The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New Website Design? Layout.

Layout.  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whose up for a new layout/design on Emma Watson.net?!?!?!

I love it, but I think it's def. time to change it. We've stared at it all year long. The past webmistress, Jo, used to change it every month. =/ I miss that....

whose up for a change?

Edited by Rathbone*Grint

see look, they have this on the website...

http://emma-watson.net/site/layouts.php

but then the links dont work!!!!! :(

Yeah, I've been meaning to change that page to "Past Layouts". I switched the site to a different news system and the method I was using to change layouts won't work.

Problem is, I have no iea how to take this idea up to the webmasters. lol. uh... anyone fill me in?

:mellow:

Problem is, I have no iea how to take this idea up to the webmasters. lol. uh... anyone fill me in?

:mellow:

Priceless :P.

well i just dont know who to contact....

:unsure::mellow::(:sob::o:mellow:

I am the webmaster.

I don't think Jo ever changed it every month. And I wouldn't want to. That would be too much work, and having a consistent look gives the site an identity. Think of mugglenet. They had the same design for years, just making small changes to the graphics over time. Then they made a big change and now I hardly ever go there for some reason.

However, the site has had the same graphic for a long time, and Emma keeps changing, so it wouldn't hurt to update it. I would like to come up with a simple design, simple in the sense that I could change the look just by changing an image and some colors choices, and not redoing all the code and css. Something simple, but something that still looks good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have been trying to contact the dude for years...it's impossible to get hold of him...he refuses to read the forums too. :P

Yeah, I have been trying to contact the dude for years...it's impossible to get hold of him...he refuses to read the forums too. :P

:rolleye:

Isn' the main site in Wordpress? couldnt you just install a new theme? or are you looking for a specifically made theme?

It does use wordpress. And yes, it's just installing a new theme. But there aren't any Emma Watson themes to download, or if there are I wouldn't want it. It should be unique to the site, so yes, a specifically made theme.

Surely you could find a simple, unprotected theme and go in the settings and edit the code. Or even still find a theme with an editible header. or install some plugins that edit the header.

I will have a look round and if i find any good examples i will let you know !

Edited by i love emma