The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What Are You Grateful For Today?

As a member of this wonderful Forum, I have come to notice that no matter what we are all dealing with we have a commonality among all of us--we all have issues, problems, and things we are dealing with or struggle with which happen to get the best of us in our weakest moments. We fall, and sometimes we have trouble continuing up the ladder (or what analogy have you) and we realize how vulnerable or fallible we have become.

The one thing I love about this Forum is something which I have learned: that is, when I believe there are no options left, there is always an outlet that I may turn to--a person to sound-off of on, someone who may be there momentarily to listen to what I have to say.

This has made me more grateful.

My intention behind this is to help raise some of your moods--to help tweak them and give you, perhaps, some hope or something to fall back upon when times become tough or unbearably so.

You may put as many or as little gratitude markers as you may like, but at least put one. And if you can't find one, go for something simple!

----

Mine:

I was walking to grab coffee and breakfast this morning. The sun was shining, providing foreground to a bright blue sky. The town I walked through is very historic in nature, and quite beautiful and quaint. Cold breeze.

I just realized how full of gratitude I was to walk and have the opportunity to travel to such a great place. After going through five or six years of difficult times, I know that in this moment I could be going through much worse.

So, guys (and gals)! I challenge you to find something you're grateful for!

Are you willing to take that challenge?

-folds arms-

:D

First, I'm very grateful for discovering this forum. To be honest, I can't imagine myself without it. So many things have come off of this forum that became beneficial to me (writing, video editing, etc), and the friends I have here will last a lifetime.

Next, I am very grateful that my friend introduced this girl to me last Friday at school. This person is, basically, everything I ever wanted in a woman: likes a lot of things I like, funny, wants to travel, able to laugh at herself, and she is very pretty. It isn't official, but it's safe to say that it will grow into something much more.

Lastly, I'm grateful that I'm not like every other kid in my school. A lot of them love rap and heavy metal (not that there's anything wrong with that), take drugs and drink (and not soda "wink wink"), curse, and act up in class. I'm so happy that I'm not like them; I obviously don't drink, take drugs, or curse, I don't act up in class, etc. I feel one step ahead of the rest.

So there, Kim. I thought of three :puh:

I'm grateful for being a part of this forum.

I'm grateful for making awesome friends here.

I'm grateful for having people who love me for being me.

Let's keep it 3 for today.

I know I don't always have the right words and more often then not don't have the right actions to show it, but I'm grateful today, as I am each and every day, for the people in my life. I'm grateful for the family I've been blessed with and the friends that I have made both off the internet and on. My best friend is like a brother to me and my friendships with people I've met here continue to grow, as I gain hope, strength and faith from my relationship with God and the people He has filled my life with.

Chandler--I am glad that you have met someone who shares your interests and is what you look for in a woman! I wish you the best! ;D

Also, I felt much the same way you do in school. I was never one of those that fit in with the mainstream....Call me a Hermione Granger of my high school (not that I was that smart, just a prude! :lol: )

BoMa--I LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE! :wub::D lol!

Madeline--I just listened to your song! I LOVE IT! It's very upbeat. The one thing that probably kept me sane through my rough times was books, so I can relate to feeling grateful for reading or being able to read. I used to pick up any and everything--whether it was a fictional novel or a non-fiction exposition or an autobiography. Each one of those certainly has contributed to my perspective.

Jonald--Same with me. I'm not as religious, as you know, but I do thank (every day) the people I have met in my life and come across who have opened my mind to more ideas and views and have been there for me.

-----

What I am thankful for today:

Last night, I was walking home. I had recently gotten new prescription glasses. The one thing I do cherish while walking home at night is staring up at the sky and looking at the stars. I caught a glimpse of Ursa Major (the Big Dipper). IT WAS AWESOME!! :D

Also, being blessed (in a sense) to have been placed into the position of struggling financially and emotionally. It has not only given me perspective and resources, but it has also instilled in me a determined outlook and power, which I would never have had, to have control over my situation.

:)

Edited by Lena

Frist Thing I am Grateful For Is for Wonderful amazing Friends On here I mean Yeah I don't Have Many..But The Ones On here The Ones I talk to the ones I just talk to me make my day for sure .

Second thing I grateful is for my family without my Grandparents I honestly Have No idea were i would be with out them are petty much the people that raised me to be the Respectful girl that i am today and the big hearted girl i am today

Third Scott My boyfriend.. We been friends for like 8 or 9 months before we started dating and it feels like everything is falling into place with him b.c with out him i feel lost here.. and he tells me I am special everyday and he loves How stubborn i am..

Fourth My church.. I been going to Church on and off sense i was 9 years old.. after my sister passed away i started going again to keep myself grounded and to not to bad things.. and My church has been there with me for every broken Part in my heart every tear.. I love The girls at my church we all grew up together and no matter how much we have a spamz Fights we are like true best amazing friends and for the Youth pastor and His Wife they are like my mom and dad and they took me in and helped me though my problems when no one else did..

Thats it for now

Today, I'm thankful for it being today. One more day until the weekend!

Also, I'm thankful for my friends on the forum and at school who always keep me on my toes and makes me stop and think. And a good laugh is thrown in there as well.

• 4 months later...

I'm grateful I still have a 2 jobs and doing well in school. I'm grateful my parents were very supportive when I moved out. I'm grateful my roomates and I get along, like a family. I'm just grateful my life is heading in the right direction.

Today, I'm thankful for it being today. One more day until the weekend!

Also, I'm thankful for my friends on the forum and at school who always keep me on my toes and makes me stop and think. And a good laugh is thrown in there as well.

I know you posted a while back, Chandler, but I've been on and off the forum for quite a bit! I'm really glad you've managed to get through the school year and I'm grateful to have met you as well!

I'm grateful I still have a 2 jobs and doing well in school. I'm grateful my parents were very supportive when I moved out. I'm grateful my roomates and I get along, like a family. I'm just grateful my life is heading in the right direction.

Loooove <3. There's something about being satisfied, eh? about the direction that your life is going in. ;)

I am Grateful to be big in thsi harry potter Family and to have great harry potter friends :)

I'm grateful to have met you as well, Sarah! :D

---

I'm really, really grateful tonight that I have friends who are supportive of any decision I try to make in my life right now that will affect my life in the future. Everyone I've talked to, and gotten close to, either on the Forum or off the Forum and in my personal life, has gotten me to be much more trusting, outgoing and gotten me to laugh more <3. At the same time, I've laughed more, been happier, and more satisfied and accepting of myself and who I am and what I want to achieve in life. ^_^

Much love <3 :wub: . I'm not as hesitant about the steps I want to take; and, for that, I am grateful. ;)

Edited by Prongs
  • 4 weeks later...

It may seem like I've double-posted...that's because I am going to :lol: .

I am of the deeply, solid and personal belief that giving thanks is not just supposed to be given around Thanksgiving (for all those American members here :P ). "Thanksgiving" originated from the bountiful harvest immigrants who came to this nation shared with natives of this nation before this nation was a nation of diverse "States" we have come to know today. I'd imagine there is some type of inclusion into the English langauge for the combined word "Thanksgiving" from around this time period. However, it isn't a relatively new thing--new word.

For people who deal with an incredible amount of hardship, stress...for people who intensely dislike themselves, find disgust in the mirror as they look into it, or have become apathetic, what--today, now--can you feel good about??? In this Present Moment????

Now, for me, let me list them:

-I am intensely grateful for the friends I have that have surrounded me in the past 8 months. Life has taken on another kind of character, and I have found a sanctuary from harsh judgment from the world in their arms. <3.

-I have come to understand that (as I have posted previously in the Religious Resource Forum) faith is not a scary thing, it is not something to be ashamed about, and it is never a "destination point". I love that I've found another place to remain positive and keep the world right-side-up.

-Meditation class today was phenomenal!!!!! And it was FREE! (best kind evar <3). We did a 20 minute segment of silence and meditation and, oh my gosh, I have never felt so calm in my life. :D Soo happy.

Rawr (only Tom will get this :P ) to you all!!! yay!

NOW POST PEOPLE :o:P .

Im grateful for this glorious stuff

THAT'S IT. I'M PACKING MY BAGS, takin' a trip to the NZ and buying myself a weird looking soda. :D

---

What be I grateful for? The extra few dollars I have for pocket-change this week. yay. :D

Im grateful for this glorious stuff

:excited: I love this drink too.

I'm grateful for... having very loving family and friends. Having an amazing life (at times :P), grateful that Jo Rowling decided to be an author! Grateful that I grew up and live in a relatively safe country. Could go on and on.

You dont have that magnificent drink? Im so sorry for you!

Its lemon and orange combined. To describe it would be to talk in tongues, its the drink of the Gods!

No :mellow: , we do not have that "magnificent" drink :P . What you will find in the States are sodas that are primarily one flavor only lol.

Please, I invite you to talk in a tongue and describe me what this lemon/orange drink is all 'bout. lol.

:excited: I love this drink too.

I'm grateful for... having very loving family and friends. Having an amazing life (at times :P), grateful that Jo Rowling decided to be an author! Grateful that I grew up and live in a relatively safe country. Could go on and on.

Woooow :o , you finally posted in this thread :P lol.

I love your list.

---

Kind of finding it hard to be grateful at the moment, but I'll give it a go: just plain thankful that I have a humongously supportive group of friends. Things have gotten really difficult at times, and they've really gotten me out of my former states. ;) I am also super appreciative that I have one friend who texts me (and sometimes calls, but not too much) at least once a day. It really makes me feel that I matter to someone, whiich I struggle to believe sometimes. :)

Many many things I can list which make me feel thankful, but let's just leave it at that for now.

I'm grateful to those who have told me to stand up for myself against bad people. I'm grateful because they told me I should say how I really feel instead of being walked all over. Today I did them justice. I stood strong and did them proud. I'm grateful for them for the support.

• 2 months later...