The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I Need To Make A Decision

Please Read Post Before Commenting  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, this may seem a little dumb, but I want to know if I should save my money to get either the iPad 2 (when it comes out) or the new lines (People Tree and Alberti Ferreti) by Ms. Watson. I have an iPad that is in perfect condition, but I'm expecting the iPad 2 to have a few things that I could really use for school (I bring my iPad to school everyday for notes and audio recordings). For example, if it has a rear-facing camera I can take pictures of classwork and completely get rid of the clutter of papers in my binders and folders. However, I really would like "better" clothes than I have now.

Note:

•  
  • The iPad 2 would be an extra benefit for school. The current one still works fine, and is better-than-suffiant for school currently.
  • My birthday falls out perfectly in mid-March. Obviously, this is when Spring starts (both lines of clothing are "spring/summer"). Also, the new iPad is expected to come out in April.
  • For me, school ends on June 4th (+/- a day or two). So, I would only get to fully use the iPad for a little over a month (assuming an April/Easter release).
  • Obviously, I would get a lot of use out of the clothes.

I'm thinking about waiting to see the clothes first, than deciding from there. Or, waiting to see the new features of the iPad 2 (there are always leaks a few weeks before announcing). However I would like to hear your opinions. So, please either vote, leave a reply, or both. Thanks!

The iPad doesn't have expandable storage does it? I know that the iPad has flash storage but what if you did have a crash? Doesn't it worry you to eschew all of your paperwork and put everything on the iPad? Do you back it up in some way? Can you back it up in the cloud?

The iPad doesn't have expandable storage does it? I know that the iPad has flash storage but what if you did have a crash? Doesn't it worry you to eschew all of your paperwork and put everything on the iPad? Do you back it up in some way? Can you back it up in the cloud?

I back it up to my computer every week. I have an amazing app called "Complete Class Organizer" that backs up all my notes, homework, etc. If I were to ever lose it or have it stolen, I would still have all my notes on my computer.

Also, just as a side note, if it was stolen, than what I can do is go onto www.me.com and perform a "Data Wipe," which erases all the personal information from the device.

Edited by ckravitz

I would wait until the beginning of march and then decide. There is no offical release date for the iPad 2 yet and may be it comes out later.

That is probably what I'm going to do. Also, I basing the iPad 2's release date on the first iPad's release date.

Wait until iPad 2 comes out.

Buy iPad 2.

Sell iPad 1.

Buy People Tree clothes with money from iPad 1.

Sorted!

Incidentally, I'm gonna pick myself up one of the new iPads when I'm in the US next May, I'll save a fair amount of money on the rip-off Britain price.

Buy iPad 2.

Sell iPad 1.

Sorted!

Incidentally, I'm gonna pick myself up one of the new iPads when I'm in the US next May, I'll save a fair amount of money on the rip-off Britain price.

I was also thinking about doing that too :P ! I forgot to post it though. Thanks for reminding me! The iPads just went up a few pounds in England because of the VAT rising to 20%, correct?

I was also thinking about doing that too :P ! I forgot to post it though. Thanks for reminding me! The iPads just went up a few pounds in England because of the VAT rising to 20%, correct?

Yep, a nice round 20% of almost everything we buy goes back to the government. It's necessary, of course, because our last government got the country into a huge deficit.

Any idea what the sales tax is in California?

Wait. I'd probably buy the clothes :P

yea, you'd do that too lol

i'd go with Yorkshire's but if i were you, i'll buy the clothes, since u already have an iPad, so wats d point having another one

but thats just me

Buy iPad 2.

Sell iPad 1.

Sorted!

I like this idea :D

I would you suggest you save your money for clothing.

There was a time in my life where I didn't have enough money to buy clothing for two years. I went to school with pretty much the same clothing each week.

And, again, last year I was given the option of what I wanted for Christmas: an iTouch or glasses. I picked the iTouch and now I have to pay out of pocket, without insurance (since I lost my insurance last February), for new prescription glasses. The ones I'm wearing are seven years old.

If you have an iPad already, and it's still in good use then I would wait until the iPad 2 goes down in price after it's released to purchase it.

What ever happened to putting pen to paper to take notes and brining your digital recorder with you to class?

-shrug- I guess I'm old fashioned. :mellow:

Yep, a nice round 20% of almost everything we buy goes back to the government. It's necessary, of course, because our last government got the country into a huge deficit.

Any idea what the sales tax is in California?

General tax is 8.25%. Maximum local surtax is 10.75%: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States?wasRedirected=true

What ever happened to putting pen to paper to take notes and brining your digital recorder with you to class?

-shrug- I guess I'm old fashioned. :mellow:

I know what you mean, but it really is so much easier than writing it down. I have a lot of notes in school (I'm in "higher" classes), and my binders would be another few inches thicker if it wasn't for the iPad.

• 13 years later...

Cardiac disorders heart rate increased, heart rate decreased Eye disorders visual disturbance priligy medicine Mammary gland whole mounts from the metformin treated mice exhibited decreased lateral branching and alveolar structure in comparison to glands from the control mice