#221 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,667 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:02 AM

I think everyone is still affected by Nazis. We learn it in history and it's painful to read and hear about.

We shouldn't judge the film until we see it, that's just my opinion.

sig.png

set by me

youtube | tumblr | showcase

#222 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

ditto

sig by ashley

9.png

#223 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Ashley, I watch the show Hunting Hitler and it is beyond crazy to think he escaped.

I watched Anne Frank doc the other day and to this day it still sickens, disgusts, angers me that this event ever happened.

Emma I feel with Daniel Bruhl is going to blow everyone away. We need it here soon!!!!!!

It will be 75th anniversary next yr that our country (USA) entered the war against those horrific people aka the Nazis.

Btw it's interesting to note that Rupert Grint just completed a project relating to the Nazis ( believe he plays the friend to a young Hitler). Nazi subject will never go away, we all in our world need to make sure never to repeat history.

Edited by cbmac12, 19 December 2015 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#224 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,667 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:35 AM

Ashley, I watch the show Hunting Hitler and it is beyond crazy to think he escaped.

I watched Anne Frank doc the other day and to this day it still sickens, disgusts, angers me that this event ever happened.

Emma I feel with Daniel Bruhl is going to blow everyone away. We need it here soon!!!!!!

It will be 75th anniversary next yr that our country (USA) entered the war against those horrific people aka the Nazis.

Btw it's interesting to note that Rupert Grint just completed a project relating to the Nazis ( believe he plays the friend to a young Hitler). Nazi subject will never go away, we all in our world need to make sure never to repeat history.

Exactly! It was a very big and important part of history, and to my understanding, there are still trying to put away nazi's in prison. I watched a documentary months ago about it, but I dunno how old it was.

But yeah it's crazy to think that hitler could have snuck away, which in some stuff I've read or watched concerning the conspiracy theory, I can't help but think it makes sense!

And yeah I believe that's who Rupert plays! Didn't know he finished filming already! I hope it comes out in the US. It seems as though I can never get to see any of his work because it's not available in the US. Still waiting for cherrybomb haha

sig.png

set by me

#225 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:38 PM

1353_425496530975666_4437566243654780577

https://www.youtube....h?v=m7Zvy86jnpA

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#226 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,667 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:00 AM

Her eyes look so beautiful in that pic!

sig.png

set by me

#227 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

^_^  I think they are rather more intense than beautiful. I feel like saying "Uhm, no, I didn't do anything ?!" when I see that look.

#228 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

Yeah Ashley, it is crazy!!! Growing up in the 90's I remember theories about Hitler had escaped. This was a demon/devil reincarnated and I truly believe nothing was going to stop him from trying to reclaim power.

This movie just looks incredible!!!!

Yeah I know!! I haven't seen Rupert's movies here either- my state does not show them >:( I have seen Driving Lessons though. But that's it. I am waitin for CBGB to come to my cable.

Anywho INTENSE yet beautiful are those eyes :) she looks intense and determined. The trailer has be begging for it to be opened here!!!

Merry Christmas all of my peeps here!! :)
Posted Image

#229 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

IN ENGLISH  :excited:

be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#230 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:10 PM

<3

sig by ashley

9.png

#231 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:06 AM

Y E S FREAKIN YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been DYING to see this in English....this looks intense- now that I could hear it in English, it gets me even more excited!!!!! :) thank you Thess!!!
Posted Image

#232 Junkie.

Junkie.

Power Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

Oh my, I cannot wait to see this movie!!!

#233 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:27 AM

The days are slowly dwindling to the premiere!!!! I am dying to see this!!!! I feel like this is an edge of your seat kind of movie!!! Emma looks OUTSTANDING in this!!!!
Posted Image

#234 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:17 PM

For the French fans, the film is said to be in theaters on July the 20th!

http://www.allocine....ilm=231836.html

be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#235 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:47 PM

I was flipping thru my cable today- IT IS ON DEMAND!!!!!!! Will be watching today!!!!! Let y'all know tomorrow- need to grade papers (before I watch of course- gotta Bea good teacher eh ;)).
Posted Image

#236 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

I was flipping thru my cable today- IT IS ON DEMAND!!!!!!! Will be watching today!!!!! Let y'all know tomorrow- need to grade papers (before I watch of course- gotta Bea good teacher eh ;)).

tell me about it!

sig by ashley

9.png

#237 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hey :)
Yesterday I Saw Colonia. It debuted in France on July the 20th.

Honestly, it felt like Emma knows only one range of emotions... I don't know if she was directed like that or if it's just her acting skills. Of course during the movie she only has to show fear and determination, but I felt like I was getting more from the side actors than from Emma. When she wants to show fear she closes her face to make a serious look, that's not much for the viewers.
During the scene when he takes pictures in the streets while they escape (in the trailer), it's like she tries to stop him, but not really... she hesitates too much.

The movie felt quite long, sometimes scary because of what happened, but I didn't really connect with the caracters.

Also, I felt like the background of their love story was missing.

Edited by Thessalie, 27 July 2016 - 01:29 PM.

be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#238 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,667 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

^ that's interesting!

I forgot to post my feelings about Colonia. I watched it earlier this month and I LOVED it. I thought it was Emma's best work to date. I was just speechless by all the actors in the film.

sig.png

set by me

#239 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

Ok I FINALLY saw Colonia!!!!! I agree Ashley- I thought Emma was awesome with her role- her reactions were spot on-there were not many moments where she could do happiness :( it was a rough movie- hard to believe that this place let alone THAT MAN existed. It makes you feel sick.

Movie itself:
It was on the edge of your seat moments, had you shaking your head, had you want to look away many times. I wish there could have been more dialogue but this type of movie all you needed was actions.

Emma: her portrayal of Lena was superb!!!! She shows vulnerability, fear, sadness, shock, bravery so beautifully. You definitely root for Lena and Daniel. She is a character you just love and want to see make it out safely with her man in the end. I was really impressed with Emma in this, being her first true lead. It makes me that much more excited for The Circle (I hear it has a Brazil release November 10 which must mean a US release is SOON!!!!!!!) and BATB!!!!!!!!!!! :) she is such a likable actress with a lot of talent. I love movies where you see your favorite actress but also where you see quality. You see no signs of any of Emma's other movie roles-she is Lena the stewardess :)

Daniel: He was awesome!!!! He is so adorable...get ready to watch what happens.

I honestly watched it twice because there were some moments I had to look away. I would truly give it a 9/10.
Posted Image

#240 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,667 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

100% agree with you on everything!!! I still can't believe that place existed AND lasted as long as it did!!!! I still can't get over this movie!! I can't wait until I'm able to own it. It will def be a movie I watch over and over.
I def forgot I was watching Emma Watson because she truly became Lena! I'm just so proud of her!

sig.png

set by me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users