The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I've been a fan of Oscars for awhile, so it was really shocking for me to see him arrested for killing his girlfriend.

I honestly don't think he did it on purpose. Obviously I don't know him personally but from interviews I've seen and the stuff on twitter he writes I don't think he would go out of his way to kill someone. He always talked about God and life being a blessing. I kinda feel bad for the guy. And not to mention the poor girls family. His life is never going to be the same.

What do you guys think? Accident or what?

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. This was a major shocker when I heard about it but things do happen. I won't make any sort of judgment just yet though. Sad news; he was one of the reasons London 2012 was well worth watching for me.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. This was a major shocker when I heard about it but things do happen. I won't make any sort of judgment just yet though. Sad news; he was one of the reasons London 2012 was well worth watching for me.

same here

4 shots and 4 hits? In the dark (since he mistook her for a burglar) ? I dunno man.....:0_0:

that's what I've been hearing a lot but maybe his adrenaline was rushing if he really did mistake her for a burglar

it's starting not to look like an accident but I still can't beleive it.

i really wonder if they would actually give him life if found guilty. i feel like bc he's a celeb he might get like 2 years.

Edited by Rena

this article says that her head had been bashed and there was a bloody cricket bat at the scene

So he shot her four times then clubbed her when she was down....or he started with the bat and when that wouldn't work maybe he went for a gun...either way I don't believe anything about that burglar-thing anymore.

So he shot her four times then clubbed her when she was down....or he started with the bat and when that wouldn't work maybe he went for a gun...either way I don't believe anything about that burglar-thing anymore.

they don't know if he used the bat to break the door and then used it to hit her or if she used it to defend herself and he took it from he or what. the blood on the bat has not been idenified.

yeah- at first i was like dead set into thinking he did this by accident...

i wonder what could have made him so mad.

i read that his blood is being checked to see if he was taking anything like steroids which can cause "roid rage"

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to a South African lady at work and she says his story is fairly believable.

In SA if someone is in your house, chances are if you don't shoot them they will shoot you and its a shoot first ask questions later situation over there. I honestly think he mistook her for a burglar.

I was talking to a South African lady at work and she says his story is fairly believable.

In SA if someone is in your house, chances are if you don't shoot them they will shoot you and its a shoot first ask questions later situation over there. I honestly think he mistook her for a burglar.

yeah i read that in an article. I think i beleive oscar, i just hate how the media are turning against him when they themselves truly dont know. and i love how all of these people are coming out now and saying he has a anger problem and what not. i feel bad for him and i hope he does not go to jail.

i hate to see when people are at the height of their career and they fall down.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know about his history, but if he has abused her in the past and it is documented and this still happened. Accident or not, I would care less if they found him guilty.   There is no reason what so ever to abuse another person.  Especially someone whom you have a physical advantage over.  If you've been a bad person and done bad things then eventually it catches up to you.  If it does so by mistake... in my mind, you still got what you deserved, as harsh as that might be to say. 

If he has no history of abuse with women it becomes much more clouded for me.  I can understand someone protecting their own life and their own home if/when they feel threatened.

I guess ultimately, what ever the evidence may or may not say, there is a truth to this as there is to everything.  It's likely that Oscar and his dead gf only know/knew that truth.  It may be niave to think this way, but I hope that whatever the outcome that it will bring justice... either for Oscar or the victim.  I'm sure that there is evidence of guilt and evidence of innocence.  As a Christain I believe his ultimate grace or punishment will happen after this life no matter what the jury decides.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...