The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma At The Elle Style Awards

I think she could've been honest about not being familiar with Emma without being rude. In the biz it's called getting Big Timed. When a celeb feels they're too important to waste their time on you then they're Big Timing you. Journalist deal with this all the time from sports figures and celebs they have to interview or cover. It's just unfortunate that Emma being presented an award got big timed by the presenter. Sure she may be more well known in the fashion world than Emma but to the world at large Emma is by far more well known world wide than this lady. It just seems like an attempt to steal some of Emma's spotlight.

On the flip side, I can't see Emma ever Big Timing someone...even the smallest fan. I've read accounts from people who have met Emma or run into Emma in the most unlikely places and they all say how sweet and kind she is and how humble she is. This lady could learn a thing or two from the person she presented the award to. I hope Emma never becomes so jaded and loses this about herself. Other celebs should pattern themselves after Emma.

Yeah, I agree with this.

I think she could've been honest about not being familiar with Emma without being rude. In the biz it's called getting Big Timed. When a celeb feels they're too important to waste their time on you then they're Big Timing you.

Well... if Vivienne was trying to do that, she would'nt have been there to present the award, in the first place. But thats just my opinion.

---------------------------------

Anyway, I didn't think she was rude.She was probably just joking around. And the article that Luciana provided a link to says that Emma stuttered through her speech. Umm.... she didn't. She actually looked happy and thus, a bit overwhelmed.

Edited by Surya

Emma was laughing during Westwood's speech and didn't seemed to be bothered by it at all. Since she has said numerous times that she wanted to live a normal life and hoped she would meet people at Brown who did not read or watch Harry Potter and didn't know who she is. While this is a completely different scenario, I doubt Emma would be offended by someone not knowing her at all, even if it is Vivienne Westwood. I know nothing about Westwood, so I have no idea whether this was a snub or not, but if it was, it backfired horribly.

LOL most designers are eccentrics, some of them even don't know their fellows. I think Vivienne is just being honest and Emma seems not disturbed at all. She even said she would celebrate this award with her mom and Vivienne in the backstage interview. And despite knowing Emma just moments ago, Vivienne praised Emma being "lovely" so I don't think it's big at all.

I'm glad Emma handled the situation well, so sophisticated and confident, yet humble at the same time. Much better than BAFTA. Totally love it. And I bet Dame Vivienne Westwood will never forget her now :rofl:

Edited by shiningmoment

I agree. It didn't come across as a "snub" at all and they seemed to get along just fine. At least that is how I saw it.

Maybe you're right but it seems all the articles that I'm reading about the event describe it as a rude snub. And yeah Emma is gonna laugh it off because that's the person that she is. It's already an awkward situation so Emma's not gonna make more awkward by telling the lady off or calling her dick or something.

Maybe you're right but it seems all the articles that I'm reading about the event describe it as a rude snub.

Thats what online/tabloid articles do all the time... create stories out of nothing.

Am I the only one here who thinks Emma was actually aware of the fact that Westwood didn't know her and wasn't shocked about the speech? *haha* I mean as Westwood said, they had met some moments before and I don't think she turned up and pretended to know her then. So Emma was probably just glad Westwood turned up at all, even though she didn't know her.

Read some of the comments above yours... you aren't the only one... The whole incident was no big deal. Gossip sites and tabloids publish these kind of articles all the time.

Edited by Surya

Am I the only one here who thinks Emma was actually aware of the fact that Westwood didn't know her and wasn't shocked about the speech? *haha* I mean as Westwood said, they had met some moments before and I don't think she turned up and pretended to know her then. So Emma was probably just glad Westwood turned up at all, even though she didn't know her.

hopefully in a few more years, she'll be better known for her movies ( not named harry ) plus she will appear in us magazines, commercials as the new face of lancome :ohyeah: