#1 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

They are a band I have been listening a lot to over the past few months and it is also interesting that Emma likes them as well.

Winter Winds is an awesome song. Does anyone else like them here?

#2 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

They were definitely a breath of fresh air when they released their album earlier this year. I like how chilled out they are. Where does Emma say she likes them?

#3 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

I take it their name comes from Sanford and Son. Yes, I know that the lead dude's name is Mumford but as none of the other members are his sons I take it that the name is a bit tongue in cheek.

All their songs sound the same. Although some of their slow songs sound a lot like Mazzy Star.

#4 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

They were definitely a breath of fresh air when they released their album earlier this year. I like how chilled out they are. Where does Emma say she likes them?

They certainly seem a little different to a lot of the bands that are out there at the moment.

Emma said that she likes them in the Buzz Magazine interview HERE

First question on the last column.. 'What music do you listen to' which Emma answers 'I like Seasick Steve, Mumford & Sons, Rihanna and Lady Gaga'.... a bit of a mix there.

I take it their name comes from Sanford and Son. Yes, I know that the lead dude's name is Mumford but as none of the other members are his sons I take it that the name is a bit tongue in cheek.

I think their name is just a play at family businesses... they sound like they could be an estate agents, or solicitors.

#5 jayhawk

jayhawk

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

I definitely like their music. I'll admit, though, the first time I heard them, I thought John Popper had a side project going. Then I started picking up the accent.
Mankind can be counted on to assert, with vigor, it's God given right to be stupid.

#6 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

I definitely like their music. I'll admit, though, the first time I heard them, I thought John Popper had a side project going. Then I started picking up the accent.

John Popper, hmmm...interesting. I can see that influence.

BTW jayhawk, are of the rock chalk variety of jayhawk or does your screen name come from something else?

#7 Invisible Katy

Invisible Katy

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

They're amazing. I don't generally listen to that type of music because their more "folk", but I absolutely love them. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users