#21 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

^ I agree. I have been a majour rocker/emo for 4 years. 3 months ago I changed into indie/urban. Right now i'm loosing fashion sence intirely, now the cold season is coming in, I don't care what I wear. I would really love some fashion advice.

I guess I can say the same thing, but I didn't really have a particular style, I just had no money for new clothes so I had been wearing everything that I've owned over the past few years and haven't gotten anything new, most of which I try my best to avoid wearing. I'm still not too sure what my style would be, hmmmm.

oo lets all go shopping together. thatd be so great.

That's an awesome idea haha. One day we should all post sites to shop on and have a big shopping spree here in the fashion forum ;) Give each other advice and suggestions, you know.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#22 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

i Any questions or advice you need... i'm your girl!!!

I have a weakness for fashion. I keep up with all the latest trends. I am obsessed with designer clothes. I have always dreamed about being a stylist. This is my favorite thread on the boards. I love sitting and thinking about these dilemmas lol. So anything you girls need... ASK ME!!! lol

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#23 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

Ok Arie, what would you say are wardrobe must haves?

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#24 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:18 AM

Ok Arie, what would you say are wardrobe must haves?

Must haves are anything basic that you will wear with anything and all the time. Every person is different.

My must haves include:
1. a purse that can hold all my stuff and match everything. Something I can spend good money on because I will use it for years.
2. Basic jewelry that matches everything, but is also sentimental. (I wear a my grandmothers ring, a bracelet with a charm from my uncle and Bf, and a ring from my mum everyday).
3. I live in heels. Every girl should own a great pair of heels that she feel comfortable in.
4. A WOW dress. You never know when a moment to shine is going to come up. Every girl should have that one dress hanging in her closet that she can't wait to rock.
5. An expensive pair of jeans. I have a million pairs of jeans. They where always ripping or stretching out. They never fit right and were not comfortable. Finally, I splurged. Now, I own two pairs of jeans that fit me perfectly and I can wear everyday. Buying cheap jeans every few months adds up to an amazing pair of jeans.
6. Sweaters. They look great with everything. 'nuff said lol
7. A few versatile stylish tops. Something that fits you perfectly and can be worn with everything. I never wear just a t-shirt.
8. Flat leather (or pleather.. doesn't matter) boots.
9. A black pencil skirt.
10. A pea coat. (I love colored pea coats like dark green or purple)

I guess those are my basic must haves. I literally could go on for hours though lol.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#25 Luna Ann Potter

Luna Ann Potter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for the must haves! I agree on the sweaters, I loooove sweaters.

My style is pretty much changing and I dress as I feel, which is cool because I don't get bored :P I'm not that good with accesories, though, and that's something I need to change, especially when I shop, good accesories can make an outfit look much better.

Right now I don't own many new things as I usually have enough money once a year but I used my Christmas money this year for another thing :( Still I always try to mix it up and not wearing a same outfit (unless I really really like it.)

Edited by Luna Ann Potter, 28 November 2010 - 06:15 AM.

#26 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

That's an awesome idea haha. One day we should all post sites to shop on and have a big shopping spree here in the fashion forum ;) Give each other advice and suggestions, you know.

hahhaa.

i dont really shop online though...
i prefer getting in the shop and trying the clothes on. thats just awesome ::D

any good online shops u recommend?
it sucks though cuz im from germany and shipping overseas is expensive. where are u from?

I will possess your heart.

#27 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

Must haves are anything basic that you will wear with anything and all the time. Every person is different.

My must haves include:
1. a purse that can hold all my stuff and match everything. Something I can spend good money on because I will use it for years.
2. Basic jewelry that matches everything, but is also sentimental. (I wear a my grandmothers ring, a bracelet with a charm from my uncle and Bf, and a ring from my mum everyday).
3. I live in heels. Every girl should own a great pair of heels that she feel comfortable in.
4. A WOW dress. You never know when a moment to shine is going to come up. Every girl should have that one dress hanging in her closet that she can't wait to rock.
5. An expensive pair of jeans. I have a million pairs of jeans. They where always ripping or stretching out. They never fit right and were not comfortable. Finally, I splurged. Now, I own two pairs of jeans that fit me perfectly and I can wear everyday. Buying cheap jeans every few months adds up to an amazing pair of jeans.
6. Sweaters. They look great with everything. 'nuff said lol
7. A few versatile stylish tops. Something that fits you perfectly and can be worn with everything. I never wear just a t-shirt.
8. Flat leather (or pleather.. doesn't matter) boots.
9. A black pencil skirt.
10. A pea coat. (I love colored pea coats like dark green or purple)

I guess those are my basic must haves. I literally could go on for hours though lol.

oh nice list.

id love to see ur WOW dress :P

any chance that u will put it on and take a pic and post it here? :)

edit; ooops double. im sorry

#28 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

oh nice list.

id love to see ur WOW dress :P

any chance that u will put it on and take a pic and post it here? :)

edit; ooops double. im sorry

I am waaaaayy to shy to do that! Sorry!!! But, if I can find it online I will post a pick!! lol

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#29 red

red

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

I am waaaaayy to shy to do that! Sorry!!! But, if I can find it online I will post a pick!! lol

lol okay :P

not a problem.. i didnt want to force you :)

#30 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

Love the list Arie, definitely helps :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Np!! I am so happy it helps!!1 MORE QUESTIONS MORE QUESTIONS!!!! This is so much fun for me!!

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#32 hobbitses

hobbitses

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

If you can't walk in high heels flats would look great too, maybe some with a little sparkle. I think you should wear your hair up, maybe something like this:

Posted Image

or this:

Posted Image

As for accessories, bracelets and rings, definitely!

loove the first updo, might try and do something similar like that :)
thanks for the ideas :)

tumblr_mwkq8uS91t1rkbi4ao6_r1_250.gif
Boma's gift. Jade's gift. Ellen's gift. Lindy's gift.
sisters: Ellen & Arie
jersey shore buddy: Sarah

#33 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

I want a new wardrobe. I live in jumper dresses though haha. Oh and Vans pumps.

#34 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

I want a new wardrobe. I live in jumper dresses though haha. Oh and Vans pumps.

LET ME HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! hahaha lol

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#35 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

LET ME HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! hahaha lol

Go for it. Want some pictures of how I dress now? I really want to make an effort to get a new wardrobe. With all the money from christmas i'll have enough for a new wardrobe.

Shall I start a project thread where everyone can help?

#36 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

Go for it. Want some pictures of how I dress now? I really want to make an effort to get a new wardrobe. With all the money from christmas i'll have enough for a new wardrobe.

Shall I start a project thread where everyone can help?

good idea :)

then we can all have our opinions.

Posted Image

#37 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Okay I need a few things from you.

1. Pics of how you dress now
2. What you are interested in. How do you want to change? What sort of things do you want me to show you?
3. A list of a few stores you like/ would buy from. Since I have to do this all online I want to make sure I have exact stores so you can even buy some of the exact items.

OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#38 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

I'm redoing my wardrobe as well. I've gone through all my clothes and gave whatever I didn't like, haven't worn, or just didn't want anymore to Salvation Army, I don't have much left anymore but gah I'm so broke! It'll be a slow process getting some decent things in my wardrobe but I'm cool with that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

Don't know about you girls but I absolutely love this dress and everything Jolie wears with it. Seen in The Tourist.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Hya

Hya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

Posted Image

LOVE THAT DRESS!

Posted Image
^I've been obsessing over ear wraps. <3 So very hipster.

Posted Image
^This is actually from a really old fashion book. A vintage Dior tulle ball gown. I've fallen in love with it. I want my wedding dress to look that beautiful.

Edited by Hya, 05 January 2011 - 02:36 AM.

Posted Image
A really OLD siggy from 2006...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users