The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was expecting this episode to be very creepy and it just wasn't. I thought it would give me the same chill the first 'Blink' episode gave me with David Tennant as the Doctor, but it just didn't. It was a good episode just wasn't creepy.

I really hope this one is good, I was disappointed last week. For waiting so long I hoped it would be a better episode last week, but I think it was just...boring. Didn't really gave me anything - except for River though. But she changed or mind surprisingly fast for someone who has been told to kill the Doctor her whole life.

I will probably think it's creepy. I'm pretty easy to scare :P

Aghhh I hate River, I was hoping they'd change the actress as she'd have to get younger, but I suppose that's the last we'll see of her now. I didn't mind her at first, but I think they over did the ooo who is she? and it annoyed me when she was all like ''ahhh look at me out-doctoring the doctor''

• 2 weeks later...

The entire structure of this season is weird. I understand the ending in relation to the overall story arc but yeah I dunno, the dramatist in me liked it, the logical me was less loving :P. While I still enjoy Doctor Who immensely I can honestly say I strongly prefer Russel T Davies writing over Moffat's and I've probably said that a million times now. I liked the episode in general but thought it could have been better overall, like it had more potential. Overall I'm satisfied with this season thus far.

I think that the second half of this season has been a bit hit and miss, started off brilliantly, and I really enjoyed yesterdays episode with the Cybermen, that is what Doctor Who should be about, sometimes I think Stephen Moffat over complicates things, but overall I am enjoying the series and looking forward to next weeks final episode.

While I preferred Russell T Davies style he has lost a lot of credibility with me for the abomination which was the last season of Torchwood, he has some making up to do in my book.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, it was a nice little Christmas special. I wouldn't say it's the one I like the most, but it got the job done in true Doctor Who fashion.

• 6 months later...

It has been announced that November 2013 a special Doctor Who episode will air for the 50th anniversary. In which, many of the past time lords and companions will appear. It will not be announced yet who is coming back but the only one to be confirmed is David Tennant.

What do you guys think?

I'm happy, Tennant is the only one I've liked. I'm VERY excited!

Sounds interesting, I'm glad Tennant's coming back. Somehow though I don't think they'll do like they've done in the past with the three doctors and the five doctors. Eccleston has said on various occasions he's not going to return, even for an anniversary special. On top of that Hartnell, Troughton, and Pertwee aren't around anymore T_T. I've started rewatching the old series (up to season 15 so far) and to be honest I kind of like some of the older incarnations more then the present incarnations. Whatever they do I hope they bring back the 8th doctor too, it seems unfair that he was given just one made for T.V. movie (even if he does have tons of audio adventures).

As for past companions, that will be pretty cool. Luckily a lot of the older actors/actresses that played companions are still alive, and I would love if they brought back Susan and Jamie :o! Ohh and Chesterton too (although William Russell is getting kind of old o.o).

• 1 month later...

It's interesting that they introduced Jenna-Louise Coleman so early. I'm wondering how they'll tie her back in during the rest of the season and the Christmas special. I thought overall it was a good episode, better than what Moffat has been putting out for Doctor Who lately. Not sure I really liked the whole divorce thing though, I understand it in terms of ratcheting up the tension and making things more interesting but it seemed slightly forced to me. I didn't see any of the prequel videos so maybe that would explain it better, but even then it seems very out of character for those characters. Not a bad start though.

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the latest episode. I knew they were leaving in this episode, I'd read Karen interviews in a couple of magazines I have, but it was really good to see how they went and it was a lovely sentimental that they got to go together. I'm excited to see how it continues from here. Long live Rory Williams and Amy Pond.

Can't wait for the Christmas one.