The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I figured since there's already a post dedicated to dogs, we might as well have one dedicated to cats. Surely, cats aren't as big and strong as most dogs...but they're certainly bright and can provide everlasting companionship and affection to their owners. Once I watched on the news how a cat woke its owner when the bed caught fire due to a dropped cigarette, now isn't that impressive!

Do you have cat(s)? If so what breed, or what kind of cat would you like? Personally I have my eyes set on the Birman.

As a kitten: As an adult:

i used to have dozen of cats when i was a kid, but it got taken of me by the RSCPA, some animals control people, and they let me keep only two, pricks lol.. i dunno their breed but its a normal cat, i think it was a lion ;p jokes

i love LOVE cats! i even have a cat tattooed on my shoulderblade :rolleye0012:

i have two cats. one is just a regular house cat, while the other is a norwegian forest cat. my oldest cat is turning 16 this year and he's still lively and healthy :D :D

later i really want a maine coon. they're gorgeous, and so big!! :o

a bit expensive, but i definitely think its gonna be wort it

and i wish i could own a sand cat, they're sooo cute, but they're wild cats :/

• 2 weeks later...

I really like cats, I have two of my own. I don't have a particular breed but I do prefer shorthaired cats because you don't have to groom them as much. Cats are the best pets for my family as we don't have enough time to look after an animal that needs a lot of attention.

I use to despise cats. I am also allergist so that was part of it. But, lately I am sort of growing fond of them. My friend has a cat and I have to admit they make great company. It would be nice to have a pet since I live on my own. But, I don't think my allergies are up to having a cat in the house. Oh well.

I use to despise cats. I am also allergist so that was part of it. But, lately I am sort of growing fond of them. My friend has a cat and I have to admit they make great company. It would be nice to have a pet since I live on my own. But, I don't think my allergies are up to having a cat in the house. Oh well.

I also had an allergy against cats, pretty strong as well. But they vanished, especially now that I live with one.

That's my kitten:

40167_1580620323270_1468530594_31452409_1531083_n.jpg

248492_2092933290774_1468530594_32353590_1802606_n.jpg

I also had an allergy against cats, pretty strong as well. But they vanished, especially now that I live with one.

That's my kitten:

Your so lucky that you allergies went away!!!! Mine are so bad!!!! I wish they would go away because I would really love to have a cat in the house. your cat is so cute!!!!

That's my kitten:

Awww, what a cute kitty cat! I love how he's rolling near the window and playing with your Chucky dvd, hehe. He's certainly not afraid of him. :P

I love cats, I think they make great pets. They can be very independent though, and do what they want. If they want to sit in a certain chair, they will, no matter what you do.

You feed them, and pamper them, then they seem to do what they want, usually sleep, [lol] They are the boss!

Also they are very clean, they hardly ever make a noise, apart from a contented purr. :P

I LOVE LOVE LOVE cats!!! (they are so much better than dogs) :P I used to have two tabbies, Sammy and Nickie but had to give them up several years ago. :( They were my babies and I miss them so much. I would love to get another tabby, as well as a black cat. Any cat really, I love them too much!!! :D :D :D

Am I the only one who don't like them. I'm more of a dog lover myself. It's not the fact I don't mind them I actually don't like them. They aren't scarey just kinda freaky!

It probably does not come as a surprise that I love cats. I have one of my own (see below). I also love dogs but as I live in an apartment alone and work 40-45 hours a week I don't think a dog is the right kind of animal for me to have right now.

Am I the only one who don't like them. I'm more of a dog lover myself. It's not the fact I don't mind them I actually don't like them. They aren't scarey just kinda freaky!

Hehehe! You're not the only one dear I don't like cats much too, I'm more of a dogs luver too!

I love cats, just as much as I love dogs.

My mother has a cat - who is kind of mine. It's a black one called Bast - after the Egyptian cat godess. She's very nice and love to lay on stomachs. She's a outdoor cat and we have had her since 2001. She used to be known as quite mean, but since we get rid of our 2 other cats (Astor and Lillen, her kittens) she's much nicer. They used to fight a lot.

I don't have any photos of her on the computer, but she's all black and very adorable ;)

Scary/freaky isn't that almost the same? :P

It doesn't surprise me that you don't like them, in fact I think most of the world's population prefers dogs over cats. There's nothing to be afraid of cats, if anything there's been more dog attacks than cats. :-/

Dogs provide more protection than cats, no doubt, but cats are independent and aren't very needy. Oh and cats can be protective of owners--I remember watching the news, there was a lady that was being attacked by a pitbull (or some other dog) and a cat came running out of its home and attacked the hell out of the dog, scaring it away and saving its owners life. Awww. :P

It probably does not come as a surprise that I love cats. I have one of my own (see below). I also love dogs but as I live in an apartment alone and work 40-45 hours a week I don't think a dog is the right kind of animal for me to have right now.

I like the quote you added under the picture--hilarious! :P

Your cat is cute, but it does look sorta sneaky. The kind of kitty Doctor Evil would own.

You are most certainly not the only one!

We have 3 dogs tearing around and two cats, one that we never see.

The other cat is kind of alright because hes too stupid and lazy to do anything and stays out of the way.

I figured since there's already a post dedicated to dogs, we might as well have one dedicated to cats. Surely, cats aren't as big and strong as most dogs...but they're certainly bright and can provide everlasting companionship and affection to their owners. Once I watched on the news how a cat woke its owner when the bed caught fire due to a dropped cigarette, now isn't that impressive!

Do you have cat(s)? If so what breed, or what kind of cat would you like? Personally I have my eyes set on the Birman.

As a kitten: As an adult:

I'm not a cat fan, but I do think those cats look very nice, aren't they expensive though

That's my kitten:

Your cat looks like the one I had when I was younger, me and my sister both had one each, they were the only two who survived a litter....her's disappeared a week after we started letting them out and my neighbours stole mine after we'd had her a few years :/ I think my mum was quite happy when they'd gone as she isn't a cat fan either and they scratched her wall paper....

I'm weird with cats, sometimes I'm ok but sometimes I really freak out. I was bitten when I was about 3 by one and although its probably not the case I remember there being loads of blood. I've frozen before when a cat has come towards me, Ash thought I was being daft last time it happened but I just freak out, it terrifies me. I was held hostage by a cat once after taking the rubbish out as it stood in front of me and I had one of my freak outs, took me ages to get back inside as I couldn't get by it :(

I do think cats are great for people who want pets but can't have a dog (not that I'm saying thats the only reason you have one) I have a friend who keeps talking about getting a dog and I think she should get a cat, she has a daughter, she works full time and she's lazy, she would never walk a dog. I just think a cat would suit her lifestyle a lot more and its actually really selfish if she gets a dog.

My boyfriend isn't a cat person either, I've told him once we're married if he doesn't let me have two more kids (he only wants one more) I'm going to buy loads of cats, he laughs....I don't think he realizes I will

I love cats! We have a Tabby/Calico. This is a pic that was taken not too long after we got her. She started out being my cat but my daughter took her from me lol.

Oh my, that picture is precious. :yesyes: Your cat still looks like a kitten, how old is he/she? I've noticed that most dogs and cats are pretty sensitive towards children, even protective. Must be motherly/fatherly instinct? =P

I'm not a cat fan, but I do think those cats look very nice, aren't they expensive though

Yes, they are. Purebred cats, like purebred dogs, are expensive in general. =/

There's no words describing my love for cats and generally the feline population of the world! I adore them to pieces ^_^ I can see why some people don't like them, they're not like dogs who will love you unconditionally and do whatever you tell them etc etc. A cat is an independent creature who is the master of any house. You train a dog but a cat will train you :D And you will love them!

My family's had cats at home since before I was born, always pure breeds though. I love all cats but the mixed ones can be a bit wonky in the head so to speak, usually because when you get a cat from an unserious owner/breeder you will take the kitten from their mother too early which can be fine but also go wrong. We've always had British Shorthairs which are very expensive (like dogs) but they have such personalities and great temperaments, and they are fine with being indoors. :) We don't let our cats out, don't want the road to take them. :(

These are my babies Lancelot

and Guinevere

There's no words describing my love for cats and generally the feline population of the world! I adore them to pieces ^_^ I can see why some people don't like them, they're not like dogs who will love you unconditionally and do whatever you tell them etc etc. A cat is an independent creature who is the master of any house. You train a dog but a cat will train you :D And you will love them!

My family's had cats at home since before I was born, always pure breeds though. I love all cats but the mixed ones can be a bit wonky in the head so to speak, usually because when you get a cat from an unserious owner/breeder you will take the kitten from their mother too early which can be fine but also go wrong. We've always had British Shorthairs which are very expensive (like dogs) but they have such personalities and great temperaments, and they are fine with being indoors. :) We don't let our cats out, don't want the road to take them. :(

These are my babies Lancelot

and Guinevere

I agree with what was said above, they're lovely looking cats. Great names too :)