The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Uhm sorry but what's the actual point? I mean that's the Current Events forum for. Debates and serious discussions as politics :/ And there are also other sub forums as Travel and Vacations since you mentioned the 'which city is better' lol

Uhm sorry but what's the actual point? I mean that's the Current Events forum for. Debates and serious discussions as politics :/ And there are also other sub forums as Travel and Vacations since you mentioned the 'which city is better' lol

Yeah I agree. I don't really see the point either.

No offence. :P

I don't know if he is referring to making a Debate forum to explicitly talk about politics only, or even current events. It's true, though, that current events and politics and maybe the "Travel and Vacation Forum" may overlap under the category of Debate.

But, there are other topics, philosophical ideology, and established facts that can be debated as well. I dunno, I was always one for the par that debate strengthens critical thinking skills, appeals and persuasiveness, and general overall knowledge of broad areas that can be connected together.

It's a tough call.

My question is: Babba O'riley, have you contacted a Global Moderator about the goals of a new forum section or looked at the forum application section before posting this? Perhaps that would help. ^_^

But, there are other topics, philosophical ideology, and established facts that can be debated as well. I dunno, I was always one for the par that debate strengthens critical thinking skills, appeals and persuasiveness, and general overall knowledge of broad areas that can be connected together.

Philosophical related topics can be opened in the forum for serious conversations. I don't mind for this debate forum to open, i just don't understand the whole "debate" idea. Isn't a debate a serious discussion for any topic where people share their opinion on a subject and there are sides that show their arguements and all? Isn't that what we're doing in the Current Events and Topical Discussion? Anyways.

Edited by He is Not Purple

I agree with the others, what is the point? I feel we already have sections for this and to have a debate section, would more or less make it into an arguement section? :icontwisted8pz:

Philosophical related topics can be opened in the forum for serious conversations. I don't mind for this debate forum to open, i just don't understand the whole "debate" idea. Isn't a debate a serious discussion for any topic where people share their opinion on a subject and there are sides that show their arguements and all? Isn't that what we're doing in the Current Events and Topical Discussion? Anyways.

Hey, lol. I was only offering some ideas to what he may wanted as a debate forum, not what I necessarily believe. And you have strong points anyways. I was just wondering what he meant is all.

I also don't think we need a separate forum for debates. You can debate topics under the appropriate forum whether it's current events, music or computers.

So a mod can close it if they want...

I'll just close this then.