The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I Just Had A Cool Idea...

This will probably win the most pointless and dumb topic of the year, but I just got a cool idea that may benefit anyone who plans on opening an Italian Restaurant. If I still have tour attention, then thanks :P

The Fontana di Trevi, or the Trevi Fountain, is located in Rome and is one of the most famous fountains in the world. What it is known for today is that if you throw money into it, then you will return to Rome. 4,000 Euros are thrown into it everyday.

Now, what I am getting at is if any of you become partners with the owner of an Italian restaurant, or grow to own one, what you can do is make a medium sized replica and place it somewhere appropriate. Let your guests subtly know that the fountain that they see is a replica of "that" fountain. Maybe put a little sign in front of it. Any money they throw into it you can donate to someone, just like the money in the money in the real fountain is used for.

I think it would be pretty cool, and put your shop "on the map." Not only would the fountain be very cool to see, but a good publicity stunt to get news reporters there and people talking. Of course, that all depends on how real it actually looks.

So, did I win the award? :lol:

Seriously? 4000 euros a day, I can't believe that someone wouldn't take some of that money out.

If fact, I thought you were going to suggest a business plan to do just that. Maybe build a machine that scourers the bottom to collect the coins. But anyway I guess not.

Edited by Unseeing Eye

I'd love to own an Italian restaurant, and that'd be a cool idea :P

Me too! I love Italian food and Italy's cultural.

Seriously? 4000 euros a day, I can't believe that someone wouldn't take some of that money out.

Trevi Fountain Wiki: .

An estimated 3,000 euros are thrown into the fountain each day.[10] The money has been used to subsidize a supermarket for Rome's needy.[10] However, there are regular attempts to steal coins from the fountain.[10][11][12]

Haha, sounds fun! And I love the Fontana di Trevi, been there last year, it's amazing <3.

Yeah, it looks beautiful in the pictures online. Lucky :puh:

-----EDIT-----

Did you throw money into it?

Edited by ckravitz