The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma at Madame Toussauds

I'm wondering what Emma's opinion on this is. In interviews she mentioned that she was freaked out by Hermione action figures, as seen here:

And now there is a wax model of her being made. I hope she's not too creeped out by it. :P

Well, if she attends some sort of ceremony when she is put on display or give some sort of official statement, we can assume that she is involved and approved the whole thing (but I bet she will not attend due to "University").

In case that we hear nothing or that it is declared "private", we can assume that she was not directly involved or had no chance to do something against it, if she was "waxed" without her approval. As another member said, under british law it seems to be possible to make such wax-models without consent of the portraided celeb.

And the "Action-figure": judge yourself:

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma did not sit for this, and she won't be.

I've seen a more advanced version of it than the pictures posted, but I too would be freaked out if someone made a wax model of me. :-s

I think I will win my bet; Glenfiddich here I come.......! :excited:

Oh, and if it is a good wax figure I would count it as honor the be on display. In the end, in this case you have as a celeb no need to pose with fans in the future; just send them to MdmeT and get 2% of the entry-fees.

I've seen a more advanced version of it than the pictures posted, but I too would be freaked out if someone made a wax model of me. :-s

It's super creepy and not even fun? I don't get it. I've been to MT once and I was mainly just incredibly freaked out to be in the presence of wax Hitler. Who wants to see wax Hitler? D:

It's super creepy and not even fun? I don't get it. I've been to MT once and I was mainly just incredibly freaked out to be in the presence of wax Hitler. Who wants to see wax Hitler? D:

As far as I remember, the first "Hitler" was made for MT when he was cancelor of the German Reich. At that time he was a politician like Churchill, Roosevelt and all the others.

When I visited MT for the first time around 1988, Hitler was placed behind glass at the staircase leading down to "Jack the Ripper"-London. The wax figure was the only one "behind glass", because the figure was - understandably - often insulted.

In 2007 Hitler was standing in the "Great Hall" with other politicians of his time. Not behind glass. And widly unrecognised.

I think, Waxi-Emmi will get more attention in the future. I love the idea so much. And my sarcasm is jumping again. But I will be a good fan. So no further jokes....

Hitler behind glass at the staircase to "Jack the Ripper-London"

That wax figure of Hitler is terrifying to me. Yuck.

----

On topic I think this is pretty cool! Go Emma! I don't love the outfit choice. Emma has worn much nicer dresses and Eli Saab has designed much better (in my opinion). Still very cool!

Oh...............then you're probably not going to like what I just did. :P

So I take it Emma won't be paying her wax self a visit then?

So I take it Emma won't be paying her wax self a visit then?

Jo. said it (between the lines): Emma is not involved in the process, maybe she wasn't even asked. And she is busy at the moment: with university and dealing with naked guys, proposing to her... (joke-alarm. Read he latest tweets).

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.
  • 1 month later...

From certain angles, it looks good. But, I wouldn't say instantly recognizable.

Since they didn't have her as a model, I'd say they did an acceptable job.

Edited by Roberto

I find them AMAZING, all the photos. it doesn't look bad at all considering they didn't have her for measurements.

I agree.. though it would've been better if they had her for measurements, but they did a good enough job anyway.

her eyes are too deep in the figure though.. her face and head is a teeny bit large relevant to rest of the figure, and I think her back is not nicely done.... there are flaws, yes - but its good, considerig the fact that Emma didn't have any measurement sessions for this figure!

I am not one for a good eye Lol...to me the figure looks alot like Emma, eerily similar for a wax figure. I love everyone's artistic eye on here though :) all I see is an exact replica of Emma Lol :)

And it certainly looks better than the Radcliffe one.

Dan's one is from Mars, away from the real actor, a bad job, but hey.

Emma's wx figure is amazing!

From certain angles, it looks good. But, I wouldn't say instantly recognizable.

Since they didn't have her as a model, I'd say they did an acceptable job.

HEY ROB, where did u find the PHOTOS?

WHAT ????   :lostit: :lostit: :lostit:

So, a summary: the modern forensic science makes it possible to turn gnawed skulls into perfect facial reconstructions. Computers makes it possible to reproduce perfect faces - and what the hell is this? A work of trainees in their first year? Does Madame Toussauds needs a redefinition? As an exhibition of "look a likes?"

The wax figure, which they call "Emma Watson" looks more like Marcia Cross with dark hair. And not like a famous young actress, we all know.....