#21 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

I like this where we're telling our own little stories.

I rented the first one (not gonna go down that whole Philosopher/Sorcerer path-I'll just call it the first one) on a friend's recommendation who said it was this generation's Wizard of Oz. It had some magic in it and was a cute movie but fell way short of what my friend said. Plus, I hadn't read any of the books yet and didn't quite "get" this whole Harry Potter phenomenon. But I thought the girl who played Hermione was cute but that's about it for her.

I was doing an Internet image search (for what, I don't even remember) and came across a pic of Emma from Prisoner of Azkaban and thought "that's the same girl? She's changed and grown up." I searched the Internet and found some info about this Emma girl and thought she was cute but kinda left it there. I still wasn't into the HP thing and was calling it Prisoner of Uzbekistan (not because I thought that was the title but because I didn't know the title and didn't care to learn it).

Then once I was seeing The Polar Express in IMAX 3D and we had a 45 minute delay because the film got stuck in the gate. So I was wandering around the lobby when I came across the Goblet of Fire IMAX poster that features Emma. I was stunned. I just stood there mesmerized by her. My heart has been lost to her ever since.

I went to see GoF by myself in the middle of the afternoon one day. I then got the GoF book (yeah, I know, I started in the middle) and read it. I was hooked. I went back and started with the first book and read through them all (up to that point). I looked at Wikipedia for Emma but the entry was weak and very light on info. I started visiting fan sites not wanting to admit that I was a fan and definitely didn't ever want to be a crazy fan. Jo's site was one of the best ones I found. It had good info, archived articles and video of interviews and was a well taken care of site. I began visiting fan forums. This one was not the first one I ever visited. I was on one once where there was this clown saying she was one of Emma's school mates. It was quite obvious she was lying but some poor folks wanted to be close to Emma so bad they believed her and got taken in. She eventually had to admit she was lying and didn't know Emma at all. But that soured me on fan forums for a while.

I've seen Emma go from cute in my eyes to a beauty. She's never seemed to make a wrong step. And I believe that she'll be just as good going forward in choosing her parts and how to handle her career. I like that she embraces Hermione and doesn't want to separate herself from Hermione and is proud of the role. I like that she said that she wouldn't do a nude scene or snort coke on film just to jettison her goody goody Hermione image.

She likes acting but could take it or leave it as she has so many other things she could do. This is why she'll be successful. It's the ones who are desperate for acting and fame that have the problems. This girl has a very level head on her shoulders.

Sorry so long.

#22 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:43 AM

In case you didn't know, this is the poster that I was referencing in the comment above.

Posted Image

#23 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

I, like everyone it seems, was taking in when seeing PoA. In the first 2 films I just thought the whole thing was amazing, I didn't really pay attention to any actor in particular as I was only about 10 back then, but I just loved it all. I did love the scenes with Emma in though, especially the "leviosah, not leviosarr" bit. The first time I remember taking quite an interest in the trio was when watching Newsround (BBC children's news) in about 2001/2002, just as they were filming CoS. They did a feature on how the trio were going through puberty and how they were changing quickly, and how that would look in the films. Me being an immature child still thought the idea of puberty was just hilarious, so I took great interest.

It was not until PoA when I came out of the cinema just feeling utterly mesmerised by Hermione, and, in turn, Emma. I did a bit of googling of her, and found out what little info there was about her. I can't remember the first time I came across e-w.net, definitely not as early as most of you guys, but probably around 2006. I know that was when I signed up to Emma's official site; I think 2006 was when the official site came out. I didn't sign up to the forums until the end of 08/beginning of 09 I think, as it was never really my thing back then.

It's great to see so many Emma fans around here. Most people seem to know Hermione, but not the great girl behind it all. At least in the past couple of years that's started to change.

#24 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

I, like everyone it seems, was taking in when seeing PoA. In the first 2 films I just thought the whole thing was amazing, I didn't really pay attention to any actor in particular as I was only about 10 back then, but I just loved it all. I did love the scenes with Emma in though, especially the "leviosah, not leviosarr" bit.

I joined these forums during the first week PoA was released and I remember at the time that the forums were pretty crazy, I don't think that it has been as mad as it was for PoA for any of the other movies. I think what it is that attracted people to Emma during that movie is her performance, she had a great releationship with Alfonso Cuaron and I think he allowed her to experess herself more as an actress. Emma had also grown up a lot since the second movie, perhaps even more so than between any of the other movies, she was starting to grow from this cute girl and into a beautiful young woman. Now, when I look back to the first movies I love everything about Hermione.

#25 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

I joined these forums during the first week PoA was released and I remember at the time that the forums were pretty crazy, I don't think that it has been as mad as it was for PoA for any of the other movies. I think what it is that attracted people to Emma during that movie is her performance, she had a great releationship with Alfonso Cuaron and I think he allowed her to experess herself more as an actress. Emma had also grown up a lot since the second movie, perhaps even more so than between any of the other movies, she was starting to grow from this cute girl and into a beautiful young woman. Now, when I look back to the first movies I love everything about Hermione.

She did grow up a lot between CoS and PoA. I think that was the biggest gap between movies, and Emma was also the age for a girl's growth spurt. I don't think the public saw a lot of her in that time either. 2003 was a really slow year as far as Emma news. And then 2004 was huge. I think that, and her growing past the cute kid stage, is why so many people noticed her then.

#26 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

I love that poster!

#27 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

I remember I first started to read PS but then found it a tiny bit boring because I was 6 or 7 years old and didn't read many novels then :P I then watched PS and COS, and thought to give the book another try, by then I was older. So at that stage I was just a normal fan, then POA came out at the movies, I went to watch it and that's when I became a huge fan :mellow: I was reading the Harry Potter books all the time in my first year of high school lol, and people were actually getting annoyed at me reading the same thing over and over again. I even sketched some pictures and other students liked them >.< I wrote to her fan mail once, and received a (not personalized) letter and signed black and white photo of her.

The first ever HP related website I went on was this nice Cho Chang one. No idea why I chose Cho xD She was never one of my favourite characters. Then I found emma-watson.net :D and ditched the Cho Chang one :rolleyes: So I joined the forums too, and made some great friends. Most which aren't here anymore unfortunately but I'm still friends with some of my first ever internet friends :P Like everyone I think, I learnt just about every single word to the Philosopher's Stone movie, and a lot of COS. Lol at school too, we weren't really allowed on any non-school related sites, but I snuck onto e-w.net everyday and never got caught. People got banned from the internet if they were caught :P But noone suspected me *giggles* for my whole 5 years there.

Sooo yeah that's my boring story. But years on I'm just as obsessed as I was then, if not more :P I guess all these years Emma's been my favourite actress, she was always someone so... together and sensible! That's why I looked up to her, and she's even more so now. She's turned into a beautiful girl! And the perfect Hermione ^_^

#28 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

Whats all your guys favurite Hermione look? I might start a thread on this. >.<

#29 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

It seems that the reshoots for the epilogue have ended, and thus Emma has officially finished playing Hermione. Probably a bit bittersweet heading into Christmas, but since she had been away from the set for a while before the reshoots and had believed she finished filming the series months ago, it might not have been as bad as when it "ended" the first time.
Emma Watson: The Britsh Beauty.
Qq1N2U.jpg TigerBengal1.jpg

#30 Occulus

Occulus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

Whats all your guys favurite Hermione look? I might start a thread on this. >.<

The pink hooded sweater from Prisoner of Azkaban all the way.

I think when the first time the POA trailer came out and they had bit where Hermione is walking down in that pink hoodie the steps and saying "You foul loathsome evil little cockroach!" to Malfoy is when you noticed that she had "matured" I also love the bit where she and Harry first go back in time with the time. Harry touches the time-turner around her neck and she slaps his hand! That was hot.

#31 Judy

Judy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationSyria

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

I will always love both Emma and Hermione..they're not that different you know:)

#32 trixie

trixie

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

Well, I had read the first books when I saw the first HP movie. At that time I didn't care about the child actors at all, I though they where cute and they lived up to my expectation as the HP trio-charachters, especially Rupert and Emma as Ron and Hermione which made me happy because I always liked them in the books more than Harry as well.

But I've never liked any of the movies as much as I loved reading the books. But this is all due to how the movies are made not because of any of the actors.
However the acting-trio has really become Harry, Ron and Hermione to me.

And from the 4th film I've been a fan of them all ( I must admit that I haven't followed Dan as much as I have been tracking pretty much every official move Emma and Rupert takes) having seen them in their other movies and because they've grown up so well and are both down to earth.

Its really gonna be intersting to keep following them and especially Emma and I do hope to see much more of her in the future!
there's nothing I N T E R E S T I N G about being P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

#33 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

And now we only have a month before Deathly Hallows 2 comes out. I remember getting the DH book like it was yesterday, and that was back in 2007.

#34 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Ugh dont remind me...I ordered mine and the mailman didnt ring my bell and took it away!!! :( I had to go out and buy a copy and stayed up til 4AM reading all of its awesomeness. Hermione I was SO scared was not going to make it especially after Malfoy Manor :( BRING ON DH 2!!!!
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#35 stephani

stephani

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Locationindonesia-taiwan

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

I think he was born to be Hermione :yesyes: :yesyes:
LOVE YOU EMMA

Posted Image

#36 Antares

Antares

• Moderators
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

I remember when I got DH, I still wasn't done reading HBP, which was very cool, in a way, because I got to read two Potter stories in one go. :D
Wisdom is the ability to cope.
Michael Ramsey

#37 stephani

stephani

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Locationindonesia-taiwan

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

hahahahah...., I can imagine how to read the two books are so thick at the same time
LOVE YOU EMMA

Posted Image

#38 Luciana

Luciana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Mood::Calm and collected
  • LocationBs. As. Argentina

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

I was reading this article, and I agree with it.
http://www.guardian....mione-hollywood

For me, Hermione changed a lot through the movies. But, what do you think?

#39 wouldwife/10

wouldwife/10

• Fire
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

I was reading this article, and I agree with it.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/30/harry-potter-hermione-hollywood

For me, Hermione changed a lot through the movies. But, what do you think?

Hmm, I see where the author from that article is coming from. But as a guy, I must say that dressing her up a bit better than her character was described in the books was nice for me :)

She was still pretty much the strongest witch, usually saving Ron and Harry from a lot of dangers, but she is sexy while she's doing it! It's just the nature of show business.

A lot of my friends would only watch Harry Potter to oogle Emma... and I don't blame them.
Posted Image

#40 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

It's still hard for me to believe that I just recently saw Emma play Hermione for the last time. I still remember seeing her for the first time in the Sorceror's Stone film, in which I remember thinking that she looked exactly how I pictured her and that she was the perfect choice for the role. I will say that it doesn't matter if they try to remake it in the future with different actors or not, because for me Emma Watson will always be the best Hermione Granger, and I will miss her portrayal as well as the series in general, as I have been a fan since the beginning. In the end, I thank JK Rowling and Harry Potter for many things, but most importantly for introducing me to Emma Watson. And I can't wait to see Emma's post-Potter career and what she has in store for us. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users