The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Going Back In Time

If you had the chance to go back in time, back to just before the Philosopher's Stone movie was about to come out, with all the future movies and premiere's coming up, would you choose to? Instead of it being the very end like now :o I'd love to because it's sad that all the books and movies have been completed, there won't be as much to get excited about now :( But at least we have them at our fingertips :P

Edited by padfoot

I think that I would go back in time only if i also had the possibility of moving to UK in order to be present at the premieres. Interesting idea trough-it made me think of the first films and of the first time i read the books :)

Definitely. I'd go back not only to "start over" but to tell my little self some important life lessons, and to never give up on HP.

I did once. Well kind of, I didn't throw away the books or stop watching the movies or anything, I just stopped "obsessing", I would still watch the movies on occasion but I didn't read the books for awhile or keep up with any of the actors. I was just, distracted. But I'll tell my little self not to let that happen, I missed out on a lot because of it.

If I could go back, knowing what I know now, I think I might.

I agree with this, if I could go back knowing what I know and with the memories I would love to live through it all again, the past 10 years have been brilliant and I have loved every minute of it. If it meant going back and starting over, without the memories I am not sure I would want to, you would never know if things would work out the same.

Now, where did I put that flux capacitor?

I agree with this, if I could go back knowing what I know and with the memories I would love to live through it all again, the past 10 years have been brilliant and I have loved every minute of it. If it meant going back and starting over, without the memories I am not sure I would want to, you would never know if things would work out the same.

haha Tardis here I come.

Yeah, without the memories, I don't know that I would have done anything different. But with them, I would have gotten more involved earlier. I missed out on those first years.

Just on a side note, I read a story a few weeks ago about a guy on the phone sorting out his car insurance. The lady on the other end asked 'does your car have any modifications', and he replied, jokingly, 'a flux capacitor'. She didn't have a clue what one was and wasn't sure if she'd be able to insure the car so she went to get her manager, who came over and said to the man 'we'll be able to insure you sir, as long as you don't travel over 88mph!'. What a legend.

Anyway, back on topic. With hindsight, I'd definitely go back in time. Not only for Harry Potter, but for life in general. I'd definitely make some better decisions.

• 1 month later...

No. I wouldn't. For ten years I was always wondering how the books would end. It was nice, yes, but in the end I was glad to know it for good. And I don't have to go back in time to read the books or watch the movies again, so going back to relieve the Harry Potter-Phenomenon with my current knowledge wouldn't be necessary as well. Talking about life in general I wouldn't turn back time either. I'm so much happier now than I was during my teenage years, and I wouldn't want to change any of the big decisions I made. They make me who I am.

I would have gotten more involved too. I missed out on a lot of Potter goodies, PS-POA and even a tiny bit in GOF. It wasn't until OOTP I really became active and posted and communicated with other Potter fans. I would have loved to experienced the mania 2001 and earlier.