#364 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,261 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Best buy, target, walmart. Pretty much any place you can buy movies at!

If you live in America you can rent it from red box or Netflix as well!

#365 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

I saw the movie in theaters, but I'm not going to buy the dvd because I don't mind never seing the movie ever again x) 

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#366 Junkie.

Junkie.

Power Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

I saw the movie in theaters, but I'm not going to buy the dvd because I don't mind never seing the movie ever again x) 

why? :)

#367 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

why? :)

Well I did not really like it that much ! I don't think it's a bad movie, just not a movie a really enjoyed. i enjoyed emma's performance, but I'm not into the story (too religious for me), the characters, the special effects... 

be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#368 Junkie.

Junkie.

Power Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,356 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Well I did not really like it that much ! I don't think it's a bad movie, just not a movie a really enjoyed. i enjoyed emma's performance, but I'm not into the story (too religious for me), the characters, the special effects... 

thanks for explaining .))

#369 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

the performances, characters and special effects/visual effects are what pulls a film together and what makes it worthwhile.

Edited by Elena, 15 August 2014 - 12:10 PM.

sw70v4.jpg

#370 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

I found it to be an amazing plot- what was cool was that there is not much at all in the Bible about Noah's Ark so you kind of have to use your imagination :) plus EMMA AND JENNIFER CONNELLY- were AWESOME-these 2 ladies bring mega emotion and a real passion to their roles as Ila and Naameh. The effects were unreal. The men were also wonderful- RC owned Noah...AH I loved and LL his turn as Ham very emotional.

Worth seeing and worth buying! :)
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#371 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,261 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I found it to be an amazing plot- what was cool was that there is not much at all in the Bible about Noah's Ark so you kind of have to use your imagination :) plus EMMA AND JENNIFER CONNELLY- were AWESOME-these 2 ladies bring mega emotion and a real passion to their roles as Ila and Naameh. The effects were unreal. The men were also wonderful- RC owned Noah...AH I loved and LL his turn as Ham very emotional.

Worth seeing and worth buying! :)

Agreed!

#372 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

the performances, characters and special effects/visual effects are what pulls a film together and what makes it worthwhile.

A month later, I was still thinking of you and your interesting response Elena ! 

You see, I actually see what you mean, and understand it. But as I agree that a good movie is the mix of many things (it's the good characters + the good script + the good special effects + ...), there are times when I saw movies with a character well played, but for example a story i didn't like. 

For example, in 'War of the worlds' with Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise, I didn't like the movie at all, the story, and I hated Tom Cruise's performance, the fact that everyone yells in this film... But I truly enjoyed Dakota Fanning, I thought that as a kid she was convincing, I remember thinking 'wow this kid is great'.

So you see, there are times when you can separate the director's choices about the whole finished product, and each piece of the movie taken out one by one.

Like, in HP 3 PoA : I HATED as everyone to see Dumbledore RUNNING to see what was happening with the Fat Lady's painting. I remember reading an interview of the actor saying : 'Alfonso told me 'no Dumbledor doesn't run' and I said 'Well, now he runs'.'  And I though 'WHAT THE HELL, you messed up a great character because you didn't read the books !!!!' 

Well, in this movie, I hated how Dumbldore was played, but I actually love the movie because of the colorful environment, the details with all the animals, etc...

be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#373 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,261 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

Noah had a nomination at the golden globes tonight. I think it was for best soundtrack. Sadly it didn't win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users