The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma at Madame Toussauds

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't visit Madam Tussauds because it's a bit of a tourist trap and I went to one when I was a lot younger, but I'm fairly certain only Daniel has a wax figure there.

Well, I didn't visit Madam Tussauds because it's a bit of a tourist trap and I went to one when I was a lot younger, but I'm fairly certain only Daniel has a wax figure there.

i saw pics of that and his statue looks bad, coz they didn't have him for measurements.

• 6 months later...

374196_479460758776678_248137995_n.jpg

Press release (thank's to Watsonuncensored)

WANT to have your photograph taken with Harry Potter star Emma Watson? Well, you can. Almost. The 22-year-old will be joining the likes of Dame Helen Mirren and Kate Winslet as a waxwork at Madame Tussauds in London from March. “Emma is one of the most requested personalities by our guests,†says PR manager Nicole Fenner. “She’s a true English rose.†Emma will be modelled sitting on a chaise longue so that fans can snap themselves sitting next to the British star. She will be dressed for the red carpet in one of the Elie Saab dresses she wore in 2011.

** end **

I read this today at 6 am. Since that time my sarcasm is jumping through the livingroom, making remarks to that. Well, have to bring him down somehow.... B)

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

If they are using only photos, it could be the same desaster as it is with Daniel (look at the pic at the beginning of this thread. He looks like James Bond for poors....). I always thought that living celebs have meetings with the artists there to get the faces right....

And ling: they had no idea? No copyright? No privacy-laws? I mean, you are not allowed to use a picture of a person without consent, but you can make a wax-model without permission??????

Yes? I forget who it was, but I was in Las Vegas at the beginning of the month (they have a Tussaud's there) and heard similar stories several times. :P

The "not allowed to use a picture of a person without consent" isn't true. Paparazzi sell photos without their subject's consent. When you purchase said photograph you're paying the photographer, not the celebrity. So it's probably the same deal with sculpture. I.E. You're the artist, you get paid to make the sculpture, but the subject doesn't get paid.

Yes, since Emma is a public figure people can take pictures of her, sell them, use them without permission in many ways. I suppose a sculpture would be a similar idea. There is what are known as publicity rights where you can't use someone's image, likeness, etc. without permission, but this I think is mostly like advertising. To have a statue of Emma is ok, but I think if they were to put a picture of her on a poster to advertise Tussauds then they'd need permission.

I went to MT a few years ago when I was in London and have to say the figures are very life like. I will be very curious to see how Emmas will look! The gown is perfect :)

If I read it right, the visitors will have the opportunity to get a picture with her. Last time I was at MT there was Lady Di sitting on the sofa and the figure looked shabby and tapped off, because nearly every visitor was touching it when getting the photo.....