The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Happy Birthday Dad! :)

Okay, I know this topic is a little bit weird to place here, but our parents play such a formative part in many of our lives.

I love my father dearly and lost him 6 years ago now (August 17) to liver failure. This would have been his birthday and I just wanted to share what a wonderful person he was/and will always be in my life. I hope that you will all appreciate your parents in spite of the challenges and difficulties that often times pepper our relationships with them, for all of our time here is fleeting. My father is one of the most kind hearted and gentle people I've ever known in my life, and I hope that I am able to honour him in doing my best to display the patience, hard work and quality of character that he displayed as a roll model for me, my two brothers and my sister (each of whom make me extremely proud). I'm sure that where ever my father is, his spirit is smiling at the legacy he has left in his children as we were at the center of his life and he, along with my mother are at the center of ours.

So thank you for everything dad! I miss you in body, but I know you are always with me and I love you! <3 :sob: :3m_sie:

lets have 20 seconds of silent......

*raises glass for Jon's dad* may he rest in peace. To Jon's dad!!!!! and Jon, as long u never forget him, he always around, in ur heart.. *raises glass* To Jon, one of the greatest man i've ever known. To Jon!!!!

Happy Birthday to your dad! That's such a lovely post and a lovely sentiment. I'm willing to bet your Dad would be pretty proud of you right now :)

Yeah, parents are the best. It's difficult sometimes not to take them for granted, but ultimately I know that I'd be lost without mine. I owe them my life, on so many levels.

CasualObserver that was really sweet and touching. Its nice to have a close relationship and bond with your family. And im sure no matter where your dad is hes watching over you like a guardian angel. Happy Birthday to your Dad x