The Emma-Watson.net Forum

A dear friend of mine is in London for five days and I feel worried about her...might text message her soon!

I hope Emma's okay! And I hope everyone who is in or has a relative or a friend in one of the cities attacked by riots is okay! This is horrible...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been on the news for hours and my hole town has been blocked off for miles. They're saying Birmingham was the second worst place hit after London. They're showing the shops. And every single shop has no windows. There's smashed TV's in the road, even CANDY SHOPS have been cleared out. All banks cash machines have been cleared out. Burned cars are lying in the middle of pathways where there are no roads? It looks terrible. Apparantly where it's been blocked off for a couple of miles radius anyone in that area is arrested and it's staying a closed down area for 2 or so weeks.

That sounds like a good strategy from police. Block off the areas, and arrest those out on the street who have no valid reason.

I hear the sarcasm Dave, but it's a brilliant idea I think. The warning is out there that it will happen. It's pretty obvious anyway if it's blocked off. But people who just defy it, deserve to be locked up.

It's just disgusting, the riots are over nothing, like people have already said the majority of people who are rioting or looting don't care about the bloke who got shot, it's just an excuse to behave as badly as they want. It really shows the sad state of people these days. The really sad thing is the punishments aren't going to be fit for the crimes. I just hope everyone in the effected area's are ok :( my thoughts are with you all.

I also hope it doesn't spread to even more area's tonight :(

I know right Donna. :/

I've noticed a few facebook groups and even though they're innapropriate I just had to join 3 of them. They were made by people from Birmingham.

All these riots it's clear what's happening, Voldemort is back.

Times like these you wish Batman was about. Sadly he's out robin.

Looting the sweet shop because Frutella is a bad man sweet.

The only reason why I like them is because 2 are my most valued fandoms and the 3rd because it was aimed a cyber candy in my town. :/ They sell the best american imported things ever! But they brought a smile to my face in these horrible times. D:

Seriously though, it is like Gotham City out there, I saw the voldemort one, don't really think its that appropriate :/

Really worried about my friend now though, she's a paramedic and had a knife pulled on her last night :( she's fine but she has another shift tonight, I'm out of my mind with worry.

I found a group on facebook "Let's riot *close town to me* tonight"

So i rang Cheshire police, told them the URL and the individual who created the account and the group has been removed. And they rang me back to tell me that they have arrested that person.

IF YOU find anything like this, ring the non emergency phone number for your area and tell them.

This is So horrible :/ My heart and prayers go out to everyone in UK!! all of them go out to me!! this is really scary!! i am sitting here reading all of these Comments and stuff i am shaking so bad! I hope everyone is okay!! this is awful

there in my though and prayers

Ah everything is so crazy!! 16,000 officers have been deployed to be on call and around. They are discussing what tactics to use in order to stop the riots. Plastic bullets is one of ideas.

My dad didn't go to work today. He decided to stay in the apartment (which is right in the heart of London). His car was smashed in but I rather that then anything else. I am happy he is safe.

I talked to most of my friends over there and they are okay. One has a smashed window, another one a car. A few are shop owners so of course they will face all sorts of issues with that.

All of this just blows my mind.

The police just need to use a bit of force tonight and they should keep on top of it. I feel like they've held back a bit the last couple of nights but it seems like today a bit of planning has gone into it. I hope every single rioter is brought to justice.

Edited by yorkshire

I actually didn't even know riots were going on until last night; I've been to busy watching the local weather for news on the hurricanes. Anyway, about the riots, I have to agree with what Mastro said, that these people are just not human.

I find it funny that the first rioters used the shooting as an excuse to riot, and then people started jumping onboard afterwards just because. I always wonder what goes on in people's heads, and I want to know, more than anything, what those men and women were thinking when they joined the riots.

To stop the riots, use force. The rioters are using the riots as a way to profit, and, since most probably have families, they will stop at the slightest hint of danger. So, storm into the rioting crowds with batons and tear gas and anything else that they have. The army can't do anything, because they can't shoot the rioters. They would only be there for intimidation, but people have brains. The rioters would realize not to worry about the army. Like everyone said, force is the only way to stop the rioters.

I truly hope everything will get better, and to everyone affected, I'm sorry and you're in my thoughts.

While the guy who got shot may have been the trigger event to these riots, the majority of original protesters of the guys death aren't rioting. In fact most of them seemed to speak out against it. I would venture a guess that these rioters just used that as a means to an end. It's clear that there's a high level of organization to all of this. Last night someone posted up a flier on twitter that showcased to rioters how to cover their face and what to do if caught or if evidence is presented against them. Furthermore they are using hit and run tactics and flaring up at multiple points during the night. If you really want to combat this you either need to mobilize more police or the army, as it is clear they are over stretched. There's a video out of eight cops getting rushed by like 50 people. In addition if a small group hits a certain area the police are drawn there while another group hits another area, leaving that area vulnerable. If you can't mobilize more force you need to hit their area of organization which are social networking sites such as twitter and facebook.

I think most can agree what's going on has far surpassed the original protest over that mans death and most are just involved just to loot.

The people who are causing all the trouble are just thieves, vandals and hooligans. They don't even know or care about the guy who got shot. They are just doing it for personal gain, stealing phones, laptops, etc. They have no respect for anybody else, they are selfish, mindless scum. Some people have lost their homes, and some their businesses, but what do they care. Any of them bought up in Court should be handed a tough sentence.

I feel sorry for the innocent people caught up in all of this, they must be terrified.

It has started in Manchester, the tram system has been shut down and things are getting serious already in the city.

GETTING angry now lol. Not going into uni tomorrow because god knows what ill find tomorrow morning, as apparantly my campus has been broken into as well. Perfect!!! If they burn my library down thats it!!!

England Riots in pictures, think i should get the topic name changed because its now all over the country lol.

Pictures.

Miss selfridge, Manchester. Riots started about a hour ago in Manchester

Salford

Arndale Manchester.

I don't think I'd ring police about a facebook group. That's a bit over the top. I'd just let people have their sick humour.

But the one Andrea reported might not have just been sick humour, people are planning the riots over social networking sites, so she did the right thing ringing the police and letting them know what was going on. How stupid would she feel if riots did happen in her area and she hadn't done anything to warn the police of what people were saying they were going to do. She wouldn't really have been able to moan about her car or house being targeted if she'd ignored that facebook group.

Im pretty sure people who heard Joshua Davies say he was going to kill Rebecca Aylward thought he was joking and left him to his sick sense of humour, but if one of them had warned her, her family or the police things may have turned out very differently