The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Do You Doodle?

While on the phone, bored or waiting, do you doodle?

I draw all types of star shapes, dolphins, hearts, houses, flowers, cartoon girls - most of the time.

Not sure how accurate the below information is but it's relating to this and are from doodle-specific websites. The colours I pick are blue, purple, turquoise and pink (sometimes yellow/green).

- Red speeds up the pulse and is connected with energy, activity and strong feelings: anger, love and hate.

- Pink is in tune with soft feelings: affection, warmth, compassion and sensitivity.

- Orange is a powerful, intense, stimulating and disturbing colour associated with dynamic energy.

- Yellow is a bright, sharp colour that stimulates the mind, creating excitement and also fear.

- Green is linked with natural renewal and change, relaxation, dissatisfaction and growth.

- Turquoise is a cool colour associated with calm detachment, self-control and pride.

- Blue slows the breathing and is linked with peace, trust, self-discipline, loyalty and spirituality.

- Purple or indigo is rich and deep with insight, integrity, dignity and authority.

- Violet has the power to heal associated with intuition, inspiration and spirituality.

- Brown is the colour of down-to-earth practicality and reliability.

- Black is associated with facts, discipline and what is serious or gloomy.

Celestial Bodies:

The sun is a motif from early childhood that may suggest a sunny, childish disposition. Stars are drawn by ambitious people and may suggest a desire for self-promotion. Little stars indicate optimism, while asymmetrical stars suggest excess energy. Celestial bodies are of course favorites of sci-fi and fantasy fans, and young astronomy buffs.

Game Boards and Mazes:

Game grids such as Chess, noughts-and-crosses and Nine Men's Morris suggest a competitive nature and desire to win - or a love of the game! Mazes can suggest a feeling of being lost with nowhere to turn, being unsure of which direction one ought to take, or may indicate mental disorganisation.

Hearts:

You're in lurve... generally, hearts are drawn by people in love, but may also indicate a romantic disposition.

Bars:

A pattern of intersecting vertical lines - bars indicate a sense of imprisonment, feeling trapped or powerless. Can also be used by artists as a form of hatching, so losing any symbolic power.

Dots:

Dots are often regarded as a sign of great unease and a disordered personality. However, carefully drawn dot patterns may be related to game designs (indicating competitiveness), and may be used as in a stippling effect to fill space. Those who enjoy complex stipple drawing are usually intensely orderly to the point of obsession, patient and tend to 'do things the hard way'.

Doodles of Boxes and Perspective Forms:

Perspective drawing is quite an advanced stage in artistic development, and is a very satisfying creative outlet – simple 3-D boxes often hark back to our last experience of artistic training (technical drawing in highschool). 3-D boxes indicate an ordered mind and love of routine. Often drawn by people with a good sense of spatial relationships. A stack of balanced boxes might indicate great stress - especially if the stack is at risk of toppling!

Houses:

Houses are another early motif, that are often drawn because of familiarity. Houses are regarded as representing the home life - a nice, neat house says you are happy at home, while untidy lines, asymetrical shapes or an absence of windows suggests an unhappy home life. Smoke from the chimney represents a welcoming fire, though this is probably culturally linked.

Abstract and Random Shapes:

These are not the regular zig-zag, patterned form of abstraction, but free-form and orderless shapes, which may be closed or open. A wandering line indicates aimlessness and distraction. Rythmical arabesques might suggest a wilful, coqettish distraction, while more purposeful lines indicate unease.

Animals:

Different animals mean different things: generally, if you're drawing animals, you are a loyal person who just wants to help the ones around you. If you are drawing a predator, you are feeling competitive and ready to succeed. If you are drawing a defenseless animal, you are feeling vulnerable and prone to attack. Get yourself out of that situation, pronto! If you draw a bird or a fish, you need to remove yourself from where you are and spend some time to think about a pressing issue.

So... tell us. What do you draw/doodle most and are the facts true about you? The meanings for my colours/doodles, in my opinion, sound just like me. :blink:

I usually color in black and brown

I usually draw Doodle of Boxes and Perspective Forms, Houses, and Abstract and Random Shapes.

So, I am a down to earth person who is associated with fact and discipline. I have an ordered mind and likes to be routine. I do not draw nice houses, and am distracted from certain things.

• 3 weeks later...

The only things I doodle are mandalas and people on surfboards in the ocean. I'm not so good at doodling much else, it ends up looking real lame haha. I like mandalas because you can make any pattern. This is a mandala if anyone doesn't know what it is:

• 3 weeks later...