The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Christmas, NYE and resolutions

Christmas is coming up quick, so why not make a topic now?

Do you have plans for Christmas/New Years? What are your New Years resolutions? Have you done your Christmas shopping yet and what would you like for Christmas?

For Christmas Day, we're doing the usual big family barbecue/lunch, probably at my house. For New Years I'm going camping for a few days (we'll see how that goes, I'm not much of a camper haha) at this beachy place called Goat Island, with concerts, snorkeling etc, should be fun. Oh and I did my Christmas shopping a few months back (call me crazy...) but still got a couple of things to buy.

Well in Sweden we celebrate on Christmas eve and not Christmas day. Don't ask me why. But last year we had my grandparents over for christmas lunch. We had a MASSIVE Christmas tree (which was a first) we never have a tree but last year was our first christmas in this apartment and since we have such a tall ceiling my parents figures...why not. We also went to church which is a family tradition. It just was a great christmas really.

This year however my family and I will be spending christmas in India. A family friend is getting married and since the wedding is so close to christmas (december 21st) we will be spending both x-mas and new years in India. X-mas I don't mind. In fact I think it's going to be nice to escape the cold for a bit. But new years..Now that I'm older it's become a tradition for me to celebrate new years with friends and my bf. I won't be able to do that this year which kinda sucks :P

As for resolutions. I'm going to become a more organised person. I HAVE to make time to clean my room more often. And I want to make it a point to do EVERYTHING on my to-do list for everyday. I also want to start practice driving. I could have started at 16 and had my license at 18. I am now 19 and haven't even sent in my application. So that is a MUST.

Haha, sorry for the long post :P

And no I haven't done any x-mas shopping. But we're gonna be away anyways :P

I just want to be at home for Christmas. I've been away all year at uni and I just want to be with my family this year.

Our Christmas's have never been big ones, seeing as we aren't the richest family ever. Normally just a big lunch and small dinner with the relatives.

NYE this year is probably going to be the same as they always are for me. Nothing, hang out with a few mates and not get drunk. NYE isn't that special to me.

Resolution would I guess be to crack the TV industry, as I studied it this year. Real keen on making a band too :P

For Christmas Day, we're doing the usual big family barbecue/lunch, probably at my house. For New Years I'm going camping for a few days (we'll see how that goes, I'm not much of a camper haha) at this beachy place called Goat Island, with concerts, snorkeling etc, should be fun. Oh and I did my Christmas shopping a few months back (call me crazy...) but still got a couple of things to buy.

Are you serious?

I've been to Goat Island SO many times! Our friends had a beach house in Omaha and we'd go a few times every year, and we always went to Goat Island! There used to be a fallen tree there that we took our photo on every year. There is like 5 years worth! haha

Awesome place

I love Christmas, got all my shopping done now except for a few bits for Mack and Ash, me and Mack are going with nursery on the 1st December to go see santa that will be fun. Also going to a panto the weekend before Christmas, going with my mum, her partner, my brother, ash, mack, my auntie, my cousin and my nanna, hopefully we'll go out for a meal beforehand and make a nice afternoon of it :)

My mum is taking Mack to have breakfast with santa the day before Christmas eve. Christmas day itself is going to be really busy, we'll spend the morning at home just me ash and Mack and then going to my mums to have dinner, after dinner we'll be going to my Aunties house where my other Auntie, nanna and Uncle and kids will be there, so going to be packed. Will be lovely to see everyone though.

New years I have no plans yet, don't think we'll have a babysitter so will either be just us in the house or might have a few friends over, or if someone does something where Mack can go then we'll do that. I'm not a big new years person anyway, places get too packed for my liking

Well nothihng new for Christmas, Church in the morning then spending time with family and friends, exchanging gifts-even though i won't be buying a lot this year, i have no money at all :( - and then a big family dinner at night, as usual :D

Same thing pretty much for New Years, after the family dinner i usually go out with friends until the morning. As for New Years resolutions the only one i have is to work out on a daily basis and eat healthier, and idk drink less coffee :P

Christmas I Am not sure yet!! i wanna be with someone really special but :sob: anyways

I think WE are doing A Christmas Play!!

For New years eve every year we have a Memorial for my sister that died on New Years!! I am probably going stay up all night and Watch The Ball Drop in New York :D(not going to new york but I wish :( )

Resolutions

1.Keeping up the Relationship with My bf

2.Work On My Grammar!!.

3.Being More Positive In STatuions and Not Negative!!

4, Loosing weight and being Healthier so i can Live longer!

Well I don't celebrate Christmas obviously. But, this years Channukah overlaps with Christmas so that's kind of cool!! We will all have our holidays on the same day!!

Channukah is 8 days so we always get a present on each night. I am so excited to see what I got!

I have only done a little bit of shopping. I am planning to do most of it on Black Friday. I am going to order most stuff online. I have so many cousins so its going to be insane!!!

Oh also I will be in Israel for it so thats super exciting. Israel is so much fun around the holidays! Its cool because a lot of Christians come for Christmas too. So you get to see all the different religions and cultures.

I have a lot of different things planned for my vacation and the holidays! I can't wait!

i am mega hyped about Christmas this year, not usually this excited, probably got something to do with the fact that i will be 13 on Christmas Day, so i get twice as many presents than my brother (always loved that) :P

going to a party at the local social club on new years eve, got to dress up as something beginning with P, so i'll go as a police officer, i have a genuine cap from an ex firearms officer i know, so i'll wear that and see if i can obtain some body armour and a fake gun..

resolutions: NONE!

Edited by DeltaFoxtrotLima

i am mega hyped about Christmas this year, not usually this excited, probably got something to do with the fact that i will be 13 on Christmas Day, so i get twice as many presents than my brother (always loved that) :P

lol.. :rofl: Merry Christmas and a happy birthday in advance sweety!

Well nothihng new for Christmas, Church in the morning then spending time with family and friends, exchanging gifts-even though i won't be buying a lot this year, i have no money at all :( - and then a big family dinner at night, as usual :D

Same thing pretty much for New Years, after the family dinner i usually go out with friends until the morning. As for New Years resolutions the only one i have is to work out on a daily basis and eat healthier, and idk drink less coffee :P

pretty much the same thing here... hopefully something unusual will happen..something good of course.. :)

Do you have plans for Christmas/New Years? What are your New Years resolutions? Have you done your Christmas shopping yet and what would you like for Christmas?

I'll just do what I normally do every Christmas; spending time with my friends and family. Haven't done any Christmas shopping (yet), but my friends and family always insist they don't need anything. I'll probably just give them all gift cards because I am baaaaad with gifts, haha. =/

As for New Years resolution, I'll probably just change my diet and start working out. I'll admit I've been eating very unhealthy, but that's because I'm a compulsive eater and the slightest stress will drive me off the edge.

Maybe even try meeting new people in hopes of getting into a relationship. It's not like I'm getting any younger.