The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Jk Rowling Thread

I wouldn't like for her to continue the story. Past or future.

What i'd like though is to publish a series of books (?) with the characters' biographies, their backgrounds, their experiences. But not just a plain biography in 3rd person. A whole story.

And i'm not talking about the main protagonists. I mean about everyone.

I've said before i wish she could write Snape's biography. A detailed one. To give us his experiences, his feeling, his thoughts, what led him to where he's now etc etc.

I know many people would find this boring as, but i think it's interesting. I'm used by the manga, where the mangaka has the time to show us the different background of every character, major or minor. And that's awesome.

I like this idea, there are so many interesting characters to write about and I think it would be fascinating to read about their backgrounds from their own point of view, they would make great books.

when did she say he wasn't dead? and did she say why he wasn't?

It was a interview on the TV I seen. On a sky chanel. She mentioned it something to do with the mirror. BUT, It's obvious he weren't dead because she killed him off so... how to put it... weakley. He died so quick. I was just like... REEEEEALLLY?

i agree. i'd love that! and i think most potter fans would because we've all grown to feel like we know these characters personally, you know?

I agree with you totally Ash. (:

It was a interview on the TV I seen. On a sky chanel. She mentioned it something to do with the mirror. BUT, It's obvious he weren't dead because she killed him off so... how to put it... weakley. He died so quick. I was just like... REEEEEALLLY?

I agree with you totally Ash. (:

do you have a link? and what mirror?

i had a dream once, that JK and stephenie meyer (author of twilight) wrote a book together :0_0:

Hahaha! And then we would have the X-rated version of HP! :whaa:

Seriously though, I truly wouldn't mind her writing more books about the wizarding world. Something about Voldemort rise to power would be a great read imo. :yesyes:

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

she killed him off so... how to put it... weakley. He died so quick. I was just like... REEEEEALLLY?

i just want to make a point about Voldermort's death. the body cannot live without the soul, no matter how powerful a dark wizard you are, and a body without a soul, is just an empty shell. after Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, and Ron, destroyed the six horcruxes, and Voldermort destroyed the unintended seventh holcrux in Harry, there was probably just enough essence of the soul left in Voldermort's shell, just a shadow really, to be a functioning life, but it couldn't withstand a full-blast Avada Kedavra curse rebounded upon it by Harry's counter-curse. i could see the weakening look of Voldermort as each horcrux was destroyed, and the final spell battle was convincing, at least for me.

now, some people have said that Voldermort actually made seven horcruxes himself, and Harry was really the eighth, and unintended, horcrux, and that because so many horcruxes were destroyed that it weakened Voldermort to the point of being reduced to spirit form by his own curse, and that the seventh and still existing horcrux is keeping some small fragment of his soul/spirit out in limbo somewhere, but vastly more weakened than his first limbo caused when he tried to kill Harry as a child, and his curse rebounded on himself. people say this because young Tom Riddle in the orphanage, in HBP, had seven stones on his windowsill.

Voldermort made a horcrux of his diary, his mom's ring, his snake Nagini, and the other four were from the four houses of Hogwarts...the Hufflepuff Cup, the Slytherin Locket, the Ravenclaw Diadem, but where was the Gryffindor horcrux...? is this because he failed to acquire the Sword, or is there a horcrux of a Gryffindor item still out there? or as some people say, Harry was the Gryffindor horcrux, though obviously unintended by Voldermort.

if there ever is another book sequel, i bet Voldermort will return to take on the next generation. after all, you know what they say...things happen in threes. but then again, Jo Rowling said she always intended the series to be seven books, and seven is a recurring number in the books.

i personally believe Voldermort to be dead.