The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Platform 9 and 3/4

So I was wondering. I watched the first movie the other night and is there any other way of getting to platform 9 and 3/4 without running through the wall. I don't think any other way was ever stated in the books?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know. This is one of the things I hope is brought up on Pottermore. D:

Nothing is said about ways to get there other than through the wall.

The thing i find stange is everone notices when they runinto the wall n fall over , but what do the muggles see?

"hey daddy, daddy !"

"What now!"

"these people just ran through the wall!"

"dont be so silly darling its just a wall thats outrageous!"

"But i did!"

"Enough!"

*crash*

"see there darling those silly people tried to ruun through the wall and got no where but on the floor in a mess"

"hmmm"

The thing i find stange is everone notices when they runinto the wall n fall over , but what do the muggles see?

"hey daddy, daddy !"

"What now!"

"these people just ran through the wall!"

"dont be so silly darling its just a wall thats outrageous!"

"But i did!"

"Enough!"

*crash*

"see there darling those silly people tried to ruun through the wall and got no where but on the floor in a mess"

"hmmm"

Haha :P "Muggles? They don't see nuffink, do they?"

Seeing as students don't take their apparition tests until their sixth year, I doubt any could get there via apparition. Perhaps with a parent and then walk to the gate but I suppose the Hogwarts Express is the compulsory way, all others may result in detentions or being expelled/near-expelled, like Harry and Ron?

However, if they had contact with Dumbledore or a professor within Hogwarts (eg. sent an owl) I'm sure there would be a way.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to Platform 9 and Platform 10 at King's cross several times. There is just a sign saying Platform 9 and 3/4.....and a pillar. That's all.

I think children/not of age wizards must go through the barrier to gain access to the platofrm, however parents are clearly able to apparate to/from the platform as seen in Book 4 when Bill, Charlie and Mrs Weasley disapparate once the Hogwart's Express starts to move out of sight.

Have all you Brits been to the Platform 9 and 3/4 yet?

i really want to i wish i lived in england!

Yep, it's really not that great! There's just loads of people taking photos next to it. The building, Kings cross itself, is actually far more impressive!

Yep, it's really not that great! There's just loads of people taking photos next to it. The building, Kings cross itself, is actually far more impressive!

for some reason i still wish i lived in england lol

I don't know if muggles can/cannot see them running into the wall.

I know they can't see Hogwarts, though. Hermione said something about that in one of the books, but I can't remember which one.

I don't know if muggles can/cannot see them running into the wall.

I know they can't see Hogwarts, though. Hermione said something about that in one of the books, but I can't remember which one.

Goblet of Fire, when Ron is talking about Durmstrang and Hogwarts being difficult to hide. It's all in Hogwarts:A History, as usual.

Edited by SomeBloke