The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Jk Rowling Thread

I am surprised that the Harry Potter section doesn't have a topic about the author who created the series, so I decided to make the topic myself.

Do you think she will write more about the wizarding world, or move on to a completely new series?

hm good question

there was a rumour that she would write NO 8+9 about the children from Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione

I think it was a fake

But it would be geat if she would write more books like Quidditch trough the ages and slt

• 3 weeks later...

I love J.K. Rowling, she is by far my favourite author, so much so that I also keep all my Harry Potter books in their own place, seperate from the rest of my books. I also have 'The Tales of Beedle The Bard' and have recently brought 'Quidditch Through The Ages' and 'Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them' to complete my Harry Potter collection.

I'm looking forward to more of her work in the future and although I think the story of Harry Potter itself should be left alone now, I would love for her to write more books about the wizarding world, there is definitely potential there with so much to explore, so much history and so many stories that could be told.

I'm looking forward to more of her work in the future and although I think the story of Harry Potter itself should be left alone now, I would love for her to write more books about the wizarding world, there is definitely potential there with so much to explore, so much history and so many stories that could be told.

I agree. Even when I'm not sure if I'd like another HP book, I'd definitely appreciate mosre books about the wizarding world in general.

Ever since R.A.B. name popped out in HBP, I've been quite intrigued about his backstory.

I'm sure there are many characters with so many plots yet to be explored, so I definitely see JK Rowling continuing the path she created - if she doesn't deliver the Encyclopaedia, though. As all characters' backstory could be explained right and there as well.

i would REALLY love to read "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore"!!

i think she should seriously write that.

That would be brilliant, it could even be for charity or something like 'Quidditch Through The Ages' and 'Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them' were for Comic Relief.

So speaking of Dumbledore, does anyone else think it's a little funny that one of his names is Brian? Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. Just doesn't seem to fit. Both times that I've gone to see DH I've laughed when the minister reads his will and says his name. I laughed a little less the second time but the first time I'd forgotten that was part of his name because it's been a while since I've read the books. Do you think that those who know him well call him Big Bri?

When they call him Brian, I always think about this guy:

I am surprised that the Harry Potter section doesn't have a topic about the author who created the series, so I decided to make the topic myself.

Do you think she will write more about the wizarding world, or move on to a completely new series?

You not heard? There are rumours now that she is. But rumours may just be rumours. She announced about 2 weeks ago that Voldemort isn't actually dead. Some people took it as a hint. For me, I say she's just leaving it open just incase she wants to follow up.

She announced about 2 weeks ago that Voldemort isn't actually dead. Some people took it as a hint. For me, I say she's just leaving it open just incase she wants to follow up.

I don't like this. It's her creation, she can do with it what she wants but I think that's kinda giving the fans the shaft. Harry rid the world of old Voldy. The end.

If she goes through with this she's gonna wind up doing what George Lucas did with Star Wars. He couldn't leave well enough alone. How many different iterations are there of the original trilogy. Fans that used hold him in such high regard now can't stand him. The prequels were less than stellar. He changed Han shooting first in the original Star Wars. Now we have the Clone Wars cartoon and a cartoon movie of it. And he's talking about a TV show that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Stop already!

I realize it's their creation and it's their baby. They've toiled over it for many many years. But at a certain point they've gotta let go. The fans do have a certain amount of 'ownership'. What did you think would happen when you released it to the public for their approval? At that time it was out of your hands to a certain extent. Give the fans their due.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I don't like this. It's her creation, she can do with it what she wants but I think that's kinda giving the fans the shaft. Harry rid the world of old Voldy. The end.

If she goes through with this she's gonna wind up doing what George Lucas did with Star Wars. He couldn't leave well enough alone. How many different iterations are there of the original trilogy. Fans that used hold him in such high regard now can't stand him. The prequels were less than stellar. He changed Han shooting first in the original Star Wars. Now we have the Clone Wars cartoon and a cartoon movie of it. And he's talking about a TV show that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Stop already!

I realize it's their creation and it's their baby. They've toiled over it for many many years. But at a certain point they've gotta let go. The fans do have a certain amount of 'ownership'. What did you think would happen when you released it to the public for their approval? At that time it was out of your hands to a certain extent. Give the fans their due.

I don't mind really to be fair. I'd likme a filler book.

I don't think you can compare Harry Potter with Star Wars except in saying that Harry Potter is to this generation what Star Wars was to the generation 30 years ago. Aside from that, I don't think you can compare them. I think where Star Wars went wrong is it became all about special effects, merchandise and making money, these all took precedent over the story - he's talking about converting them all to 3D now.

With Harry Potter, the story will always come first, and unlike Star Wars, Harry Potter are first and foremost books. Harry Potter is a whole world created by J.K Rowling and there are so many ways it go, so much to explore with so many characters and all that history. She has said that she has done with the books now but could easily write an 8th, 9th or 10th if she wanted. I don't think it would happen but if she were to do that then I have no doubt they they will be just as good and just as popular as the first seven have been.

As I said in my previous post, I think that the story of Harry Potter should be left alone now, but I would love to see JKR write more books about the same wizarding world, I think there is so much potential there.

I don't think you can compare Harry Potter with Star Wars except in saying that Harry Potter is to this generation what Star Wars was to the generation 30 years ago. Aside from that, I don't think you can compare them. I think where Star Wars went wrong is it became all about special effects, merchandise and making money, these all took precedent over the story - he's talking about converting them all to 3D now.

With Harry Potter, the story will always come first, and unlike Star Wars, Harry Potter are first and foremost books. Harry Potter is a whole world created by J.K Rowling and there are so many ways it go, so much to explore with so many characters and all that history. She has said that she has done with the books now but could easily write an 8th, 9th or 10th if she wanted. I don't think it would happen but if she were to do that then I have no doubt they they will be just as good and just as popular as the first seven have been.

As I said in my previous post, I think that the story of Harry Potter should be left alone now, but I would love to see JKR write more books about the same wizarding world, I think there is so much potential there.

yes i very much agree.

Jo Rowling, the queen of all!! :king:

i would REALLY love to read "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore"!!

i think she should seriously write that.

ohh I was just about to post exactly that!! :P lol

I would LOVE to read the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore! I think it would be brilliant if she wrote that.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind another book into the series. I mean she said he's not dead. I would highly respect her if she wrote another. They obviously won't make another movie, but, I really want a filler book for the 19 years. Or a James/Lily/Snape book.

I wouldn't like for her to continue the story. Past or future.

What i'd like though is to publish a series of books (?) with the characters' biographies, their backgrounds, their experiences. But not just a plain biography in 3rd person. A whole story.

And i'm not talking about the main protagonists. I mean about everyone.

I've said before i wish she could write Snape's biography. A detailed one. To give us his experiences, his feeling, his thoughts, what led him to where he's now etc etc.

I know many people would find this boring as, but i think it's interesting. I'm used by the manga, where the mangaka has the time to show us the different background of every character, major or minor. And that's awesome.