The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I started smoking again... It's only like the odd one every week or so but it got that bad I brought a pack. I used to get the odd one every now and then and eventually brought a pack. The day I brought them I was HIGHLY stressed and smoked two and I haven't touched the pack for like three weeks. But I crave another one. I might just keep them and have one every time I get stressed or something. I won't smoke them for the fun of it because I'll end up starting smoking full time.

Be very careful, you sound very wise about all it but it's sooo easy to make excuses for having a smoke. I have a friend who started smoking recently, like a couple of months ago. Just like that. She kept making excuses, like "it's only for this period" and blahblah, but she is quite hooked now. I do know because I smoke sometimes myself, it's bad and I hate myself for it but it's also nice. Yep. Especially with wine. *hides*

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be very careful, you sound very wise about all it but it's sooo easy to make excuses for having a smoke. I have a friend who started smoking recently, like a couple of months ago. Just like that. She kept making excuses, like "it's only for this period" and blahblah, but she is quite hooked now. I do know because I smoke sometimes myself, it's bad and I hate myself for it but it's also nice. Yep. Especially with wine. *hides*

:rolleyes:

Sounds familiar somehow...I quit but I feel like you only ever exchange one bad habit for another....

I smoked the last one from that pack a few days ago. So they lasted a while plus my boyfriend had 5. I smoked 5 in 3-4 months. I have to admit they taste horrible too, but I feel relieved after. I won't be buying another packet for a while.

You guys who smoke get on some medication called Champix. Its brilliant. You take the pills and it stops you from smoking, geniunely does. I did it for a week and i tried a cig and my god it was disgusting to me because of the pills. It tasted nasty and the smell was horrible too. I put it out after two puffs. I havent smoked now for about 4 months. I got mine through my GP though.

I'm a party smoker. And when I'm at a party or event, I really don't mind people smoking around me as I do it myself. But if it's normal every day I can't STAND people smoking under the rain shelter at bus stops etc. (There's a sign saying you can't). Normally I don't mind my friends smoking at Uni either. Sometimes I even join them. Weirdly enough.

One good thing about Sweden though is that you can't smoke inside at public places, like restaurants, bars, clubs etc. I do think it's disgusting when people smoke in their house/car though. Because the nicotine really clings to the walls and the smell NEVER dissapears.

Sammy: I'm happy that you found something that worked well for you! :) I'm not sure though.. I know many people are more addicted to the very "activity" in itself. For me for example, I only smoke when I'm out or with others who smoke, I don't care much for the actually nicotine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Do you smoke?When did you try?Have you ever tried to stop smoking?.

I always curious on things, when I saw my uncle's smoking I wanted to try it, asked one of my uncle but he said it's not good for girls to smoke. So when I went to school the next day (I was in 4th grade, so I was around 9 years old), i bought a stick of cigarette, the vendor did asked me if I was the one who's going to use it, I said no its for my uncle (I lied).

So i went to the girl's cr with matches, but the thing is idk how to smoke haha. So i lit the matched first then unto the cigarette, I really have no idea how to use it so i put it on my mouth then blew it instead of inhaling. I'm telling you, its the worst thing ever haha, i cough so hard and told myself i would never try it ever.

But when I reached 2nd year (highschool), i tried it again with flavor (black bat vanilla), due to the influence of my friends haha. And my 2nd stick is wayyyy better than the first one. So i started smoking (but my family doesnt know about it), but I didn't get addicted to it and stopped smoking after a few months.

• 2 weeks later...

But when I reached 2nd year (highschool), i tried it again with flavor (black bat vanilla), due to the influence of my friends haha. And my 2nd stick is wayyyy better than the first one. So i started smoking (but my family doesnt know about it), but I didn't get addicted to it and stopped smoking after a few months.

Your first cigarette is always your worst.

I guess I'm addicted. I've "quit" several times in the past... The last time I tried to quit was about 3 years ago. I lasted almost a month but as fate would have it that year I visited the Philippines for a good 2 months. It seemed everyone there smoked and many of my relatives smoked so I guess I fell back into the habit. I don't see myself quitting anytime soon. However I will promise to quit when a particular life event happens that I hope will be soon. And if there's anything anybody should know about me is that I always keep my promises.

Always.

• 1 month later...

I tried my first cigarette four years ago when I was 16. (I remember that my younger self had always said she would never ever try smoking. She'd had no idea how wrong she'd been then.) And, well, it was love at first sight. Even that first cigarette didn't taste bad. I'm not addicted. I don't smoke every day, but I have to admit that I love smoking, I really, like really, enjoy doing it. The only thing that keeps me from smoking on a daily basis is my health. What's more, I don't like the whole idea of being addicted. For me, it's a sign of weakness and uhh, I hate feeling weak. So I try to smoke only when I'm partying. (But sometimes I'm not strong enough (especially when I'm depressed which happens quite often) to refrain from smoking.)

Besides, do you know anything that is better than a cup of coffee and a cigarette in the morning? 

I tried my first cigarette four years ago when I was 16. (I remember that my younger self had always said she would never ever try smoking. She'd had no idea how wrong she'd been then.) And, well, it was love at first sight. Even that first cigarette didn't taste bad. I'm not addicted. I don't smoke every day, but I have to admit that I love smoking, I really, like really, enjoy doing it. The only thing that keeps me from smoking on a daily basis is my health. What's more, I don't like the whole idea of being addicted. For me, it's a sign of weakness and uhh, I hate feeling weak. So I try to smoke only when I'm partying. (But sometimes I'm not strong enough (especially when I'm depressed which happens quite often) to refrain from smoking.)

Besides, do you know anything that is better than a cup of coffee and a cigarette in the morning? 

A cup of coffee and a cigarette after breakfast. I know what you mean but it seems that more and more people say that they "smoke only when they drink" or are "social smokers". A habit is a habit; addiction is a different story but there are tell-tale signs even when someone says they're not addicted.

• 1 year later...

I have tried my first cigarette last year and it was not great. But the problem is that now I smoke ocassionally, ONLY at parties. But I have decided to just stop. It's not worth it.And I don't even like it that much, I have no idea why I do it. Probably because some of my friends smoke. I seriously should stop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...