#1 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

I recently downloaded it and the forum is totally messed on it. A black box keep glitching and then it messes the layout of them forum up when it disappears.

Anyone help?

EDIT: I can't get the black box it glitches way to quick for me. But he's a picture of part of the messed up layout.
Posted Image

Edited by Hermione, 07 November 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#2 Tom™

Tom™

Power Poster

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Use another browser

helpful I know lol

bfs2eq.jpg

#3 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I have chromium, which is chrome without the google privacy issues, and it doesn't have any problems with the layout. It's possible chrome broke something in the latest version.

#4 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

I've always been using google chrome and the forum always looks good, the same as in any other browser :/

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#5 relevancy

relevancy

Power Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts
  • Mood::wanderlust
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

I don't know but it looks fine on my browser maybe check the settings?

"It's better to say too much,  then never to say what you need to say again. " - John Mayer

351eofb.jpg

siggy and avi made by me || visit my showcase for more! || current status: inactive

#6 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

I really only changed to Firefox because Chrome had problems on here. I had the same thing and I couldn't multiquote.
I'm not sure of a fix other than Firefox.

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#7 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, I think chrome has javascript problems.

Jade, you could try the IP.Board skin and see if that helps. Change skins, clear your cache and reload the site.

#8 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

rather than create a new thread for it I figured I'd ask here... (for curiosity's sake)

When the Bing and Google Bots are viewing threads, are they taking material from those threads and giving access to them through their search engines?

Or is there presence entirely unrelated to that?

I always kind of wondered about this.  >.<

Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#9 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Yes, those are search engine spiders crawling through the forum. I don't particularly like the idea, but then, that is how some people find the forums. In fact, that is how I first found the EWnet forums, through google.

Just to be clear, they only see what "guests" are allowed to see, so nothing in the restricted forums, or PM system, or anything else that requires a login.

#10 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thank you for the prompt answer and explanation dook, I was always a bit curious about that.  I can understand the aversion to having the bots... is there no way for you to get rid of them? If there is not (which I imagine it must be tough or impossible to do seeing as you have not done so already) , hopefully the benefit of site advertisement to people interested in joining or reading the posts out weighs any draw backs.  >.<

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead, 05 September 2013 - 04:37 AM.

Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#11 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Excluding well behaved bots, like Googlebot, is quite simple. You just place rules that describe what they are allowed to crawl in a text file named robots.txt. The bot reads the file before it crawls the site. There are bots that ignore the rules, and to stop them would require setting the forum so that no guest browsing is allowed.

I do think the benefits outweight the negative aspects. I would guess many of the members found their way here through google, just as I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users