The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Daniel Radcliffe On Qi

Just thought to let the Daniel fans know that tonight there will be Christmas special of QI with Daniel Radcliffe in the panel on BBC 1. QI is a brilliant show to watch even without Daniel but anyway :P

And if you can't get BBC one there are some PEOPLE who upload it to youtube the next day. So...yeah, check it out.

emma should be a guest

I agree.

I have just watched it, it was a brilliant episode.

Yeah, loved the bit at the end. Also loved Alan: I used to play a magician's assistent you know.

I never realised though that Rowling was pronounced like Bowling...

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3PLjAxe07M&feature=sub

Thanks for the link, Maestro, I can't believe I missed that episode.

Go DanRad! He sure does have a lot of knowledge and intelligence for his years, it's always surprised me that he decided academia wasn't for him. Fair enough he chose a career in acting, but I'm surprised he dropped out of education at the earliest point (unless I'm mistaken).

Thanks for the link, Maestro, I can't believe I missed that episode.

Go DanRad! He sure does have a lot of knowledge and intelligence for his years, it's always surprised me that he decided academia wasn't for him. Fair enough he chose a career in acting, but I'm surprised he dropped out of education at the earliest point (unless I'm mistaken).

From what I remember he dropped out after his AS year, which is one year later than the earliest point to drop out, which is GCSE. An AS is equivalent to half an A Level. It seems a little pointless to me to do AS but then not stay on for the full A Level, but then again Dan's situation certainly wasn't ordinary.

From what I remember he dropped out after his AS year, which is one year later than the earliest point to drop out, which is GCSE. An AS is equivalent to half an A Level. It seems a little pointless to me to do AS but then not stay on for the full A Level, but then again Dan's situation certainly wasn't ordinary.

Ah, thank you. Yeah, I didn't think he did A Levels but I didn't realise he'd stayed on to AS.

I suppose you can't blame the guy for wanting to focus on a pretty intense career without having the substantial pressure of A Levels on top. They're a lot for anyone to take at the best of times, let alone with a full-time job as well. It just seems a shame that he didn't finish his A Levels since he's clearly an intelligent guy with a thirst for knowledge. Having said that, though, he seems to have gained that and more from his own reading and experience, without the need for formal qualifications. I suppose academia isn't the right thing for everybody, and good on Dan for appreciating the value of culture and education whilst pursuing his own direction in life.