The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Extreme Activities

I wasn't sure whether to start this topic in the sports forum or here, but I wouldn't classify this as a sport.

What are your take on extreme activities such as bungy jumping, canyoning and skydiving? Stupid or cool? Something you'd like to do or have done? Are there any other adventurous activities you've done or would like to do?

My own experience is with bungy jumping and skydiving. Both were awesome but I have to say bungy jumping was the best thing I have ever done and gave rushes like NOTHING else! If I could I'd do it all the time, unfortunately you can't do it in Sweden.

i'd do bungy jumping, skydiving, and everything as long as it doesnt involve sharks bwahahahaha

:lol: I know you and sharks, Ardi loool. You guys aren't the best of friends :D .

---

As for bungee jumping and sky diving, I'd wait another 15-20 years before I try a stunt like that. Honestly, yesterday was enough for me to get my rush :lol: .

As for canyoning, I am sort of really afraid of heights. Like, really really afraid. However, I did read an article the other day about a series of footpaths that connect through national parks in Europe called the "GR Footpaths". There is a footpath called the "GR20" which runs North to South (or vice versa) through Corsica. It's 180 kilometres (or 110 miles) and the North side involves a lot of scrambling and steep hills and sharp turns on cliffs and stuff.

It'd be a dream of mine to get a group of people and do the GR 20. I understand it's dangerous, but there is nothing like using your human energy to travel places and see the world on foot. There is nothing like it, and you don't get the well-feeling like that in a car or airplane (although you would obviously need to take one to get to another country :lol: ) while staring out the window.

It's why I do road cycling. I was an avid trail rider and mountain biker (though I never travelled far with my old, clunky mountain bike). I swtiched to road cycling two years ago when I bought my cross-trainer hybrid road bike, which can maneuver trails and roads. I love it, and as you said earlier extreme activities like that do give you a high.

Despite being grounded and off my bicycle for the next (-crosses fingers-) 4+ weeks, I don't think I can ever truly stay off of it for long. I hope this is the case. :yesyes:

Definitely base jumping and sky diving would be on my bucket list. Ahh nothing better than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane :D

I used to mountain bike and still do at times but just XC trails. I did downhill a couple times but only when I had my friend's DH bike that could actually survive the trip. I'd love to do some MTB-ing in the canyons of Arizona and New Mexico and maybe up in the Rockies.

Does paintball count? I used to do that and airsoft which we call mil-sim here since we are more into the combat simulation.

Hmm an extreme activity? Freakin' break the holy grail of speed, 200mph in a production car.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

i'd do bungy jumping, skydiving, and everything as long as it doesnt involve sharks bwahahahaha

Yeah sharks are unnecessary :) But I'd count shark diving as an extreme activity...

As for bungee jumping and sky diving, I'd wait another 15-20 years before I try a stunt like that. Honestly, yesterday was enough for me to get my rush :lol: .

As for canyoning, I am sort of really afraid of heights. Like, really really afraid. However, I did read an article the other day about a series of footpaths that connect through national parks in Europe called the "GR Footpaths". There is a footpath called the "GR20" which runs North to South (or vice versa) through Corsica. It's 180 kilometres (or 110 miles) and the North side involves a lot of scrambling and steep hills and sharp turns on cliffs and stuff.

It'd be a dream of mine to get a group of people and do the GR 20. I understand it's dangerous, but there is nothing like using your human energy to travel places and see the world on foot. There is nothing like it, and you don't get the well-feeling like that in a car or airplane (although you would obviously need to take one to get to another country :lol: ) while staring out the window.

It's why I do road cycling. I was an avid trail rider and mountain biker (though I never travelled far with my old, clunky mountain bike). I swtiched to road cycling two years ago when I bought my cross-trainer hybrid road bike, which can maneuver trails and roads. I love it, and as you said earlier extreme activities like that do give you a high.

Despite being grounded and off my bicycle for the next (-crosses fingers-) 4+ weeks, I don't think I can ever truly stay off of it for long. I hope this is the case. :yesyes:

Wait to do it? :) If opportunity to do it pops up I recommend you go for it!

That hike sounds awesome, I'd love to go hiking and camping with my friends too, it's just it'd probably cost a lot, and neither of us can read a map haha

Definitely base jumping and sky diving would be on my bucket list. Ahh nothing better than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane :D

I used to mountain bike and still do at times but just XC trails. I did downhill a couple times but only when I had my friend's DH bike that could actually survive the trip. I'd love to do some MTB-ing in the canyons of Arizona and New Mexico and maybe up in the Rockies.

Does paintball count? I used to do that and airsoft which we call mil-sim here since we are more into the combat simulation.

Hmm an extreme activity? Freakin' break the holy grail of speed, 200mph in a production car.

Base jumping seems awesome! :D But the thought of doing it on your own... *shiver* Really cool tho

Both were awesome but I have to say bungy jumping was the best thing I have ever done and gave rushes like NOTHING else! If I could I'd do it all the time, unfortunately you can't do it in Sweden.

Sounds great, I may just try it. Good thing I live in NZ :P

I would do some extreme activities eventually, probably when I'm forty or so or if I got divorced in the future. So I don't discount on bungee jumping or sky diving. I suppose I would do some extreme activities to cheer me up.

I've done skydiving, I can honestly say nothing compares to it. The whole experience is just brilliant. It's just a shame it costs a fair bit to do it.

It really is, wish it was possible to do more often... You did it in England?

Sounds great, I may just try it. Good thing I live in NZ :P

Yeah lucky bastard :P Haha, just promise you'll bungy in Queenstown! Or Auckland was a great experience too, took a bit longer so more time to get nervous... Skydiving would be awesome anywhere in NZ, so beautiful...

I would do some extreme activities eventually, probably when I'm forty or so or if I got divorced in the future. So I don't discount on bungee jumping or sky diving. I suppose I would do some extreme activities to cheer me up.

What's up with the waiting? :blink:

It really is, wish it was possible to do more often... You did it in England?

Nope, I did it in Cairns Australia. An absolutely amazing place! I think you can do it in England but there's not a lot of places that do it. I hope to do it again soon.

What's up with the waiting? :blink:

Well I'm too much of a coward now, I was thinking I may have a midlife crisis at 40 or if I were to get married and then divorced I would want to do something extreme to start off my new life without my husband and doing an extreme activity would be a nice way to celebrate singledom.