The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well one question that was asked rather often was if there was a reason why she started to follow Aronofsky on Twitter, so maybe she'll shed some light on this soon

Ya know she is going after rather unique roles and I love it.

Exactly. I like it how she always picks the roles she finds interesting and she's having a great time :D I'm trying to picture her in that role. I hope it's true!

I know what ya mean! :) I am really excited to seeing her trying different roles-I also love the fact that you can tell she is thinking about the quality of the movie/role. Emma is a hot commodity name and I am pretty sure is being offered a ton of roles. But she is not going to do movies for the sake of doing movies (good choice Emma!! :))...but like she has also said before in the past, she doesnt have to work ever again. She chooses to and that is just awesome. We love Emma and want her to continue her acting career (same as Rupert, whom I love just as much :)).

This is just a really good move on her part-it is different, it will have an all star cast, and it is something we have not seen in awhile movies wise-last Biblical story was what Passion of Christ? So that will be cool! GO EMMA!!!! :)

No word from her yet, but I really hope she does this movie. It looks like its gonna be really great!!

I feel like Passion of the Christ was the most recent "big" biblical movie. There have probably been ones on a smaller scale.

No word from her yet, but I really hope she does this movie. It looks like its gonna be really great!!

I feel like Passion of the Christ was the most recent "big" biblical movie. There have probably been ones on a smaller scale.

yes but it was very hardcore, know what I mean? Not many people can actually watch that one, I personally loved

the Romanian actress Maia Morgenstern playing Mary, but still. This movie would be more accessible, it's just

how I see it, who knows?

I'm just wondering if it's going to be a Bible-adhering fairy tale or aiming for historical accuracy, i.e. the displacement of a small farming community by a minor, localized flood, say in Armenia or the Black Sea region.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't so sure of this thinking of biblical movies of old. However....I found out about this "Noe" Noah and it's not your momma's bible story. Check out Noah the graphic novel...It's written in French, so I can't understand a word of it. But I got the gist and it looks "Amazing". Picture Barbarians ruling a world plauged by draught,famin, and ruled by sinful murdering men. The ppl that are so bad that God's ready to get rid of them save for one and his family to carry on the human race. Noe. Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I so hope this movie is gonna be R or at least a strong PG-13. It's gonna be savage and I can't wait to see Emma in it. Peace! :)

I wasn't so sure of this thinking of biblical movies of old. However....I found out about this "Noe" Noah and it's not your momma's bible story. Check out Noah the graphic novel...It's written in French, so I can't understand a word of it. But I got the gist and it looks "Amazing". Picture Barbarians ruling a world plauged by draught,famin, and ruled by sinful murdering men. The ppl that are so bad that God's ready to get rid of them save for one and his family to carry on the human race. Noe. Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I so hope this movie is gonna be R or at least a strong PG-13. It's gonna be savage and I can't wait to see Emma in it. Peace! :)

agreeeeeed! can't wait, so many good things in the pipeline, I don't know where I'm going to get the patience....

Where did you get this information?

Thanks. Not exactly what I hoped for, but better than a classical Bible pic. It could easily end up being super cheesy, but let's not be pessimistic

Darren Aronofsky is not really known for making "cheesey" films, more 'dark' and 'twisted' I would say.

Obviously it remains to be seen what the end product will look like, but I for one am excited. I wasn't at all excited about Gladiator when I saw the trailer for that, but having watched the movie - i love it.

From Russell Crowe's point, lets hope it's more Gladiator and less Robin Hood :)