :
- Kandinsky (to me his work is full of joy)
- Georges Braque (he did, for some paintings, as well as Picasso, but I actually don't like Picasso at all)
- Simon Hantaï (with a A !) :
Here it is, and I can add so many other peace of work !
If you have anything to share, i'd love to see =)